V1.32 Update FeedBack Thread

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

V1.32 Update FeedBack Thread

Postby Tempus » 1 August 2019, 03:29

Greetings, this section is regarding your feedback! Let us know what you think.

Additionally, follow this link to discuss the weapons;

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=20924&start=80#p203052

Thank you!
Tempus
Advisor

Re: V1.32 Update FeedBack Thread

Postby boom5 » 1 August 2019, 03:58

Lots of good skins are coming. I like alot of the weapons especially the Archetype. The new sounds are amazing. The way to make proper health pickups is also great. I'm currently working on a map that uses that healing system with no regeneration. I do have issue with some of the weapons ingame total not having the ability to upgrade them. Some guns will stay static no matter what level you put them on. I wasn't really a fan of that. Because some weapons are to strong with no upgrades or not strong enough with max upgrades. I also have an issue with the raider railgun damage output on headshots. Still goes with the upgrade complaint. I know it's faster, but atleast at max level it should 1 shot a guy in the head with 200 hp or below. I also have an issue with the drone controller enemy. I have no Idea why its invisible. Other maps I made with them I can't see where they are and I will constantly die because they aren't visible. It also affects my story elements as well. I don't know if there is a way to fix it to have both. I kind of know why it's invisible. Lastly the vehicle models. They look absolutely amazing. The XXF Rapier is the best model i've seen. Unfortunately it doesn't work like the other vehicles like the corvette and you have to have extreme knowledge of triggers and Vars to pull off flying like Eric Demonstrated. Hopefully that can change in 2.5. This was a pretty good update overall. I here we are on wave 4 of submissions now. How many more waves are left?
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” - Patrick Henry
boom5
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Oriental » 3 August 2019, 19:27

The updates are doing pretty good honestly, I get hyped when there's a update in PB2 since eric rarely updates the game but its a good thing that this game is reviving again ( Not really ) but lets be thankful that eric is trying his best his not just working on PB 2.5 but to make PB2 better by updating so we don't get too bored.
Oriental
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby _Zinx_ » 7 October 2019, 15:52

Still stuck in 1.31, and refreshing doesn't seem to help, what do I do?

_Zinx_
Recruit

Postby Jason Eden » 7 October 2019, 16:07

_Zinx_ wrote:Still stuck in 1.31, and refreshing doesn't seem to help, what do I do?

You do this: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&experimental=1

Also Eric said he is finishing the update on the 9th of October. So this link will be useless by that time.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby jeje52 » 11 October 2019, 21:43

Now that the update is finally live, I've played for a bit and I have one thing to say.

I'm having a lot of trouble with the new way hits are registered, I feel like the game isn't synced enough for this change. Sometimes I get killed by bullets and rockets that I clearly dodge, or just don't see at all. This also has a big impact on sword maps.

Other than that the update is cool.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Jason Eden » 11 October 2019, 22:42

Great update. It will change PB2 forever. Especially in a way how maps are being made. You did a right thing when you added custom decoration images, Eric. You did a very right thing. Good job.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 14 October 2019, 03:23

Overall a huge fan of this update and I think it is easily enough to carry us over until PB2.5 drops. I love the exp system and overall the changes to the game and level editor (as well as the addition of weapons/skin/decor). The custom decoration tool was a great idea, but I do hope we get some options (such as a way to favorite decor, and also a category system).
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Incompetence » 15 October 2019, 16:17

custom decors was the best thing about the update imo. it allows anyone who didn't get a chance to get their stuff added to have their stuff added. the fact we can make custom weapons using weapon sprites as decor attached to guns is great as well. currently at the time of me writing this post, i uploaded like 23 weapons or so lol. i'm making a demo map that basically explains what those weapons are and how they're supposed to perform.

my only problem is that certain weapon/decor sprites, when moving and rotating with a gun, flips vertically too when turning around so the character holds the weapon upside down. really makes things look weird. maybe this is just a problem with my uploaded weapon sprites in general but who knows? other than that, a solid update with enough content to pretty much guarantee longevity. allowing custom content is really going to extend the lifetime of this game.
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby mrblake213 » 16 October 2019, 12:15

Incompetence wrote:my only problem is that certain weapon/decor sprites, when moving and rotating with a gun, flips vertically too when turning around so the character holds the weapon upside down

I think ditzy or darkstar solved that problem. It's happening when you're scaling it.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Incompetence » 16 October 2019, 20:53

mrblake213 wrote:
Incompetence wrote:my only problem is that certain weapon/decor sprites, when moving and rotating with a gun, flips vertically too when turning around so the character holds the weapon upside down

I think ditzy or darkstar solved that problem. It's happening when you're scaling it.

yeah i discovered that too minutes after troubleshooting the issue. a horizontal only flip option would be helpful to have.
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Eric Gurt » 16 October 2019, 22:40

Updated, now that position & rotation trigger action does not influences scale, but only scale sign (+ or -). Meaning, scale should be done before applying it. More at eric gurt-fanart2019
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Return to Website / PB2 Game