Why do you play video games? (be honest)

Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst!

Why do you play video games? (be honest)

Postby mingo1 » 12 November 2020, 02:39

I didn't really sit with this question until pretty recently in my life, but video games have served both good and bad purposes for me...

although I would really like to hear from you all.

Let me know!

:)
mingo1

Re: Why do you play video games? (be honest)

Postby Silence__Coi » 12 November 2020, 03:07

I play video games because I don't like talking or hanging out with people . Everytime I try to do something good or be good people always find a way to backfire it so I'm done wasting my time with their bs . I will just mind my own business and do my own stuff : D video games are fun I been playing my whole life. I went from Need for Speed to Counter Strike to flash games to Call Of Duty and then on to Fifa and so on . Video games are very enjoyable and exciting and they always give you a good time if some other player or the company itself doesn't ruin it. :thank:

Silence__Coi

Postby FeverKeeper » 12 November 2020, 03:26

Video Games are kinda fun and addicting (like me), But we shouldn't play games all the time,When i first noticed PB2 around 2015 i played as a guest and had fun and i retired for 4 years, until i came back as a login dude Name FeverKeeper and i started playing even more of the game and had fun until i noticed there was a pb2 discord, i waited until i got to 13 years old and thats when i joined PB2 discord (im kinda outta topic here) and i just waited for more games to come out like PB3.

FeverKeeper

Postby mokaal » 12 November 2020, 06:51

Video games were more like another option if you're lazy and don't want to hang out, even tho it's funny, in the same time it can bring you chaos, that's why I say Real Life is superior than video games,

Anyway, I play video games because I don't want the studies to pressure me, another reason because I'm so bad at social outside so I waste my time inside doing nothing except playing video games
Do you believe that corruption is permanent and everyone can have it without realization?

Mokaal, an average PB2 player since 2016
mokaal
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby broforce1 » 12 November 2020, 07:24

it's a usual reason, I play because I'm bored and I don't have anything important to do in my free time, but on the other sides, overplaying games isn't good though, playing games at the wrong time would waste up your time, instead of doing your job then, when we know it's just a game, games are made for fun, but it waste up your time tho, if you don't have anything to do and your day was boring and you just wanna forget about the time, just keep playing, but beware from not playing too much because if you played a lot you will forget about other important stuff and that is not good,,.
Spoiler: Show More
https://i.imgur.com/3X6Q24t.png
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling...so don't waste it living someone else's life...goodness brings kindness...I always ready for anything when peace is needed, I will be on the way..."-broforce1
broforce1
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Zufix » 12 November 2020, 13:07

Video games, to me, are not only a hobby but a way for me to forget all the problems and fears I have in my personal life, even if just for a few minutes. I also want to turn this hobby of mine into a job sometime, but only if I luck out. Time will tell, I guess. Either way, video games are an art form and I am not leaving this museum anytime soon. :D
Zufix
Recruit

Postby verecund gazelle » 12 November 2020, 21:57

I overplay because I have nothing important or fulfilling to do; no schedule. No job to make money to help family, no in-person school, conducive to learning stuff. Sure I have online school, but of course I would waste my time with well-crafted RPGs, FPSs, RTSs, fooling around in the ALE, or watching Discord, rather than studying complex roots or a quadratic or factoring rational equations.

If I had a job, I would almost certainly not have much time to play games, and I would likely be focused on much more important things than if Bloodletter inflicts Frenzy, or whether the Flamer is better than the Minigun, or what happens in a Minecraft "How did we get here?" TAS speedrun.

I feel I would quit, or rather lose interest, if I ever get a job.
This is what I get for rating all my maps 1 star

verecund gazelle
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby astrodex pl » 13 November 2020, 11:40

im playing video games because they are fun

and im to lazy to do something than video games
welcome to plazma burst 2 where people run with snipers and camp with assault rifles
-astrodexPL
astrodex pl
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 13 November 2020, 18:55

I'm bored.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Master Chief 0 » 4 December 2020, 19:41

i play the game to have fun, though i don't play games anymore or not much like before because i have other responsibilities, games are cool but they are really something make us ignore all of the important things we need to do if we spent a lot playing worthlessly
so what then, i think I will quit and leave this community but before I will complete my objective for sure then I will announce my retirement.
Master Chief 0

Postby black white » 25 December 2020, 05:51

Because it's fun and wholesome

black white
Recruit

Postby Yex » 25 December 2020, 10:51

Because I'm addicted to them.
Now I really want to die. Just to get out of this embarrassment.
Don't talk to me.
Yex

Postby Ayano » 25 December 2020, 14:39

waste time to play with friends
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Kyb » 25 December 2020, 18:36

Personally, it is a way to kill time whilst having fun at the same time. I play games with my friends on discord and we have fun. Honestly, if there were no videogames, I wouldn't know what to do in my free time. Sure, I have hobbies like cross-country running and football, but there is a different sort of feeling of pure joy when playing videogames.
Kyb
Recruit

Postby Eric Gurt » 25 December 2020, 20:04

Video games are... like a time skip? And if so, perhaps they better be useful, at least in few aspects. Maybe that is similar to other entertainment including something as movies, except movies usually don't take as much time.

I used to know players who seemed to like games that been too addicting or required player to spend as much as possible time with them. What they felt in the end is usually a time lost. Somehow some smart people can be vulnerable to potentially not doing what's best to them, even if they realise that.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Girl_Power » 26 December 2020, 00:44

I play video games cause it's fun and kills time. I used to play a lot of video games until I went into high school and beyond. Flash games were my favourite. I still play video games but I've moved onto more professional games. Still love PB2 though.
— Officially Retired —

Moved onto other gaming platforms — Thanks for everything, guys.

Link to my profile: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=Girl_Power

Gone for good...
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby bob228822 » 29 December 2020, 00:44

Girl_Power wrote:I play video games cause it's fun and kills time. I used to play a lot of video games until I went into high school and beyond. Flash games were my favourite. I still play video games but I've moved onto more professional games. Still love PB2 though.

I played only this flash game at the age of 7 as a guest. It was very fun. I'm 15 yo and I've moved onto other games too, but I'm still playing PB2 (Ty, Eric Gurt!)
But now... I think it's not normal, because my brother already stopped playing computer games and he is bantering me because of that :D (He's around 17 years).
And now my "playing time" on it's last legs :sorry:. The fire of pleasure I felt is nearly extinguished.
bob228822
Recruit

Postby Nyove » 29 December 2020, 07:06

Hey everyone,

At the start, I play video games to have fun. When I was 13-15, I was addicted to video games. I spent almost 10 hours everyday playing video games like (mostly League of Legends).

Growing up, I realised that I was super addicted and had to stop. I managed to quit obsessives gaming and play video games in moderation ever since.

Nowadays, I like to play casual yet productive games like Plazma Burst 2 instead of competitive games like CSGO or League of Legends. There are a lot of things Plazma Burst 2 indirectly directs me to learning.

From technical skills like
- practising my full stack web development techniques
- understanding the basics of game engines
- a little bit of penetration testing (oops)
- skill of debugging

to other skills like
- structuring information so people can digest them easily (teaching)
- being patient
- social interactions

I really enjoy my time with Plazma Burst 2. I am deeply honoured to be able to serve the Plazma Burst 2, and will continue to do so in my free time.

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need help with the launcher? Contact us on plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby phsc » 29 December 2020, 10:12

dopamine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qmkQGqpM8
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Tortoise » 29 December 2020, 14:28

I like violence.
https://youtu.be/6zdNdqyGTPE
Tortoise
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Next

Return to Around the Campfire