【V4】Trigger Idea Megathread

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: 【V4】Trigger Idea Megathread

Postby yi en » 17 October 2020, 06:26

Methods of making your idea:

Please follow this code to start with your idea:
Code: Select all
[color=<color code given below>]<what category>[/color] > <your idea that appear as trigger action title if added>
[spoiler][quote="<your name>"]<explain why you want this trigger action happen>[/quote][/spoiler]

Code List:
Spoiler: Show More
Code: Select all
Movable      #5f6887
Region      #94a4c1
Vehicle      #efefef
Character   #ac961b
Gravity      #ffff00
Scenario   #ffa500
Gun      #ff214b
Barrel      #e76565
Trigger      #ef51ef
Timer      #d988d9
Decoration   #8080ff
Gravitator Area Field      #2cb3f1
Gameplay   #28c28d
Sound      #00ff00
Interface   #6cff00
Light      #7fff79
Trigger execution   #474b54
Var      #ffffff
Session Var   #aaaaff
URL      #aaffaa
AI      #ffaaaa
Environment   #ffffaa
Text-to-speech   #aaaaaa
Experience   #ffaaff
Engine Mark   #00ffff
Utility      #ffff80

This thread is for sake of saving my time, and process the thing faster. The list will updated every 1 page is full.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Yex » 18 October 2020, 02:53

Respawn character 'A' at a random point in region 'B'
Yex wrote:This trigger action does exactly like how it does when you die in deathmatch or team deathmatch in multiplayer you respawn after a delay when your screen fades but this is used for a specific character and is at a random point in region and using this trigger action it'll execute the respawn just like that even if the character is alive that is which is why it's best to execute this trigger after a character has died if you want that, I also may need this if I ever plan to make Single Player Deathmatch 2 the sequel with more options and stuff if I ever plan to make one that is.

Respawn character 'A' at the centre of region 'B'
Yex wrote:Similar to the above trigger action except it's for the centre of region just in case if people wanted the centre of region instead of random point that is.

Multiply respawn speed character 'A' with the respawn speed multiplier to value 'B'
Yex wrote:This is trigger action to individually modify each character respawn speed multiplier instead of globally that is and is also combined with the two other trigger actions above which will modify how fast or how slow the respawn delay is going to be that is.

Set AI character 'A' movement factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how often the AI will move around in terms of investigating behaviour mode or other behaviours that is.

Set AI character 'A' bravery factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set will change if let's say we have a tank enemy who uses swords, well because of PB2 logic we know that the enemy who uses swords and has a high hit points will flee the combat area due to his bravery factor, so instead we may need a way to customize AI so that we can have zombies who will not flee from combat regardless if it were two enemies or more based on factor, negative numbers makes it want to stay away more I guess which is perfect for civilians I guess so?

Set AI character 'A' shooting factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how often the AI will shoot in terms of combat against enemy or player. Negative numbers will most likely make the AI hold it's fire at all times, this may include swords as well.

Set AI character 'A' aim factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how often the AI will aim in terms of combat as well as accuracy that is. Very high numbers may make the AI become very aimbot that is.

Set AI character 'A' camp factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how often the AI will camp which would mean how often will AI stay in one spot that is and perhaps how long perhaps?

Set AI character 'A' reaction factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how fast the AI will react to all kinds of things that is considered reacting that is.

Set AI character 'A' dodge factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how fast the AI will dodge enemy shots that is and perhaps other things that require dodging.

Set AI character 'A' aggressive factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how aggressive the AI will be such as shooting more angerly or something like that, I don't know.

Set AI character 'A' help factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how helpful the AI will be in terms of combat, for example let's say player got shot and died and the AI has the defibrillator or medic pistol so based on the value the AI will either more likely sacrifice itself to save the player by focusing more on dead teammates or simply ignore them or until the threat has been neutralized, useful for medic teammates that is.

Set AI character 'A' focus factor to value 'B'
Yex wrote:The value that is set to will change how focus AI is based on factor that is how well it will focus on enemies, example let's say there were two enemies and the AI has either to focus on one of them and neutralize one of them or tries to focus on more and neutralize both that is.

Change dying state of character 'A' to value 'B'
Yex wrote:We all know the default value for dying state is 30, but what if we want to change that? Well now we can with this trigger action and now we can have no dying state which is 0 or less such as negative numbers for a specific character that is or we can have a weak character whose dying state is 100 or more. Perhaps perfect for balancing both low hit points and high hit points enemies or characters that is perhaps?

