Intro/Farewell(s)

Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby phsc » 18 November 2018, 16:25

deliciously exquisite pizza sauce

i need to write more text or something
Last edited by phsc on 17 March 2019, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 597
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Pizzeria

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Resi » 5 December 2018, 19:18

Resi wrote:[snip]


Eh, I think I've taken the break I needed.

I'm not good at making promises.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Burst » 9 December 2018, 12:38

Hi, I'm Burst.

That is all, I don't know what else to say.

hollow knight good game
i dont know how to put images as signatures so this is here
User avatar
Burst
Recruit
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 December 2013, 08:47
Location: Obscurity

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby darkstar 1 » 18 March 2019, 01:25

Spoiler: Show More
I think I have a game addiction, I've tried to limit myself before, but can't... at this point gaming has been consuming too much of my time, I don't want this to further influence my life so I'm gonna leave the games I am/was most addicted to by resetting my password.

I'll still be on discord/twitter/... if anyone needs me, but I won't be able to log in on this account anymore.

Btw, all my maps are open sourced, including the stuff I was recently working on, there are also some on my "singleplayer" and "_cube" account, feel free to take a look at them/finish them, idk

Thanks, Eric, for making this awesome game and thanks everyone for being here, I've had a really good time in pb2!


Goodbye.


Seems like I can't leave after all, I'm back, saved my pass somewhere just in case
Last edited by darkstar 1 on 19 April 2019, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
darkstar 1
Moderator
 
Posts: 930
Joined: 13 September 2014, 13:20
Location: Here... or there :|

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Resi » 18 March 2019, 01:59

darkstar 1 wrote:I think I have a game addiction


The departure of a man. A myth, and a legend.

We will all miss you, you had a huge impact on this game and its community, and will be prepared for your return. God bless.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Jason Eden » 18 March 2019, 08:42

darkstar 1 wrote:
Spoiler: Show More
I think I have a game addiction, I've tried to limit myself before, but can't... at this point gaming has been consuming too much of my time, I don't want this to further influence my life so I'm gonna leave the games I am/was most addicted to by resetting my password.

I'll still be on discord/twitter/... if anyone needs me, but I won't be able to log in on this account anymore.

Btw, all my maps are open sourced, including the stuff I was recently working on, there are also some on my "singleplayer" and "_cube" account, feel free to take a look at them/finish them, idk

Thanks, Eric, for making this awesome game and thanks everyone for being here, I've had a really good time in pb2!


Goodbye.

God bless you man. See you in PB3 I hope?
User avatar
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Silent Aurora » 15 April 2019, 18:35

Lmfao never thought I'd reply to my own topic but here it goes,

Going to finally depart from the community because it's evident i don't have time for it anymore. Haven't even stuck to my moderation obligations, let alone playing the game. I'm now in University (have been for a while lmao), going to start build up a portfolio consisting of projects which I can have under my belt when i go apply for internships next summer to start off my career. This community has given me some of the best and worst experience (from which I've learned from). Will I return? Honestly not sure, but we'll see.

Pce yall.
Silent Aurora
User avatar
Silent Aurora
Forum Veteran [1000]
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: 11 December 2013, 18:09
Location: Hika and sks <3

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Elitech » 28 April 2019, 15:43

عندما يريد العالم أن ‪يتكلّم ‬ ، فهو يتحدّث بلغة يونيكود. تسجّل الآن لحضور المؤتمر الدولي العاشر ليونيكود ، الذي سيعقد فيSeptember-11 آذار 2001 بمدينة مَايِنْتْس، ألمانيا. و سيجمع المؤتمر بين خبراء من كافة قطاعات الصناعة على الشبكة العالمية انترنيت ويونيكود، حيث ستتم، على الصعيدين الدولي والمحلي على حد سواء مناقشة سبل استخدام يونكود في النظم القائمة وفيما يخص التطبيقات الحاسوبية، الخطوط، تصميم
Last edited by Elitech on 22 April 2020, 22:16, edited 2 times in total.
epic
User avatar
Elitech
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 26 July 2016, 17:57

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Walian11 » 4 May 2019, 13:40

Silent Aurora wrote:Lmfao never thought I'd reply to my own topic but here it goes,

Going to finally depart from the community because it's evident i don't have time for it anymore. Haven't even stuck to my moderation obligations, let alone playing the game. I'm now in University (have been for a while lmao), going to start build up a portfolio consisting of projects which I can have under my belt when i go apply for internships next summer to start off my career. This community has given me some of the best and worst experience (from which I've learned from). Will I return? Honestly not sure, but we'll see.

