1.32 New faction Lore

An area to discuss fan art lore, Plazma Burst lore!

1.32 New faction Lore

Postby yizhe » 26 October 2019, 04:19

Since the 1.32 update, there were quite a number of new factions that pop out. this topic is created to find out a bit more about the following factions and characters by their original designers.

characters:
Avre
silk
zephyr
hremes
hexagon
vulture
raven
federation soldiers
android ATM
reakhohsha operative
Android DT-148

Factions:
EOS
Phanx
crossfire
OEDA
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: 1.32 New faction Lore

Postby tehswordninja » 26 October 2019, 04:45

Some of these characters have zero lore but I will try my best. Everything else is from artists.

Avre: Joke skin for the most part
Silk: Apparently supposed to be a mercenary. Unsure its a unique character or not.
Zephyr: Unique character testing out a prototype time-warp capable battlesuit for Crossfire.
Hermes: Speed-based Correction Nine suit.
Hexagon: More survival-based Correction Nine suit, space capable.
Vulture: EOS Soldier.
Raven: Suit being tested by Civil Security.
Federation soldier: Member of a mostly unknown Federation which makes use of weapons like the AV-135.
Android ATM: likely unrelated to the other androids.
reakhohsha operative: A member of a scavenger race of aliens which tends to make use of other species' technology.
Android DT-148: same as the ATM.

Factions:
EOS/Phanx: similar factions, not much know about them
Crossfire: Fairly large faction in terms of economic might, but has a far smaller military force than the Civil Security. Makes weapons and other equipment.
OEDA: Similar to Crossfire, but more peacekeeping-based rather than having a strong place in the economy. Still makes weapons and other equipment just like Crossfire.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Incompetence » 26 October 2019, 06:06

for OEDA, I have a long pastebin that details lore on this faction (it has indirect info about other factions i made as well as references to guns and vehicles unreleased and unique characters from OEDA not yet shown atm; perhaps teaser for new stuff i'm working on) https://pastebin.com/CAQzR3yg

weapon info, vehicle info, etc also included as harmless fun additions. obviously i attempted to fit OEDA into current lore of the game in a way that makes sense. smaller group size was an explanation for OEDA being non-canon in campaign (marine just simply wasn't in an area where he'd meet OEDA). it's not necessary to make explanations for stuff being non-canon but i do it anyways for fun and to add lore depth. it's a neat challenge imo
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby ditzy » 26 October 2019, 07:28

Zephyr
tehswordninja wrote:Zephyr: Unique character testing out a prototype time-warp capable battlesuit for Crossfire.

Yep. Her suit is heavily modified from the original skeleton of the Headhunter suit. It's much bulkier than the Headhunter but it's to accommodate the new tech.
her full name is zephyr breeze

Android DT-148
DT-148 is a workhorse. Designed as a flexible platform but its main feature is the capability to carry heavy loads be it supplies, weaponry, etc.

It does not have any relation to the other androids.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby yizhe » 26 October 2019, 08:33

wow thats lots of information there! i forgot about the faction Nexxon too
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Incompetence » 26 October 2019, 23:32

yizhe wrote:wow thats lots of information there! i forgot about the faction Nexxon too

nexxon is similar to crossfire if i'm not mistaken

also want to add that OEDA isn't similar to crossfire or nexxon in terms of concept. those two are corporations and companies while OEDA is an actual military force with military infrastructure. size wise and influence wise OEDA is like NATO while CS is like UN military forces. concept wise you can think of OEDA as this game's version of the UN
Incompetence

Postby tehswordninja » 27 October 2019, 00:10

Incompetence wrote:
yizhe wrote:wow thats lots of information there! i forgot about the faction Nexxon too

nexxon is similar to crossfire if i'm not mistaken

also want to add that OEDA isn't similar to crossfire or nexxon in terms of concept. those two are corporations and companies while OEDA is an actual military force with military infrastructure. size wise and influence wise OEDA is like NATO while CS is like UN military forces. concept wise you can think of OEDA as this game's version of the UN

I think it'd be more reasonable to lower OEDA's size, especially considering potential other factions like whatever one the Federation soldier belongs to. I don't have any issues with it being a genuine military force but I think it being smaller in scale wouldn't be a bad idea either. Maybe I'm being nitpicky though. I did read through the paste bin and that did help with some of the issues I had.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Incompetence » 27 October 2019, 00:44

tehswordninja wrote:I think it'd be more reasonable to lower OEDA's size, especially considering potential other factions like whatever one the Federation soldier belongs to. I don't have any issues with it being a genuine military force but I think it being smaller in scale wouldn't be a bad idea either. Maybe I'm being nitpicky though. I did read through the paste bin and that did help with some of the issues I had.