Allow/disallow 'B' projectiles to pass through movable 'A'
Yex wrote:So in case of many things like the borders of the map or if we wanted a platform that allows pass through projectiles.

Allow/disallow 'B' weapons to pass through movable 'A'
Yex wrote:Similar to the above one, but for the weapons/guns in case you want it, perhaps to prevent players from grabbing something beforehand or perhaps making platforms or bridges that just allows pass through.

Allow/disallow 'B' vehicles to pass through movable 'A'
Yex wrote:In case if you wanted to like have vehicles fall through platforms or other custom decorations.

Allow/disallow 'B' characters to pass through movable 'A'
Yex wrote:In case of making platforms or custom decorations.

Allow/disallow 'B' ragdolls to pass through movable 'A'
Yex wrote:This one is similar to the one above but only allows dead entities to pass through if allowed.

Allow/disallow 'B' barrels to pass through movable 'A'
Yex wrote:Let's barrels fall through movable or custom decoration that is.

Var > Set character 'A' max hit points and minimum hit points to value of variable 'B'
Yex wrote:So that it's possible to make a sufficient wave round with endless enemies where the higher the level or wave the harder the enemies with their hit points and many other things that wouldn't be possible without this.

Var > Set character 'A' minimum hit points to value of variable 'B'
Yex wrote:In case if needed a minimum only.

Var > Set character 'A' max hit points to value of variable 'B'
Yex wrote:In case if needed a max only.

Region > Move region 'A' to camera of player 'B'
Yex wrote:This is so that we can have a region following player's camera which is cursor and the player somewhere in between. Useful for many things that wouldn't necessarily possible without this trigger action.

Region > Move region 'A' to player-initiator's camera
Yex wrote:Similar to the above one but for player-initiator.

Character > Set character 'A' stability multiplier to value 'B'
Yex wrote:Changes how often character goes into ragdoll mode essentially and a lot more stable form of that then using pusher negative stability damage which makes characters kinda buggy but cool but are not stable. With this trigger action it'll be a stable version and also a multiplier just like the jump one but for stability where you can easily have high mobility movement without falling over and stuff and more immune to rockets/energy which deal massive knockback due to high mobility but if stability multiplier is much higher it would mean the character is less likely to lose stability meaning that rockets/energy won't deal massive knockback due to that in which case Android SLC-56 don't have hence they dealt massive knockback, would be cooler to have a heavy version which is only present in PB2.5/3 of that Android in Eric's spoiler image.

Utility > Set background 'A' base noise to yes/no 'B'
Yex wrote:I know there's an engine mark for this but I feel like it should be a specific addon to backgrounds just like attach to, draw in front but a base noise and also change the engine mark version of this into sky noise which mutes sky noise and not background noise as this utility would be just like the attach to, draw in front but only enables/disables base noise for a specific background you set it on. Engine mark sky noise will simply mute sky noise and not base noises, also perfect for space theme maps as it makes no sense to have wind sounds in space also implies the firing sounds of weapons too but I won't get to that since air/wind doesn't exist in space is the first problem reality logic which I feel like should be easily fixed then other sounds.

Environment > Set custom image 'A' for sky
Yex wrote:I noticed that using custom images in backgrounds and setting their offsets to 1000000000 will add a sky effect to that background, however it has a problem, due to different screen settings it kinda messes it up making the sky image on background look weird due to sky image only going from 800x400px due to PB2 camera however when screen settings are different it messes up the sky image making it look weird, so this trigger action would fix that problem and make it not a problem no more and perfect for setting any sky image for sky.

Utility > Set background 'A' image fit to scale of background
Yex wrote:This is a feature just like the attach to, spawn shadows, draw in front except this feature does something else and that is fit image of background to the scale of background which does just that basically changes the pattern type into a fit type which stops the background from repeating the pattern of the image and instead scales it to make it fit on the scale of the background.

Utility > Attach water area 'A' to movable 'B'
Yex wrote:Just like backgrounds and decorations and many other things have attach to feature, I was wondering if it's possible to have water area be attach to movable just like the others?

Utility > Attach light 'A' to movable 'B'
Yex wrote:Same as above but for lights and I wonder if it's possible for lights to be attached to movable?

Gun > Call trigger 'A' when gun 'B' is holstered
Yex wrote:In here viewtopic.php?f=122&t=24993 I found an idea which may be useful especially for xElijah as showed in topic.

I think I ran out of ideas.
Last edited by Yex on 23 October 2020, 00:07, edited 3 times in total.
Now I really want to die. Just to get out of this embarrassment.
Don't talk to me.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Mean Me » 20 October 2020, 21:00

I've taken what I thought were the best ideas I have and pasted them here.