Pce yall.




Goodbye old friend... God bless you

Dont know when I will be posting my goodbye.

Walian11
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 17 July 2013, 14:42
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 10 May 2019, 12:59

i've seen silent aurora leave and come back 5 times now.
is this going to be the 6th one?
User avatar
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 16 July 2013, 21:05

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Resi » 9 October 2019, 19:00

I've been away for more than 100 days from what I've been told.

I needed to take a break from this for a bunch of reasons.

Anyway, despite all the problems this community and game has, I'm aware that I'm an idiot as well, and I choose to blame myself more than others in this case.

I'm not gonna play the game, but the updates caught in my interest, so I took a quick look.

I'll probably post in the forums, I'm not sure.

My interest has moved to other games and my own project, I'm now in university, I'm planning to emmigrate, and my own community has grown considerably, I'm also getting a better laptop soon... So, I'm not gonna work on a map for a tiny flash game like this when most people play the same maps all over and over.

However, I still believe PB2.5 is very promising, and Eric is a good developer, maybe when it's out I'll play regularly again, because what turns me off the most is the client-side multiplayer.

I'm not a good map developer, but some of you enjoy my maps, so I've republished the ones I feel proud about.

On a more positive note: I'd like to give a shout out to Ditzy, Darkstar 1 and Kiriakos Gr96 for being really good people as well as being extremely talented.

I'm sure their works can entertain you more than mine would, my motivation and interest on PB2 died heavily years ago, I only do few changes to my maps nowadays.

I'll probably make resi-fp open source so another person can finish it, who knows.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby apotheosis00 » 13 October 2019, 01:49

Resi wrote:II'm not a good map developer, but some of you enjoy my maps, so I've republished the ones I feel proud about.


Don't worry, we all liked your maps. They are good.

Hello, I am apotheosis00. I'm doing multiplayer less and less, and in an undefined period of time I may stop multiplayer completely. Pretty much all I'm doing now is working on my maps, looking around the community, and trying to expand my clan.

I might even leave PB2 in a couple of months, but I'll still check on my maps.

Have no idea what else to say. I'm still trying to fix my speakers, but I think I should just buy new ones.

apotheosis00
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 30 March 2019, 22:25

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Resi » 16 October 2019, 15:48

apotheosis00 wrote:
Resi wrote:II'm not a good map developer, but some of you enjoy my maps, so I've republished the ones I feel proud about.


Don't worry, we all liked your maps. They are good.


Thanks. I've made all my maps open source in case people are interested in updating them.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Jason Eden » 16 October 2019, 16:27

Resi wrote:Thanks. I've made all my maps open source in case people are interested in updating them.

Quick question before your leaving: where is that super cool map you were talking about some while ago? You said it's going to be very detailed and good. I don't see it. Why don't you make it before leaving? 1.32 can help you a lot with that. People would remember you by that map. Try it?
User avatar
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Resi » 16 October 2019, 18:36

Jason Eden wrote:
Resi wrote:Thanks. I've made all my maps open source in case people are interested in updating them.

Quick question before your leaving: where is that super cool map you were talking about some while ago? You said it's going to be very detailed and good. I don't see it. Why don't you make it before leaving? 1.32 can help you a lot with that. People would remember you by that map. Try it?


Here's the source. As of 1.32, the map isn't really detailed anymore.

As I've said before, I'm not interested in making maps anymore, specially when people only play stryde-sniper and x death-realwar.

If anyone wants to finish it, be my guest. Right Side is unfinished, left side could use some improvements, the left side is supossed to be asymmetrical while right side is symmetrical, 4 players would spawn in each side of the map.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Jason Eden » 16 October 2019, 20:55

Resi wrote:As I've said before, I'm not interested in making maps anymore, specially when people only play stryde-sniper and x death-realwar.

