Welcome to the Plazma Burst 2 Level Editor Manual. This manual will describe all the basic tools of the Level Editor, It's identities and purposes.
Here is short description about what tools you can use.
- allows you to select, deselect, move, scale
objects. Supports Key filtering
Add a Wall
- allows you to create wall objects. Drag to specify
Add a Movale object
- allows you to create a Movable object
or objects. Drag to specify the size.
Add a Region
- allows you to create Region objects. Drag
to specify the size.
Add a Pushing area
- allows you to create Pushing area objects.
Drag to specify the size.
Add a Background
- allows you to create Background objects.
Drag to specify the size.
Add a Water area
- allows you to create Water area objects.
Drag to specify the size.
Add a Player
- allows you to create Player objects.
Add an Enemy
- allows you to create Enemy objects.
Add a Vehicle
- allows you to create Vehicle objects.
- allows you to create Decoration objects.
Add a Gun
- allows you to create Gun objects.
Add a Lamp
- allows you to create Lamp objects.
Add a Barrel
- allows you to create Barrel objects.
Add a Trigger
- allows you to create Trigger objects.
Add a Timer
- allows you to create Timer objects.
Add an Engine mark
- allows you to create Engine mark objects.
- allows you to scale selected objects.
- With the Plazma Burst 2 engine, "Crate's" and "Rope" objects
- With the Plazma Burst 2 engine, "Allies" are "Enemies"
unless are on the same team as active Player.
- Player and Enemy objects will not collide if their team is set to "Alpha".
- In the Plazma Burst 2 engine, the Lamp flare effect can be disabled.
- Some of Decorations will automatically generate a glowing effect with the
help of "Lamp object" with the flare effect disabled.
- None of Decorations collide. Their collision can be made with the help of
invisible Movable object(s).
- The "Pushing area" other than it can "push an object"
it can also deal 2 kinds of damage: basic and slicing.
- The "Killing ray Decorations" deal no damage by default. Their damage
can be created with the help of "Pushing areas" with slicing damage
- With the Plazma Burst 2 engine, Acid is Water with damage turned on.
- "Background objects" are just the background walls. To change the
sky texture use the "Engine mark" object.
- "Shadow's" are generated only over Background objects.
- With the Plazma Burst 2 engine, it automatically generates Lamps with the
disabled flare effect around the Background objects with the brightness based
on the current sky texture to generate the global illumination.
- "Shadow's" in a map's appearance is based on the game settings.
- Enemy object skills are based on the "difficulty level" which is
selected by player. In multiplayer, the difficulty level is always "Impossible".
- Manipulation of the gameplay and the level appearance can be done with help
of Engine mark object(s).
- Engine mark that defines list of slots that can be randomly given to player in DM/TDM modes during respawn should contain only slot numbers separated with comas (for example: 6, 1, 4, 2, 3, 8, 5, 9, 7).
- Variables that can be defined in Triggers are accessible to all Triggers on level. Additionally all names of defined Variables are automatically replaced with their values when they appear in text messages or hints.
Here will appear list of links to video tutorials of map making.
Sometimes, when you test your map you might see some Errors.
To avoid any type of Errors, we recommend testing your map from time to time
during it's development. This way when your map has an error, it will stop working
and you will know what the problem is and the problem could be connected with
recent changes/additions made to the map.
But still, Errors can occur sometimes. Feel free to ask on our forum about any
questions or issues you might be experiencing and we will try to help you. Each
time you ask for help on a certain Error please specify the: Map ID
of the map that has the Error, Error code
When a problem is solved we will update following table of known Errors:
|Flash player plugin crashed
||Something happened with the game causing it unable to handle and crash,
for example map requested too much RAM memory.
This can happen when there is to much of high "power" parameter
value of Lamp objects.
|Players can't swim in Water area object
||Recreate the Water area object or resize it. It can
happen due to negative size of Water area object.
|Game freezes or freezes partially
||It can happen when game tries to execute the Trigger
that is contain an error of some sort in it's parameters.
|Map loads forever (or 15+ seconds)
||The map was unable to load in the allowed period of time (15 seconds).
Problem is connected with expensive calculations during map loading, for
example: "shadows" in the map are calculations, global illumination
calculations, snow generation, wall texture generation, too high "power"
parameter of Lamp objects.
|Wrong parameter value on background object
||Zoom out your map in Level Editor and then select everything with selection
region. Then take a look at Objects list - there you
might see objects which are not selected. Select them with click in Object
list and manually change their position and size parameter values
to correct ones or simply remove these objects.
Note: This table mostly reflects only Level Editor v1.1 errors. If development
was started at Level Editor v0.9 or you had copied some parts from map which
development was started in Level Editor v0.9 - please look corresponding section
for error solution in Level Editor v0.9 Manual.