Region > Change activation trigger of Region 'A' to Trigger 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Currently if a region is bound with a trigger it will forever stay with that trigger unless manually edited from the region, so it would be useful just to switch triggers instead of using variables to do what you wanted to do.
[/spoiler]

Region > Change activation type of Region 'A' to 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Likewise for the activation trigger, the type (i.e. activated by player, use button, or character in vehicle) cannot be changed after being set in the Level Editor. Having it be more flexible as well would increase opportunities for future levels.
[/spoiler]

Region > Spawn marines weapons in Region 'A'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:There is an engine mark which spawns marine's weapons exactly where the engine mark is, so if it's bound to a region it would probably make more sense.
[/spoiler]

Region > Spawn Proxy’s weapons in Region 'A'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Same as above.
[/spoiler]

Region > Make an explosion at region 'A' with HEX color 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Just a neat trigger to add.
[/spoiler]

Region > Force all characters in region 'A' to make their way to region 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Would open up many opportunities for map makers like tower defense games, surviving hordes, etc.
[/spoiler]

Interface > Show text/hint 'A' for team 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Would open up many opportunities for map makers like role-playing games, among us maps, etc.
[/spoiler]

Light > Move light 'A' to Region 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:It would be cool to see moving lights where you can follow the light in saw maps or you die, this would just be a good addition.
[/spoiler]

Barrel > Clone Barrel 'A' in region ‘B’

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:I have a feeling level designers don't like putting the same exact barrel in different places, and would like to just have a region where they would like it.
[/spoiler]

Barrel > Change Barrel 'A' explosion color to HEX ‘B’

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Also like the explosion region trigger, would be cool to see red explosions from red barrels or something like that.
[/spoiler]

Barrel > Change Barrel 'A' hit points to value ‘B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Maybe someone would like a really strong barrel or a weaker one.
[/spoiler]

Character > Call Trigger 'A' when Character 'B' is hurt

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Can be used in a variety of situations, and when paired with its variable counterparts, it can be quite useful.
[/spoiler]

Character > Call Trigger 'A' when Character 'B' dies

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Can be used in a variety of situations, and when paired with its variable counterparts, it can be quite useful.
[/spoiler]

Character > Call Trigger 'A' when Character 'B' is revived

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Character > Call Trigger 'A' when Character 'B' revives

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Character > Set Character 'A' dying sound to 'B' from library

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Like the other character sound triggers, just to edit a voice preset, like having Noir Lime's hurt sound for a character's dying sound.
[/spoiler]

Character > Set Character 'A' on-kill sound to 'B' from library

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Like the other character sound triggers, just when a character kills another character.
[/spoiler]

Character > Set whether or not Character 'A' acts with sword AI or gun AI to terms of 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:This would be for sword only maps where invisible guns with decors attached, because AI awkwards swing their swords from a distance instead of going in for the kill. This would make the character affected treat any weapon as the selected choice, sword or gun.
[/spoiler]

Character > Set variable 'B' to 1 if Character 'A' is currently hunting and if else 0

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:This would make character's active/inactive status usable in different situations and would help bind a trigger action if an enemy spots the player, in one case.
[/spoiler]

Character > Set player-killer team to 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Would help a lot with betrayal systems in maps and add on to the player-initiator counterpart of the trigger action. Maybe if it had a variable-styled trigger too it would help.
[/spoiler]

Gun > Change Gun 'A' reticle to index 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Changes the aiming reticle design to any in the game files.
[/spoiler]

Gun > Remove object Gun 'A' from map

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Basically deletes the gun from existence when playing the map.
[/spoiler]

Gun > Set Gun 'A' projectiles' HEX color to 'B'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Basically changes the color of the bullet made by Gun 'A'.
[/spoiler]

Gun > Set Gun 'A' to be used for sword AI or gun AI

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Like the other triggers with sword and gun AI, but AI treat the gun as a sword or a normal gun.
[/spoiler]

Var > Set parameter 'B' equal to gun ID of current weapon character 'A' is holding

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:An idea came to me when I was playing a map with keycards and doors and the possibility that you can use this trigger and the gun removal trigger earlier to make a keycard open a door.
[/spoiler]

Var > Set variable 'A' to attacker slot

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:This can be used with the trigger calling when a player attacks another.
[/spoiler]

Var > Set variable 'A' to displayed name of attacker

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:This can be used with the trigger calling when a player attacks another.
[/spoiler]

