Falkonian ships and noir lime

An area to discuss fan art lore, Plazma Burst lore!

Falkonian ships and noir lime

Postby yizhe » 14 July 2020, 05:01

Well, lets first start with falkonian ships crashing into earth. It appears that throughout campaign, we see falkonian ships crashing into earth and never afloat high up in the sky. Is it due to CS shooting them down? Or is it the fact that the ship just wasnt design to enter the earth’s atmosphere? Furthermore, if anyone knows, whats the relationship between cs and falkonians like?

Secondly, noir lime is a mystery to me. In pb fttp, he first appeared next to a martian jeep at one end of the guard’s base. Question is, marine had never radioed or have any form of communication with noir lime prior to their rally point. How did marine know where to find noir lime?

We do know noir lime was also wounded after the fight with robot omega. I do hope someone somehow could shed light on how he got his weapon upgrade, and more importantly, who helped him heal and get out of the falkonian base?

Bonus theory: what if usurpations has no original intention of invading earth, but was coerced and threatened by a superior alien race that has a smaller but deadlier force to do so? Maybe the superior race didnt want to tap on their resources but instead enslaved the usurpation race to do the dirty work instead? Just a thought...
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: Falkonian ships and noir lime

Postby lrv » 19 July 2020, 11:24

yizhe wrote:Well, lets first start with falkonian ships crashing into earth. It appears that throughout campaign, we see falkonian ships crashing into earth and never afloat high up in the sky. Is it due to CS shooting them down? Or is it the fact that the ship just wasnt design to enter the earth’s atmosphere? Furthermore, if anyone knows, whats the relationship between cs and falkonians like?

During the events of PB2 the Falkonians are at peace with humanity. Civil Security is implied to be or be part of Earth's military. So they might be shooting them down when they don't follow the Earth airspace regulations. However all of the three destroyed Falkok ships we see crashed because of other reasons. The first one is implied to be the Marine's ship which crashed, after he ejected with the life capsule, since it was no longer piloted. The second two were involved in a chase, what probably made safe landing hard.

yizhe wrote:Secondly, noir lime is a mystery to me. In pb fttp, he first appeared next to a martian jeep at one end of the guard’s base. Question is, marine had never radioed or have any form of communication with noir lime prior to their rally point. How did marine know where to find noir lime?

They probably had a backup plan they arranged in case of a time machine malfunction. Or they could have had inbuilt tracking devices in their suits, which Noir Lime used to find the Marine.

yizhe wrote:We do know noir lime was also wounded after the fight with robot omega. I do hope someone somehow could shed light on how he got his weapon upgrade, and more importantly, who helped him heal and get out of the falkonian base?

The Falkoks likely took him prisoner and healed him. He might have somehow managed to escape and steal another ship.

yizhe wrote:Bonus theory: what if usurpations has no original intention of invading earth, but was coerced and threatened by a superior alien race that has a smaller but deadlier force to do so? Maybe the superior race didn't want to tap on their resources but instead enslaved the usurpation race to do the dirty work instead? Just a thought...

Not sure, but Usurpations have superior technology to humans, while not that good adapted in some aspects. This would suggest, that an even superior force would easily overtake Earth by itself. For example, they have fairly accurate big caliber or energy weapons, better armor, their soldiers appear to have an alien version of a flatline when killed etc.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby S U P E R » 19 July 2020, 17:53

[..........]
Last edited by S U P E R on 31 August 2020, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
S U P E R

S U P E R
Recruit

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 20 July 2020, 23:39

Well, lets first start with falkonian ships crashing into earth. It appears that throughout campaign, we see falkonian ships crashing into earth and never afloat high up in the sky. Is it due to CS shooting them down? Or is it the fact that the ship just wasnt design to enter the earth’s atmosphere? Furthermore, if anyone knows, whats the relationship between cs and falkonians like?

