Custom gun models "small" issue.

Custom gun models "small" issue.

Postby Jason Eden » 16 October 2019, 13:54

So, I decided to make an OS3 map with realwar preset and real life gunmods. I'm going to add all existing PB2 guns to it and usable medkits too by the way. Later on I decided I would also like to add custom guns to it too (because why not?). But when I played around with this custom gun model feature I noticed one thing which really makes me want to change my decision regarding adding custom guns to OS3. I will probably be forced to add only original ALE weapons to the map if this issue isn't getting a fix. Because I want ALL things to make sense on my map with NO EXCEPTION, and this thing doesn't make sense to me at all, so I really hope it gets fixed:

So, when I add a pistol model it works fine:

But when I add a gun that isn't as small as a pistol, I get this:

As you can see on the image above the flash appears inside the gun and not at the end of the barrel where it is supposed to. And thus I was wondering if you Eric could add two more "invisible guns" with different lengths, so we can resize a gun decoration and attach it the the invisible gun and it would look and work perfectly.

Here are approximate sizes I think needed for this update. We already have the pistol sized invisible gun, so now we only need the ones sized as CS-RC and C-02m.

P.S. Staff please do not delete/lock/move this topic. It is important for it to stay here and stay available. Thanks.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Re: Custom gun models "small" issue.

Postby Darnit525 » 16 October 2019, 15:37

even better would be to just have a muzzle flash offset, also problematic is that it's held like a pistol regardless of what weapon it is, so that could be changed as well.
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Jason Eden » 16 October 2019, 15:47

Darnit525 wrote:also problematic is that it's held like a pistol regardless of what weapon it is, so that could be changed as well.

Oh, I didn't even notice that! This should be added to those two models too then.

Darnit525 wrote:even better would be to just have a muzzle flash offset

If that's possible, then sure. It would be even better than my idea. I had doubts if that's possible to do, but I'm not Eric to tell and so if he says it is possible then it's great.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Incompetence » 16 October 2019, 20:51

yeah the muzzle flash thing is kind of jarring. even offsetting the HC-077 to its intended position (x offset of -35.5, y offset of -12.5) ends up falling short as one can see right here http://prntscr.com/pk8x9v

also some custom gun models flip vertically too instead of horizontally only if it happens to be scaled smaller so the character will end up holding the weapon upside down when facing the left. this weapon here is at a scale of 0.85. it's normal here http://prntscr.com/pk8w6j but upside down here http://prntscr.com/pk8wcj
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Jason Eden » 16 October 2019, 21:00

Incompetence wrote:also some custom gun models flip vertically too instead of horizontally only if it happens to be scaled smaller so the character will end up holding the weapon upside down when facing the left. this weapon here is at a scale of 0.85. it's normal here http://prntscr.com/pk8w6j but upside down here http://prntscr.com/pk8wcj

Oh, crap. Another huge issue that has to be dealt with if we want to make good custom guns. Eric, can you fix it please?
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby nightmar » 16 October 2019, 21:49

Hmm what if there was a trigger to change a gun's visibility instead of an invisible gun?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Eric Gurt » 16 October 2019, 22:48

Removed muzzle flash from invisible gun. Perhaps this will work.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Jason Eden » 17 October 2019, 12:23

Eric Gurt wrote:Removed muzzle flash from invisible gun. Perhaps this will work.

The flipping issue is gone by the way, thanks. But removing muzzle flash doesn't seem to be a good idea. Now the shooting process seems "unfinished" and unrealistic without the flash and besides the bullet spawns inside the gun and it is too visible and obvious for everyone. Here, take a look:

I think the right decision would be adding muzzle flash back to the game and also adding two extra invisible guns that are differently sized. So any small, medium or huge sized gun would look good while being used.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Darnit525 » 17 October 2019, 13:32

i'd go with nightmar's suggestion plus having triggers to change offset of projectile spawn location and offset of muzzle flash, a trigger to change muzzle flash would be good as well.
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lrv » 17 October 2019, 22:22

I think the muzzle could be re-added by changing the decor into an animated gif upon shooting.
Also, why do all custom guns I use spawn offset?
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Jason Eden » 19 October 2019, 08:40

There is a new trigger but it doesn't work for me:

Also I still think that muzzle flash should be brought back to the invisible gun. Because without it the shooting process while using custom weapon model feels lame and unfinished.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby generaltahsin » 19 October 2019, 13:51

Jason Eden wrote:Also I still think that muzzle flash should be brought back to the invisible gun. Because without it the shooting process while using custom weapon model feels lame and unfinished.

No
It looks worse with the muzzle flash
You can add it a muzzle flash by changing the decor with the same decor but with a muzzle flash at the end of the gun everytime it shoots
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby daft punk 777 » 19 October 2019, 15:11

i thought a lot about dis, and i think this isnt problem - just add trigger with on/off flash of gun. (for inviz gun too)
? :D
EDIT : I hope for that trigger, cause do flash models for decors not so easy, not so easy to normaly use it, and i think players who creating guns just want nt to do this animations ... -_-
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby Incompetence » 19 October 2019, 16:33

generaltahsin wrote:
Jason Eden wrote:Also I still think that muzzle flash should be brought back to the invisible gun. Because without it the shooting process while using custom weapon model feels lame and unfinished.

No
It looks worse with the muzzle flash
You can add it a muzzle flash by changing the decor with the same decor but with a muzzle flash at the end of the gun everytime it shoots

no muzzle flash looks weird and unnatural. with it at least it can somewhat conceal the fact bullets just randomly appear in the middle of some of the weapon sprites. making 2-3 animation frames just for this same thing is pointless work

i'd rather have the option of choosing one of the current weapons' muzzle flashes, with no flash also being an option
Incompetence

Postby lrv » 19 October 2019, 23:16

I general custom guns need to be expanded to following things:
Changing gun name,
Modding gun hitbox,
changing gun shoot speed.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby daft punk 777 » 20 October 2019, 01:50

irv : i asked eric about dis.
incompetence : i think muzzle flash need to appear, and for inv gun, but with trigger on/off flash of gun. it looks better with it. and how i sayed players just will nt do animations by them self, not all can do dis, better do trigger
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby Incompetence » 20 October 2019, 02:03

daft punk 777 wrote:incompetence : i think muzzle flash need to appear, and for inv gun, but with trigger on/off flash of gun. it looks better with it. and how i sayed players just will nt do animations by them self, not all can do dis, better do trigger

yes you just repeated what I said. having the option to toggle muzzle flash visibility and the option to choose which muzzle flash to have (C-01r, CS-RC, etc for example) is the best option for everyone imo. ppl who don't want it can simply disable it and ppl who want to use a different muzzle flash can do so.
Incompetence

Postby daft punk 777 » 20 October 2019, 02:09

yes sry, i need read better ))
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby lrv » 20 October 2019, 18:27

Based on my finding gun shoot speed can be done with a trick.
I will soon open source a map explaining this.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Darnit525 » 20 October 2019, 19:04

gun-decorations still don't flip when you turn them around, is that gonna be fixed?
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Next

Return to Bug Reporting Archive