OEDA's size compared to CS is really small. lore-wise it went from being massive to severely fragmented due to taking massive losses which crippled its size and power. its current size is way smaller than say OEDA in the past way before the events of the game. for scale, if CS was made up of a million soldiers, OEDA would be about 100,000 in comparison so about 10%. CS overshadows OEDA significantly both in global influence and in size atm. only significant advantage OEDA has over CS is how advanced their tech is; they can make up their lower numbers with effective equipment and tactics. it's also why OEDA just focuses more on internal domestic operations; they don't really have the manpower to go out and fight aliens and do peacekeeping operations at the same time. they've instead focused their resources towards handling human threats only and let CS handle aliens for them. CS gets worn down by alien attacks more and OEDA can strike CS more efficiently whenever it chooses to attack them.

tldr OEDA is large by itself but compared to larger factions like CS, OEDA is pretty small. it's like 10% of civil security's size for comparison.
Incompetence

Postby yizhe » 5 November 2019, 05:31

What is the primary function of android-atm? Plus is EOS a joint R&D? If yes, by which factions? How does the new raven battlesuit differ from the cs-lite battlesuit? Will hermes battlesuit be as fast as the android -SLC since its primary focus is on speed? Will avre have a lore since there are posters of her world tour...she seems quite popular (Wow i sound like a reporter lol)

Another thing, eric did mention that the android-slc and T models do have a independent faction. Does it mean that these android models were sold to various faction? Any idea what is the name and lore behind the android faction?
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 11 November 2019, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby tehswordninja » 5 November 2019, 17:04

Incompetence wrote:only significant advantage OEDA has over CS is how advanced their tech is; they can make up their lower numbers with effective equipment and tactics. it's also why OEDA just focuses more on internal domestic operations; they don't really have the manpower to go out and fight aliens and do peacekeeping operations at the same time. they've instead focused their resources towards handling human threats only and let CS handle aliens for them. CS gets worn down by alien attacks more and OEDA can strike CS more efficiently whenever it chooses to attack them.

tldr OEDA is large by itself but compared to larger factions like CS, OEDA is pretty small. it's like 10% of civil security's size for comparison.

I find it weird that any faction at this point, no matter how small, isn't fully committed to fighting off the Usurpations. Eric has hinted that they are a serious threat and that they've conquered plenty of species before. I think it'd be weird for OEDA to even think about attacking the CS during an alien invasion.

yizhe wrote:What is the primary function of android-atm? How does the new raven battlesuit differ from the cs-lite battlesuit? Will hermes battlesuit be as fast as the android -SLC since its primary focus is on speed?

I think specifics like these are likely to not be answered and aren't super essential either. If I had to guess for some of these, the ATM would be a heavy combat android produced by some group, used by various factions. The Raven suit would likely just feature better armor and other various functions, and the Hermes suit probably ought to have at least somewhat increased speed over regular suits.
yizhe wrote:Plus is EOS a joint R&D? If yes, by which factions?
Will avre have a lore since there are posters of her world tour...she seems quite popular

We know basically nothing about EOS or PHANX so everything is just speculation. I would prefer if EOS was some R&D group for PHANX, merging them into one faction, but idk how darkstar sees it.
I hope Avre never gets lore cause I hate that skin and I hate that it's in the game.
yizhe wrote:Another thing, eric did mention that the android-slc and T models do have a independent faction. Does it mean that these android models were sold to various faction? Any idea what is the name and lore behind the android faction?

Based on what eric said, I don't actually think these androids would be sold to different factions, but it's always possible. The ATM-105 and DT-148 models are a different story, with the DT-148 confirmed to not be connected to the SLC and T androids and the ATM to be very likely also not connected.

We'll learn about this faction in PB2.5/3 according to Eric.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Incompetence » 5 November 2019, 22:14

tehswordninja wrote:I find it weird that any faction at this point, no matter how small, isn't fully committed to fighting off the Usurpations. Eric has hinted that they are a serious threat and that they've conquered plenty of species before. I think it'd be weird for OEDA to even think about attacking the CS during an alien invasion.

it's a matter of prioritizing how resources are being spent and allocated. OEDA could join the fight against the usurpations but then there would be less resources and manpower towards their other goals. this is why they'd rather have CS do that for them, because CS already has the manpower and resources to better commit to the task. i don't imagine humanity is united towards the same single goal either as realistically there'd be groups with differing ideologies (terrorists, alien sympathizers, etc) that could pose a threat towards other humans; someone has to keep these groups in check too if they decide to attack.