Those maps are quite a problem, indeed. But there are people who play normal maps too. I mean your maps have votes and plays too. Your map (resi-sol) has 48 rates and 3227 plays for example. You can make maps for people who appreciate high quality maps instead of fast paced and simple ones. Those fans are the best fans in the game and you know it.

I believe there will be a turning point in PB when people will stop playing low quality maps 24/7. We as experienced players who know what map is good and what map is bad should work on it together if we want this situation to change. I mean you can reach better result if, for example, you convince Eric to give the approval tool to experienced level developers who would never pick something like Stryde-sniper for the approval. They might not approve those maps in PB3 or even disapprove them in PB2. I believe since 1.32 is out this is the exact right moment of time when we can kill Stryde-sniper without killing PB2. Why don't you want to do that instead of leaving?
User avatar
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby kubakuba » 25 October 2019, 08:19

I'm posting this for Jason Eden because he is permanently banned on the forum.

Jason Eden wrote:Okay, people. Not going to write a huge speech about how I love everybody here. Just going to say my goodbye.

I'm leaving all my maps open sourced in case if you want to use them. You can copy map elements or whole maps at once, I don't mind. You can credit me or not credit me (depends on your wish) for using them.

I'm not coming back. I'm not joining PB3. If you see someone who is claiming he is me, don't believe him. And don't trust him. Because Jason Eden has officially left the Plazma Burst universe.

I'm not going to visit the website from time to time to check my inbox or anything. So there is no need to send me messages and wait for the answers. I'm going to ask an administrator to permanently ban me on the website also.

Farewell, Plazma Burst!

Farewell, everyone!
We are only human
User avatar
kubakuba
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 23 September 2017, 13:49
Location: Cosmos

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 27 October 2019, 13:50

kubakuba wrote:I'm posting this for Jason Eden because he is permanently banned on the forum.

Jason Eden wrote:Okay, people. Not going to write a huge speech about how I love everybody here. Just going to say my goodbye.

I'm leaving all my maps open sourced in case if you want to use them. You can copy map elements or whole maps at once, I don't mind. You can credit me or not credit me (depends on your wish) for using them.

I'm not coming back. I'm not joining PB3. If you see someone who is claiming he is me, don't believe him. And don't trust him. Because Jason Eden has officially left the Plazma Burst universe.

I'm not going to visit the website from time to time to check my inbox or anything. So there is no need to send me messages and wait for the answers. I'm going to ask an administrator to permanently ban me on the website also.

Farewell, Plazma Burst!

Farewell, everyone!


Farewell for like the 13th time my guy, we'll talk later
Spoiler: Show More
User avatar
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 9 September 2016, 18:26

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby phsc » 27 October 2019, 15:00

Green Eyed Demon wrote:
kubakuba wrote:I'm posting this for Jason Eden because he is permanently banned on the forum.

Jason Eden wrote:Okay, people. Not going to write a huge speech about how I love everybody here. Just going to say my goodbye.

I'm leaving all my maps open sourced in case if you want to use them. You can copy map elements or whole maps at once, I don't mind. You can credit me or not credit me (depends on your wish) for using them.

I'm not coming back. I'm not joining PB3. If you see someone who is claiming he is me, don't believe him. And don't trust him. Because Jason Eden has officially left the Plazma Burst universe.

I'm not going to visit the website from time to time to check my inbox or anything. So there is no need to send me messages and wait for the answers. I'm going to ask an administrator to permanently ban me on the website also.

Farewell, Plazma Burst!

Farewell, everyone!


Farewell for like the 13th time my guy, we'll talk later

He does that shit because his narcissism isn't being fed enought so he goes into a kind of histrionic state where he wants attention, he will come back because of that and probably get attention but if that doesn't work then he will probably go cry alone in some corner, probably because in real life he is already past that state which is kind of a nihilistic wait for things to change so he can try again, which depending on how things are in his life (probably working in a wagie job), won't happen.
It is extremely funny because he attacks people who are more sucessful than him by saying their lives are miserable or similar out of projection or simply tries to not make achievements such people have not count (I won't ever be a scientist and the new "method" of machine learning data analysis and also a product related to that to show it works and an article are all invalid because they're not some super advanced google/IBM level AI) but that is because he is extremely insecure and sensitive inside.

