Questions

Questions

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 4 March 2020, 11:31

1) How do I make my character ragdoll in a direction? I saw a map where the player character forces his arm to a direction and so does his body. I made something similar with a pushing trigger and a push zone but it is quite clunky

2) How do I make ''turrets''? I've seen maps where there are weapons firing without the need of a character/body wielding them.
Last edited by IforgotmypasswordHaHAA on 13 May 2020, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Level editor questions.

Postby daft punk 777 » 6 March 2020, 00:48

1) can you give me id of maps with this? maybe i know that thing?
2) its easy, just see eric gurt-turrets , and replace drone controller to other not so visible character, or guns will be invisible too
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 6 March 2020, 16:40

daft punk 777 wrote:2) its easy, just see eric gurt-turrets , and replace drone controller to other not so visible character, or guns will be invisible too

wow thanks I learned a couple of new things from that map you suggested.

I'll bump this because I've got another questions

4)Does adding too much backgrounds affect the perfomance? I've read putting too much decorations does this but I'm not sure if it applies to backgrounds.

5) Same question as above, but with regions.

6) How do I make a background be above another one without using the ''draw in front'' option?
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA

Postby daft punk 777 » 11 March 2020, 01:53

4 and 5 ) yeah its affect, but less than decors. Or that is my bad comp))
6) first place background , then just place other background on it, if not working do background what need to be above first one, copy it, and place copy on first background
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 19 March 2020, 06:34

So I want to make a system that has triggers based on the ammount of players that are in the game.For example, I made a map for 8 players, but I want to put a set of triggers that activate based on the quanity of players online on the match, be it 2, 4 or 6. Are there any triggers for that?
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA

Postby jeje52 » 19 March 2020, 09:31

IforgotmypasswordHaHAA wrote:So I want to make a system that has triggers based on the amount of players that are in the game. For example, I made a map for 8 players, but I want to put a set of triggers that activate based on the quantity of players online on the match, be it 2, 4 or 6. Are there any triggers for that?

There are no separate actions for that, but you can count the number of players alive in the match using variables.

The simplest way of doing this would be using the trigger action "Var > Set value of variable 'A' to number of alive players in region 'B'", where region 'B' is over the entire map. Then use "Var > Skip next trigger action if value of variable 'A' does not equals value 'B'" for every value and trigger you want to execute.

The only problem with this is that every player has to be alive at the same time for it to be accurate.
jeje52

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 19 March 2020, 20:46

jeje52 wrote:
The only problem with this is that every player has to be alive at the same time for it to be accurate.

If I execute the trigger only at the start where every player spawns and is alive, does that mean that I won't have such problem?

Thanks for the help I didn't know such variable trigger existed by the way.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA

Postby jeje52 » 20 March 2020, 02:00

IforgotmypasswordHaHAA wrote:
jeje52 wrote:

If I execute the trigger only at the start where every player spawns and is alive, does that mean that I won't have such problem?

Thanks for the help I didn't know such variable trigger existed by the way.

Yes, if you do it at the start and everyone is alive, it should work without any issues.
jeje52

Postby Civil Combine » 24 March 2020, 08:13

where's the ''Crossfire Sentinel'' voice preset?

Civil Combine

Postby jeje52 » 24 March 2020, 21:49

Civil Combine wrote:where's the ''Crossfire Sentinel'' voice preset?

It seems there's no option for it in the trigger action. You need to edit the trigger as text and set the action's param B to "crossfire_sentinel" to use it. It will show an error but that's just because the level editor doesn't recognize it.
jeje52

Re: Questions

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 13 May 2020, 17:09

what is the ''power'' stat on guns for exactly? I've seen this on the pb2 wiki page but don't know what it is. does it determines the ability to ragdoll enemies when hit?
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA

Postby jeje52 » 13 May 2020, 21:25

IforgotmypasswordHaHAA wrote:what is the ''power'' stat on guns for exactly? I've seen this on the pb2 wiki page but don't know what it is. does it determines the ability to ragdoll enemies when hit?

I think it changes the damage, recoil, and knockback of the gun.
jeje52

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 13 May 2020, 22:35

jeje52 wrote:
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA wrote:what is the ''power'' stat on guns for exactly? I've seen this on the pb2 wiki page but don't know what it is. does it determines the ability to ragdoll enemies when hit?

I think it changes the damage, recoil, and knockback of the gun.

I see, I'll have to test it out.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 15 May 2020, 23:54

So I've seen people actually being able to put custom skins into actors by using the ''skins'' as a weapon decoration or something. Is there a detailed guide for that anywhere?
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA

Return to Bug Reporting Archive