Is it allowed to upload these?

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Is it allowed to upload these?

Postby lemonade6 » 8 November 2019, 15:06

Is it allowed to upload those things as decorations:
swastikas (for ww2 map purposes)
jumpscare faces (for horror maps)
ricardo milos, no nsfw (for fun and easter eggs)
lemonade6
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Is it allowed to upload these?

Postby Eric Gurt » 8 November 2019, 15:41

We usually don't have certain view on what should be allowed, but generally any real-life or 4th wall breaking images are rejected unless it looks promising to give players unusual or interesting experience and to be useful in at least one map.

There much more chances of images to be approved if they were drawn by uploader other than downloaded from Internet, even if they appeal to some popular Internet jokes or settings.

Flags & symbols usually are rejected. But if these are part of faction made by artist himself or for some of old or new factions within PB universe - then it won't be rejected.

Jumpscares - pretty much will be rejected as well as anything that is too realistic-looking and outside of game style. I haven't seen attempts to create original art for these uses though.

As for last one - use of photos without peoples' consent can be a bad thing to do generally. In addition to that I feel like it is 4th wall breaking once again. We have some of easter egg decorations approved, mostly neutral and matching game's style ones though.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby lemonade6 » 8 November 2019, 15:59

Eric Gurt wrote:We usually don't have certain view on what should be allowed, but generally any real-life or 4th wall breaking images are rejected unless it looks promising to give players unusual or interesting experience and to be useful in at least one map.

There much more chances of images to be approved if they were drawn by uploader other than downloaded from Internet, even if they appeal to some popular Internet jokes or settings.

Flags & symbols usually are rejected. But if these are part of faction made by artist himself or for some of old or new factions within PB universe - then it won't be rejected.

Jumpscares - pretty much will be rejected as well as anything that is too realistic-looking and outside of game style. I haven't seen attempts to create original art for these uses though.

As for last one - use of photos without peoples' consent can be a bad thing to do generally. In addition to that I feel like it is 4th wall breaking once again. We have some of easter egg decorations approved, mostly neutral and matching game's style ones though.

Thanks for answer!
but can people still see mine decors on my map if those decors are not approved?
also i saw some memes that approved and some 4th wall breaking pictures taken from internet
lemonade6
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Eric Gurt » 8 November 2019, 16:27

Only you'll see them until they are approved.

As long as they are harmless - some of it might be approved. Pictures from Internet too if they aren't copyright protected. Again, there is no strict rules so far - it more depends on who is reviewing images at certain time.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby lemonade6 » 8 November 2019, 16:33

Eric Gurt wrote:Only you'll see them until they are approved.

As long as they are harmless - some of it might be approved. Pictures from Internet too if they aren't copyright protected. Again, there is no strict rules so far - it more depends on who is reviewing images at certain time.

okay thanks!
lemonade6
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Ternimator » 24 November 2019, 17:03

is that means that some of images where rejected just for safety?
GHMT FKYU KFYUIKGYUKYFK YUKI YI FUO TFUKDTJRY

RICKROLLISFUCKINGSHIT
Ternimator
Recruit

Return to Level Editor