Post-War Collaborative Project

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Post-War Collaborative Project

Postby tehswordninja » 29 March 2021, 19:19

Welcome to the Post-War Collection project! This is a collaborative project between top members of the PB2 fan art community, set in an alternative timeline exploring the possibility of the Marine never going back in time to "correct" the Usurpation invasion. What might a post-war galaxy look like? This project explores not only that, but also adds brand new factions and groups and expands on existing ones. It's been a pleasure to work with everyone involved and the project will continue to grow as new art is added. However, we wanted to eventually release this project to Eric, and now became a good time to do so.

Here is the link to the project:

Link: https://trello.com/b/1aV5OBGd/pb2-post-war-collection

Collaborators:
Spoiler: Show More
thetoppestkek: Did a massive amount of work spanning over three factions, including Nexxon, Scavengers, Insurgents, and others. Helped with lore building.

CakeSpider: Also a massive source of art specifically on the Federation, but also did work for Usurpations, Crossfire, Falkoks, and other factions. Was also a help with lore building.

LazyRain: Made designs for various factions including Falkoks and Usurpations among others. Also a great source of feedback.

Ditzy: Created designs for ICO and other misc designs including the Oryx suit.

Darkstar: Did work for Usurpations, PHANX, and other factions.

SgtMuffin: Contributed amazing CS/C9/Federation art.

tehswordninja: Did lore, project coordination, and written concepts.

Future Collaborators:
Gashadokuro

Special Thanks:
Moonhawk: additional information for Crossfire lore

Eric: Creating a game we still interact with 11 years later

PB2.5 Beta server: Thank you for general feedback and being willing to work on the project!

PB2 Community: Just a general thank you, especially for anyone who wanted to get involved or gave feedback.

We'd love to hear feedback and are open to new ideas as well. Thanks for your time!
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Re: Post-War Collaborative Project

Postby lrv » 30 March 2021, 16:18

tehswordninja wrote:PB2.5 Beta server: Thank you for general feedback and being willing to work on the project!

Wait, what?
What 2.5 beta server?
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby broforce1 » 30 March 2021, 16:45

lrv wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:PB2.5 Beta server: Thank you for general feedback and being willing to work on the project!

Wait, what?
What 2.5 beta server?

Whoever was in that project was just a part of the wiki editors for PB2 lore, and he/she got mentioned for few contributions for lore, factions..etc..

for whoever wants to contribute to the project just go sign up there and collaborate with others, they may pick up some of the ideas for PB3.

simply each artist picked up a specific faction and add something modified to it and that is all.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby tehswordninja » 30 March 2021, 22:44

lrv wrote:

Wait, what?
What 2.5 beta server?

Just the name of my private server, where the project was hosted. Was previously used to help Eric with the last fan art update.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby lrv » 31 March 2021, 10:14

My idea would be a prototype Usurpation unit that was originally designed to occupy and hold human cities. Those units would originally have prototype guns for compatibility with human ammo. However after the retreat many units remained in the cities, holding them as bases. I think the Usurpation Hybrid Head and Backpack would be fitting, legs and arms would need rework.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Gashadokuro » 31 March 2021, 20:37

lrv wrote:My idea would be a prototype Usurpation unit that was originally designed to occupy and hold human cities. Those units would originally have prototype guns for compatibility with human ammo. However after the retreat many units remained in the cities, holding them as bases. I think the Usurpation Hybrid Head and Backpack would be fitting, legs and arms would need rework.

While interesting at first, this makes little sense from a realistic or video game perspective, because it would be an entire new kind of soldier with new equipment solely to occupy normal territory.

They could very well adapt / use normal human guns or have their own supplies, because wanting to stuff CS-RS ammo in an Alien Rifle is just overcomplicating things, when they could just pull the trigger like anybody.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby lrv » 31 March 2021, 21:14

Yeah, they could just use human guns. But what about food etc.? It wouldn't be that unrealistic they'd deploy troops who can sustain themselfs from food and water, both plenty in human cities. It would also make sense if those troops employed different tactics.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 1 April 2021, 06:04

lrv wrote:Yeah, they could just use human guns. But what about food etc.? It wouldn't be that unrealistic they'd deploy troops who can sustain themselfs from food and water, both plenty in human cities. It would also make sense if those troops employed different tactics.

You should look at the lore for the Usurpation Remnants since it covers this.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby lrv » 1 April 2021, 09:48

I did. Still it would make sense some units adapted better.
Usurpation Hybrid also has antenna etc. for interoperability with human radio systems etc.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 1 April 2021, 17:35

lrv wrote:I did. Still it would make sense some units adapted better.
Usurpation Hybrid also has antenna etc. for interoperability with human radio systems etc.

I know we don't have much in the way of hard dates on the trello, but Usurpations haven't been stuck on Earth long enough for "hybrid" technology to happen. If they need human radios they would just capture them.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby lrv » 1 April 2021, 18:17

tehswordninja wrote:

I know we don't have much in the way of hard dates on the trello, but Usurpations haven't been stuck on Earth long enough for "hybrid" technology to happen. If they need human radios they would just capture them.

Ok I see. This does bring up the question why the Usurper BNG exists though... Because guns are easier to manufacture than exo-suits I presume?

Could my skin be used as a potential marksman skin though? Would it fit because of radio transmitter for communication with squad that's further away? If the marksman rifle also shot purple bullets in conjunction with that skin that would be fitting.