Var > Set variable 'A' to team-ID of the attacker

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Var > Set variable 'A' to attacker slot

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Var > Add value of variable 'B' calls to trigger 'A'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Can be used for recursive purposes and other elaborate ways.
[/spoiler]

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to 1 if Time Warp is currently being used and if else 0

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Can be used for modification of level logic and other sorts.
[/spoiler]

Scenario > Skip intro difficulty selection

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:When a map is played, the difficulty menu always pops up first. This would disable it for the map when the map designer wants only one level of AI.
[/spoiler]

Trigger > Add 'B' calls to trigger 'A'

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Can be used for recursive purposes and other elaborate ways.
[/spoiler]

AI > Enable or disable AI engagement when dying

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Basically asks the developer if they want AI to behave like in the Easy difficulty or other difficulties when dying.
[/spoiler]

Experience > Add 'B' experience points to players for 'A' reason

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Adds more flexible abilities to the experience points mechanism for map makers.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Enable or disable casual mode status

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Can be either strict or regular.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Enable or disable base noise

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:The engine mark, but a trigger action.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Enable or disable ragdoll disappearance

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Enable or disable level trigger error reporting

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Change plasma speed to value ‘A’

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Changes the plasma speed of all guns using plasma in the map.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Change max plasma life to value ‘A’

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Changes the time a plasma projectile would keep moving until detonation.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Change rocket speed to value ‘A’

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Changes the rocket speed of all guns using rockets in the map.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Change max rocket life to value ‘A’

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Changes the time a rocket projectile would keep moving until detonation.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Change rail penetration factor to value ‘A’

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Changes the penetration a rail projectile would have if shot through a wall, movable, etc.
[/spoiler]

Gameplay > Change max rail life to value ‘A’

[spoiler]
Mean Me wrote:Changes the length a rail projectile would go to until stopping.
[/spoiler]

That is all I have for now.
Last edited by Mean Me on 25 July 2021, 06:25, edited 12 times in total.
I have nothing to say. Goodbye.
Mean Me
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby daft punk 777 » 28 November 2020, 13:34

Gravitator field Move Pushf A To Character B
Already explained what if does
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby daft punk 777 » 3 January 2021, 06:47

Trigger(?) Make all binds of trigger "A" aviable only for player "B"

(Another variant of trigger binding for some player only, but now its not triple action. How it works : first - bind any trigger to key (press or relase event), second - use this action on this trigger and it will be aviable only for some selected player. Im really not sure is it Trigger or Character action)
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby MaFa- » 25 January 2021, 06:50

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to value of character 'B' skin id
MaFa- wrote:There's no way to make a system to check what skin character is in! What if you wanted to make it so that when it's Advanced Usurpation Soldier you wanted the gun model to change to gun_arifle2?

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to value of character 'B' head model id
MaFa- wrote:Just like the previous one but for custom model changes.

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to value of character 'B' body model id

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to value of character 'B' arms model id

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to value of character 'B' legs model id

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to value of character 'B' voice preset
MaFa- wrote:Just like the previous one but for custom voice preset changes and you can check which one it was changed to.

Var > Change skin of character 'A' to value of variable 'B'
MaFa- wrote:More variable trigger actions the better it is and more reliable and less tedious and easier to make then the alternatives which might not even be possible via alternatives. We need more ways to use variables which will unlock more possibilities.

Var > Change head model of character 'A' to value of variable 'B'
MaFa- wrote:More variable trigger actions the better it is and more reliable and less tedious and easier to make then the alternatives which might not even be possible via alternatives. We need more ways to use variables which will unlock more possibilities.

Var > Change body model of character 'A' to value of variable 'B'

Var > Change arms model of character 'A' to value of variable 'B'

Var > Change legs model of character 'A' to value of variable 'B'

Var > Change voice preset of character 'A' to value of variable 'B'

Var > Change Character 'A' mobility factor to value of variable 'B'

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to mobility factor of character 'B'

Var > Change Character 'A' armor type to value of variable 'B'

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to armor type of character 'B'

Var > Change blood color of Character 'A' to HEX color of value of variable 'B'

Var > Set value of variable 'A' to blood color of HEX color of character 'B'

MaFa-
Recruit

Postby Namer720 » 21 February 2021, 19:31

I only got one. Here it's:

Gameplay>Zoom camera to value of variable 'A' (percents)
Namer720 wrote:So we will only use variables instead of tons of triggers and timers for a zoom-in or zoom-out effect.
Namer720
Recruit

Previous

Return to Level Editor