OEDA doesn't attack CS during invasions; they clearly need and want the CS to fight and take the losses so OEDA doesn't have to. in this regard, CS is an expendable asset worth keeping to OEDA because it helps let OEDA do what it wants indirectly. it's only when OEDA feels CS is stepping over their limits and challenging them that they attack them, same with any other faction. if crossfire or any other faction did the same, it'd be met with hostile force as well. OEDA's main course of response is usually to act against those who are acting against OEDA, hence their neutrality with factions like crossfire and sometimes CS in certain cases. they don't care what a faction does as long as it's not something that warrants and justifies OEDA's intervention and presence
Incompetence

Postby tehswordninja » 5 November 2019, 23:42

Incompetence wrote:it's a matter of prioritizing how resources are being spent and allocated. OEDA could join the fight against the usurpations but then there would be less resources and manpower towards their other goals. this is why they'd rather have CS do that for them, because CS already has the manpower and resources to better commit to the task. i don't imagine humanity is united towards the same single goal either as realistically there'd be groups with differing ideologies (terrorists, alien sympathizers, etc) that could pose a threat towards other humans; someone has to keep these groups in check too if they decide to attack.

OEDA doesn't attack CS during invasions; they clearly need and want the CS to fight and take the losses so OEDA doesn't have to. in this regard, CS is an expendable asset worth keeping to OEDA because it helps let OEDA do what it wants indirectly. it's only when OEDA feels CS is stepping over their limits and challenging them that they attack them, same with any other faction. if crossfire or any other faction did the same, it'd be met with hostile force as well. OEDA's main course of response is usually to act against those who are acting against OEDA, hence their neutrality with factions like crossfire and sometimes CS in certain cases. they don't care what a faction does as long as it's not something that warrants and justifies OEDA's intervention and presence

It seems you want OEDA to be not only extremely morally grey but also against humanity - a far shot from a "UN" styled faction.

I think you are trivializing the Usurpation invasion as something that you can opt-in or out of, and that it isn't directly impacting everyone everywhere - it is, and even if OEDA is in a super bad position to be taking on the Usurpations, they should at least be defending against them.
Instead, you are painting them as an organization who, despite humanity being under threat as a whole - are willingly using other human lives so that OEDA doesn't have to, and even in the face of humanity's potential extinction, are more focused on their own agendas. While it makes sense for there to be a need to keep an eye on non-alien threats, OEDA doesn't seem to be going about that the best way, with them being openly aggressive to CS (through their propaganda) and ignoring the overall alien crisis simply because it is a matter of "how resources are being spent".

If you wanted OEDA to be a "bad guy" faction then I think you hit the nail on its head, otherwise, I think you need to rethink how the faction works, at least in this regard.
Halo is a good source of human factions not acting in humanity's interest during an alien invasion. The Insurgectionists are various groups of rebels and terrorists who are opposed to the UNSC/UEG, and during the war against the Covenant some of these groups continued fighting against the UNSC - a very small amount even tried to ally with the aliens. However, the majority of these groups either allied with the UNSC or at least fought against the Covenant instead of their fellow humans. Many returned to fighting the UNSC after the fall of the Covenant, however.

Likewise, I think it makes sense for a low number of factions to be supportive, or at least not hostile to, the Usurpations. I don't think it makes sense for OEDA to be that faction. I could see a "terrorist" or whatever kind of faction using stuff like the Scavenger Shotgun and the AV-135 filling this niche, however.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Incompetence » 6 November 2019, 01:33

tehswordninja wrote:It seems you want OEDA to be not only extremely morally grey but also against humanity - a far shot from a "UN" styled faction.

how is OEDA against humanity when they literally protect humanity?

tehswordninja wrote:it is, and even if OEDA is in a super bad position to be taking on the Usurpations, they should at least be defending against them.

they are. if you thought an organization focused purely on defense wasn't defending then well, idk what to tell you. i didn't mention that OEDA defends against attacks because i thought this would be obvious given the purpose of it. maybe i used the wrong words or described incorrectly.

tehswordninja wrote:Instead, you are painting them as an organization who, despite humanity being under threat as a whole - are willingly using other human lives so that OEDA doesn't have to, and even in the face of humanity's potential extinction, are more focused on their own agendas. While it makes sense for there to be a need to keep an eye on non-alien threats, OEDA doesn't seem to be going about that the best way, with them being openly aggressive to CS (through their propaganda) and ignoring the overall alien crisis simply because it is a matter of "how resources are being spent".

i'm painting OEDA as something that's realistically plausible. what military hasn't used human lives like mere expendable resources?