Also some more ideas:
-Usurpers getting hold of Grub DNA through the attack on mars, building a cloning facility on one of their ships (might conflict with idea of Usurper Androids and their limited resources?)
Note: with ingame lore it seems CS is reluctant to use any non-humans (confirmed by eric), so CS using grubs is a bad idea
-Mars human and falkok colonies hiring bounty hunters to find Marine and Noir Lime
-A terrorist faction largely out of grubs (like in lrv-shortened_discharge-01) occasionally striking CS and Usurper targets, but in general maintaining a low profile
-Pro-Federation movement by civilians
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 2 April 2021, 17:03

lrv wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:

Ok I see. This does bring up the question why the Usurper BNG exists though... Because guns are easier to manufacture than exo-suits I presume?

Could my skin be used as a potential marksman skin though? Would it fit because of radio transmitter for communication with squad that's further away? If the marksman rifle also shot purple bullets in conjunction with that skin that would be fitting.

Also some more ideas:
-Usurpers getting hold of Grub DNA through the attack on mars, building a cloning facility on one of their ships (might conflict with idea of Usurper Androids and their limited resources?)
Note: with ingame lore it seems CS is reluctant to use any non-humans (confirmed by eric), so CS using grubs is a bad idea
-Mars human and falkok colonies hiring bounty hunters to find Marine and Noir Lime
-A terrorist faction largely out of grubs (like in lrv-shortened_discharge-01) occasionally striking CS and Usurper targets, but in general maintaining a low profile
-Pro-Federation movement by civilians

"Alien BNG" is honestly a placeholder name. It's just to reflect it functions in a similar way, and reflects how the Usurpation weapons are named. I played around with the idea of some Usurpation weapons being developed during the war that mirror human weapons, but not super sure if I want to commit to that.

I want to reserve Grubs for Falkoks/Human Soldiers. Also terrorist Grubs? That one doesn't make sense.

The bounty hunter idea is interesting and we're currently doing some concept work regarding the Marine and co. They would certainly be in an interesting situation and I'd love to explore what is happening to them during this timeline.

There's already a faction supported by the Federation (the Insurgents), otherwise there is zero reason to focus on civilians supporting the Federation. No one on Earth is going to support them due to ideological differences that have been built up over time - any Federation support moved off-world or is very small.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby lrv » 2 April 2021, 17:43

Terrorists who stole grub DNA and used them. Also according to Eric grubs can be basicly programmed by anyone including beeing self-aware, so it's not that far off. So basicly terrorists who use grub DNA or consciouss grubs that went rogue.

Reserving grubs for the people based on mars is bad, as grubs were in service for a long long time, so it's highly unlikely they were only ever used on mars.

How is the strength of the Federation compared to CS though? Could the Federation just crush CS and if why haven't they done so?
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Gashadokuro » 2 April 2021, 18:14

I think the Federation can invade Earth with 0 issues because Cake wrote it like a 12yo.
Gashadokuro

Postby CakeSpider » 3 April 2021, 01:02

Gashadokuro wrote:I think the Federation can invade Earth with 0 issues because Cake wrote it like a 12yo.

Retard, I did not write that they powerful, I wrote only that they can attack after the earth remained in a difficult situation after the war with usurpation. And I don’t understand why you thought that the federation was just only attacked the earth how you wrote in discord server PBC

"Cake's lore is literally taking over the earth prior to the war, doing nothing, and taking over the solar system after the war"

> prior to the war?
bruh even paragraph called "After the war against usurpation"

Maybe it’s translation problems when I wrote the last paragraph because my English sucks.But i think you just deliciously exquisite pizza sauce ignored the last line. "or help restore the infrastructure, as well as help the factions on her planet" I wrote how it can be possible, not like a 100% claim that they took over the Earth
CakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCake
CakeSpider
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby nightmar » 8 April 2021, 11:41

It does not make sense for the federation to appear after the usurpation war since the entire point of the plazma burst lore is to prevent that war from happening. That's basically why we go back in time to try and stop humans from opening the portal that leads to the usurpation galaxy.

We can make the following conclusions from those facts.
1) if the marines fail in their mission then the usurpations are most likely going to take over Earth and commit mass genocide to make the planet suit theirs (since they usurp planets)

2) if the marines suceed in their mission then the usurpation war will never happen.

With those things in mind under what kind of circumstances would the Federation go to Earth? The only logical way of the approaching is to prevent the usurpations from usurping it but that would mean interfering before the war is over which is not what cakespider said to not be the case.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby tehswordninja » 8 April 2021, 15:59

nightmar wrote:It does not make sense for the federation to appear after the usurpation war since the entire point of the plazma burst lore is to prevent that war from happening. That's basically why we go back in time to try and stop humans from opening the portal that leads to the usurpation galaxy.

We can make the following conclusions from those facts.
1) if the marines fail in their mission then the usurpations are most likely going to take over Earth and commit mass genocide to make the planet suit theirs (since they usurp planets)

2) if the marines suceed in their mission then the usurpation war will never happen.

With those things in mind under what kind of circumstances would the Federation go to Earth? The only logical way of the approaching is to prevent the usurpations from usurping it but that would mean interfering before the war is over which is not what cakespider said to not be the case.

"PWC is based on the concept of "Post-War". It is the idea that Marine, Noir Lime, and Proxy did not successfully (or decided not to) go back in time, resulting in a timeline where the Usurpation invasion continues, but humanity wins - at a cost."

Federation also were involved directly in the war. They didn't show up afterwards, they just continued to build up a presence, since what they were able to send to assist Earth was somewhat small in scale.

Might be a good idea to actually look at the project before giving criticism.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Paul Jackson CS » 4 June 2021, 13:53

Seems pretty legit. I will be willing to help with the project. Especially with the lore aspect of things.
I am Raven.

Paul Jackson CS
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mokaal » 4 June 2021, 14:12

Will there be a game about this project or it will be like some sort of comics that are fun to read, I'm interested on that.
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Gashadokuro » 6 June 2021, 18:21

I think The Sword Ninja should really consider this Michael Jackson CS guy
Gashadokuro

Next

Return to Still Art