Why are "Base" maps so popular?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Why are "Base" maps so popular?

Postby black onyx » 17 June 2019, 22:10

Could someone explain me what is the fun in those maps?
i mean, there is one "god", he controls the base and there is no way to kill him, so, if you are against him, you are killed most times or even kicked for defeating him using doors or such.
this discussion isn't a "rage-quit" report, but as example, i did just get kicked from a base map (a zeppelin version) because i did invade their zeppelin and almost killed some of his crew lol, so if i can't invade, what is its purpose... it had guns scattered around the map, so why can't i invade the base without him even warning that i couldn't???
*No it wasn't a clan/group meeting.*

if it is unbeatable for most cases, and usually the "gods" are corrupt, why are they so famous?!?!
The first and only.
black onyx
Recruit

Re: Why are "Base" maps so popular?

Postby amitoomtam » 18 June 2019, 19:53

While I personally don't understand why it's so popular now when most of the people are relatively young, somewhat unintelligent and toxic.
I can tell you that back when this game wasn't... dead. People used to just mess around in base maps, either hang out or just do some silly stuff together.
I personally - never understood why it was popular to begin with. However, since one of the first maps I played in multiplayer was Brother Green's castle (if anyone remembers it, that's some OG stuff there.) which was essentially a base map. I'm sort of attached to it, though there's not much point in booting up a match for it.

I guess this answer isn't really useful, sorry mate. I tried.
amitoomtam
Recruit

Postby black onyx » 20 June 2019, 00:09

amitoomtam wrote:While I personally don't understand why it's so popular now when most of the people are relatively young, somewhat unintelligent and toxic.
I can tell you that back when this game wasn't... dead. People used to just mess around in base maps, either hang out or just do some silly stuff together.
I personally - never understood why it was popular to begin with. However, since one of the first maps I played in multiplayer was Brother Green's castle (if anyone remembers it, that's some OG stuff there.) which was essentially a base map. I'm sort of attached to it, though there's not much point in booting up a match for it.

well, atleast now i know they weren't toxic back then...
thanks! :D
The first and only.
black onyx
Recruit

Postby amitoomtam » 20 June 2019, 05:42

black onyx wrote:
amitoomtam wrote:While I personally don't understand why it's so popular now when most of the people are relatively young, somewhat unintelligent and toxic.

well, atleast now i know they weren't toxic back then...
thanks! :D

Woops, it appears I glossed over that part.
They were definitely toxic, my bad.
amitoomtam
Recruit

Postby Fellow » 20 June 2019, 15:09

paul308-base, xnx-base, escl-base
No pain, no gain! Always aim for the purpose!

Fellow
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby 49er » 27 June 2019, 23:46

Amusingly, you were living out the true purpose of the base map, and the dream for which I created the Zeppelin map you are (probably) referring to. A good base map has a vulnerable security system; with a knowledge of the map and a good tact for the game, a player or a group of players should be able to maintain control, but failing that, their control over the map should be subject to frequent challenges.

There was an old map called errr_arrr-swampbase that was popular because it was exploitable. The player or clan that started the match on this map always had the upper hand; not so decisively as to render the base invulnerable to a coordinated attack, but sufficient so that possession could always be re-established.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby black onyx » 28 June 2019, 20:56

49er wrote:Amusingly, you were living out the true purpose of the base map, and the dream for which I created the Zeppelin map you are (probably) referring to. A good base map has a vulnerable security system; with a knowledge of the map and a good tact for the game, a player or a group of players should be able to maintain control, but failing that, their control over the map should be subject to frequent challenges.

There was an old map called errr_arrr-swampbase that was popular because it was exploitable. The player or clan that started the match on this map always had the upper hand; not so decisively as to render the base invulnerable to a coordinated attack, but sufficient so that possession could always be re-established.

Well, it is sad that toxic people can ruin anything...
Thanks for the reply tho! :D
(btw yes, it was about your map that i was talking about, good map)
The first and only.
black onyx
Recruit

Postby ECC9 » 2 July 2019, 21:23

they are popular 'cause much nword plays it : D
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby CakeSpider » 3 July 2019, 12:41

I think because people love the inequality.
CakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCake
CakeSpider
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Build » 3 July 2019, 17:20

Fellow wrote:paul308-base, xnx-base, escl-base

"escl-base" Yeah escl base sure is popular.
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby ST-117985 » 14 August 2019, 11:22

Maybe the Roleplay or maybe Rare Clan Recruitment i guess
Eh, meh. Alright lets go.
ST-117985
Recruit

Return to General Discussion