There are only three Falkonian ships in the PB2 campaign (as far as I know). The one that the Marine piloted, which you find in level 6 that crashed after the marine ejected from it in level 1 in a life capsule. Then there's the one that Noir Lime comes in on Level 40. If you know about the easter egg, then you'll also see a third ship with actual Falkonians this time. So we know why the Marine's ship crashed; he had ejected from it, and clearly had manual flight selected. Noir Lime was unable to land properly, either because of damage inflicted to the ship, or his inexperience piloting it. As for the Falkonians, it's likely they were too aggressive chasing Noir down and failed to pull up in time. That's what I think happened to the ships, and I don't know about any other ships in PB2's campaign.

Those were probably the only ones to come near Earth. The other ships you see, like the ones on the main menu if you wait long enough, are most likely Usurpation landing craft.

Bonus theory:
Usurpations first and foremost rely on brute force and strength in numbers. They use more infantry than any other faction in the game, and virtually no vehicles at all. They may or may not be more advanced than the humans, though they are obviously capable of interplanetary travel. They are most likely around the same level as humans in terms of technology, as they tend to borrow human weapons a lot, meaning that they do not consider them to be particularly outdated or primitive. Also, they are quite vulnerable to human weapons, meaning that both sides will take a lot of casualties. The Usurpations might have actually lost more soldiers in battle because of their insistence on Banzai style assaults. They probably invaded the Earth intentionally, as it's safe to assume that their reliance on strength in numbers, particularly infantry, is correlated with overpopulation, or at least a very large population, and they may simply be wanting to have more real estate to stuff a bunch of colonists on.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby tehswordninja » 30 July 2020, 04:07

yizhe wrote:Well, lets first start with falkonian ships crashing into earth. It appears that throughout campaign, we see falkonian ships crashing into earth and never afloat high up in the sky. Is it due to CS shooting them down? Or is it the fact that the ship just wasnt design to enter the earth’s atmosphere? Furthermore, if anyone knows, whats the relationship between cs and falkonians like?

Almost 100% positive it's because of the CS shooting them down - I'm pretty sure Eric said that at some point. As for relationship, well, the Falkoks were on good enough terms to be traded high tech weapons - I get the feeling they are on decently good terms. Then again, those relations could have changed in the last roughly 10-15 years since C9 most likely shut down. If I had to guess, relations probably became rather neutral, if not standoffish, by the time of the Usurpation invasion, especially if Falkok ships are getting shot down during the invasion. In fact, that implies a lot more.

yizhe wrote:Secondly, noir lime is a mystery to me. In pb fttp, he first appeared next to a martian jeep at one end of the guard’s base. Question is, marine had never radioed or have any form of communication with noir lime prior to their rally point. How did marine know where to find noir lime?

In PB1, I think this ended up being where the two ended up being teleported. The C9 time travel machine deliciously exquisite pizza sauce up big time, so mistakes in where it sent them physically don't seem that out of the question, seeing as they ended up not only in the future, but also on a different planet (unless there's some reason for them to be on said planet that I don't know/remember).
Later in PB2, the Marine didn't know how to find Noir Lime, at least, that seems to be the case. The one thing the two knew was the location of the Time Machine on Earth, and both manage to arrive luckily at the same time. This definitely wasn't communicated. The Marine clearly got shot down or otherwise had to eject much earlier, and therefore his Falkok ship crashed and he was quite a distance away from the Time Machine - Noir Lime comes in with an obviously more explosive method (probably not on purpose).

yizhe wrote:We do know noir lime was also wounded after the fight with robot omega. I do hope someone somehow could shed light on how he got his weapon upgrade, and more importantly, who helped him heal and get out of the falkonian base?

No idea how he got the weapon, but it would be more than reasonable if we were told he simply found it, considering the fact that the Falkoks have a lot of C9 tech, and the minigun is obviously a C9 weapon. Regarding getting out of the base, my best guess is that he ended up crawling to a Falkok ship, doing the bare minimum to take off and fly to Earth.

yizhe wrote:Bonus theory: what if usurpations has no original intention of invading earth, but was coerced and threatened by a superior alien race that has a smaller but deadlier force to do so? Maybe the superior race didnt want to tap on their resources but instead enslaved the usurpation race to do the dirty work instead? Just a thought...

That'd be spooky, but luckily has no basis behind it. It also kind of ruins the idea of the Usurpations, that being to Usurp - wouldn't you think the Usurpations would try to focus on taking said race's power?
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Return to Lore Discussion