OEDA's agenda lines up with CS's agenda of trying to protect humanity and prevent human extinction. the only reason OEDA is not out on the frontlines is because they don't have the numbers to sustain such operations, that too multiple times or consistently. that doesn't mean that because it's not mentioned, they're not defending against alien attacks or anything, nor does it mean they don't care. they are willing to use the CS because it's a smarter choice than sending a fraction of an already diminished force to get killed. if OEDA ends up losing numbers due to fighting usurpations head on, it affects their ability to defend too because there's less numbers reinforcing and defending. humanity becomes weaker that way. it's not a case of anyone not caring for humanity or ignoring the alien crisis, it's a logistics problem that would literally put OEDA in a risky and bad position if they took on more than they can currently handle. how would you personally handle such a problem if it were up to you?

tehswordninja wrote:Halo is a good source of human factions not acting in humanity's interest during an alien invasion. The Insurgectionists are various groups of rebels and terrorists who are opposed to the UNSC/UEG, and during the war against the Covenant some of these groups continued fighting against the UNSC - a very small amount even tried to ally with the aliens. However, the majority of these groups either allied with the UNSC or at least fought against the Covenant instead of their fellow humans. Many returned to fighting the UNSC after the fall of the Covenant, however.

i used humanity from destiny as the main basis for OEDA with UNSC being second. this is because i found more parallels between destiny and PB2 which made it easier to work the faction into the lore. humanity there is severely limited in numbers and their only fighting force is so limited that they can't freely go out and wage large scale offensive operations, they have to send small fireteams in because logistically it's not wise to focus more on offense and to send larger contingents of soldiers into hostile territory. this is in the middle of multiple dangerous alien species running around that have each all shown to be major extinction-level threats to humanity. OEDA is essentially this in a nutshell; they're organized but they're by no means strong enough to be able to offensively fend off an overwhelming alien force. they're at a numbers, logistical, and technological disadvantage to usurpations. why risk lives of OEDA soldiers and ultimately wear down OEDA's ability to defend humanity when their advantage is literally only at places they've gathered up in?

tehswordninja wrote:Likewise, I think it makes sense for a low number of factions to be supportive, or at least not hostile to, the Usurpations. I don't think it makes sense for OEDA to be that faction. I could see a "terrorist" or whatever kind of faction using stuff like the Scavenger Shotgun and the AV-135 filling this niche, however.

i think you misunderstood OEDA's preferred avoidance of usurpations for supporting them which is entirely false and makes zero sense. the avoidance is only in regards to conducting offensive operations and strikes against usurpation forces. there's only one alien race OEDA is "neutral" to in its lore but it's not in game so it's not relevant. there is also a terrorist faction i made that fills said niche that OEDA opposes but again, it's not in game so no point bringing it up.
Incompetence

Postby tehswordninja » 6 November 2019, 02:13

Incompetence wrote:i think you misunderstood OEDA's preferred avoidance of usurpations for supporting them which is entirely false and makes zero sense. the avoidance is only in regards to conducting offensive operations and strikes against usurpation forces. there's only one alien race OEDA is "neutral" to in its lore but it's not in game so it's not relevant. there is also a terrorist faction i made that fills said niche that OEDA opposes but again, it's not in game so no point bringing it up.

Not intended, I was aware OEDA had no supportive ties to the Usurpations. I think overall your word usage is what gave me the impressions I had. Thanks for clearing them up, though I still think it wouldn't hurt to incorporate occasional anti-Usurpation missions into the overall functionality and lore of your faction whenever possible, or at least supportive moves, as OEDA is obviously limited in resources and manpower. IDK if you have/are planning on doing that so sorry in advance.

It wasn't obvious that they defended against Usurpation attacks or otherwise interacted with them simply because there have been various faction concepts that I have heard of for PB2 in which this doesn't really occur (COUGH COUGH KEK).

OEDA makes more sense now as a faction, though I still find it odd they're at odds with the CS. In a more peaceful time where things like politics and other such things are infinitely more relevant, I would understand, but it seems to me like OEDA should be in pretty much full cooperation with the CS (and likely all the other factions like Nexxon, Crossfire, etc). I could see an OEDA official getting ticked about a CS squad going to a place they probably shouldn't, but I'm pretty sure the impending alien invasion is a much bigger priority.

Unless a faction is showing outright hostility (such as a band of scavengers taking advantage of the chaos), I think the primary goal should be defeating the Usurpations, whether it is in the form of direct offensive attacks or supportive moves (such as sending supplies, evacing civilians, so forth). I think that pretty much wraps up my thoughts on the topic.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Incompetence » 6 November 2019, 02:36

tehswordninja wrote:I could see an OEDA official getting ticked about a CS squad going to a place they probably shouldn't, but I'm pretty sure the impending alien invasion is a much bigger priority.

yeah that's the whole intention with taking the neutrality route. the CS opposition thing is politically motivated as OEDA wants to be the main defense force for humanity again but can't due to lack of global influence, so they try to win over support through their actions. it's a petty motivation led out of spite/envy but i think it makes OEDA interesting as an entity this way. but they do fight against usurpations in their own way, just not as involved as CS. i thought of CS as the main line of defense with OEDA being the second tier of defense. both are kinda just in their own lane heading towards the same goal. as long as they don't get in each other's way, they won't get at each other's throats.
Incompetence

Postby yizhe » 6 November 2019, 13:08

After so much discussion... will eric ever place all these lores into pb2.5/3? Only correction 9 with the time machine knows....
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Lore Discussion