The source for that is the DSM-5 if anyone cares, the attention part is actually from the DSM-4 but it still applies.
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 597
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Pizzeria

Re: Intro/Farewell(s)

Postby wreak » 11 November 2019, 05:00

Well I think it's about time I should leave now...


Before I had this account:
Spoiler: Show More
I have played pb2 since 2013 with a old toshiba laptop. I remember my very first account named "nghebrehiwet," in which I often played around in the level editor. The level editor felt so revolutionary as it blew my mind for a 11 year old. The way I look at life and my mentality has dramatically changed yet where I am now is not much different which is partly why I want to leave (I don't know what happened to this account).

Not long after I created my first account, I made another one called "ng126327." Looking back at that account, I had a pretty bad reputation of being a annoying 12 year old. That isn't to say I got nothing out of it, I had one of the biggest mental developments during that time. Surprisingly enough, I managed to be in [GSA] and [BOA]. I also had some really awful fan art that I made which i'm sure most people didn't take seriously.

The next account I made was "ngmaps;" I still had my second account during this time and I would pretend that those 2 accounts were seperate people (a lot of people got pissed off). The only real reason for this account was so that people would remember the name when typing in my map ID. These 2 account managed to last a while until something happened...

If you guessed the database crash, your correct. One of my biggest things I remember of pb2 was the february 16 database crash. I got very frustrated realizing that I couldn't get my accounts back because they didn't have a real email with the account. It was at that point where I was just about ready to leave pb2 until for some reason, I decided to make another pb2 account with a real email named "wreak."


The name "wreak" was the only name I made with even a slight effort and not the same "lEmMe mAkE aNoThEr AcCoUnT tHaT sTaRtS wItH ng." But at the same time, I misspelled "wreck" on accident (yes, imagine not being able to spell wreck at 13 years old). This account by far is the most successful in terms of map making and reputation. Without a doubt; I had some messy issues with clan members, other users, and staff that resulted in brief bans (which I deserved). Looking at the time I made this account, I was in 7th grade which was my lowest point in my childhood. Fights and being harassed was very common for me in middle school making me take some of my instability onto pb2. If you were to read my old posts, you can easily tell that I was a 13 year old. Lucky me, there are plenty of maps I still have which are by far my most famous and successful. As time progress for me, I continued to grow with my environment as a never ending quest.

I also have alt accounts that I can still access like "ouh" but I only use them to publish test maps.

Why am I leaving?:
I think the biggest reason for me leaving pb2 is to progress onto my life. By no means do I have a severe addiction to pb2 (at least not anymore). Infact, my interest in pb2 has weaken significantly this past year. The only reason why I played pb2 at all recently was because of the new update eric added. But the reason I say this is because I want closure here. I have played this game since I was 11 years old and now I am turning 18 in november 10. I am well aware that tons of people play video games after 18 which leads to my second reason.

I have other, more bigger goals to do now. No longer am I the confused skinny preteen who has a distorted view of reality and doesn't have a clue about what to in the future. I feel as though pb2 may take some of my time to achieve my passion in life albeit not as much as it use to.

My last reason is for me to live life more, its extremely common in gaming forums for people to spend their life here which doesn't improve themselves outside of whatever game they play. The reason why I was so general for this reason is because pb2 wasn't the only game I use to binge on. I have been bingeing on games for as long as I can remember and recently, this is the only time in my life (other being a baby) where I don't binge on any video games or even play them that much at all. Now I want to fully experience life with some fresh air.

"You will be back next week":

I am well aware that many people create essay long farewells only to come back shortly after, but I made my mind on leaving pb2. Once I log out, I will not log back in for good.

Conclusion:

I will officially leave pb2 for good now, thank you guys for all the crazy memories. So many ups and downs I can remember. And I know pb2 is a game but I did cry leaving this game. I found enough closure to progress on with my life.

Sorry for the bad grammer!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SUPPORTING ME FOR 6 YEARS!!
wreak
User avatar
wreak
Noir Lime [600]
 
Posts: 655
Joined: 23 January 2015, 02:01

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Campfire

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users