Call Trigger 'A' Each Time a Player Leaves the Match

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Call Trigger 'A' Each Time a Player Leaves the Match

Postby Fan Fan1 » 19 February 2019, 23:31

This trigger action is meant to compliment the action "Call Trigger 'A' Each Time a New Player Joins the Match"

Why do we need this?
1. In maps with guns that are meant for a specific player... The player that leaves will leave their mess of guns on that spot, allowing other players to pick it up.

This can be solved with this new trigger action by moving all the guns somewhere else.

2. In maps where a player can lock themselves in a room... If they decide to leave without unlocking that room, then the room is permanently locked for the rest of the connected players, unless they reconnect.

This can be solved with this new trigger action by comparing the player slots of when they locked this room and when they leave the map. If they match, then the room will be forced to unlock.

3. In maps where a specific player must release other players... If that specific player leaves, then the connected players will be trapped.

This can be solved with this new trigger action, by randomly selecting another player to take on the role temporarily.

In conclusion, my proposed trigger action, "Call Trigger 'A' Each Time a Player Leaves the Match" seems to be a good trigger action to add for the next update. Another alternative is to have an engine mark that forces all leaving players to execute their trigger on death. What do you guys think? (No one is going to comment on my post...)

---EDIT---
Apparently I found out this can be solved with a trigger system thanks to the fact that a non-connected player always has 0 HP. Here is how to do it:

1. For each player, have a trigger on death that scans their HP to a variable.
2. The next trigger action should continue executing the trigger if HP is less than 0.01
3. Next make a timer that calls the player's trigger on death every second (Ideally you want it to be every frame)
4. Profit (Not sure if I used this word correctly)

This means that every time that person leaves the game, their trigger on death will activate.
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Call Trigger 'A' Each Time a Player Leaves the Match

Postby Oriental » 10 March 2019, 20:51

So.. what's the point of this topic since you already answered it yourself?.
Oriental
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Fan Fan1 » 18 March 2019, 00:10

Oriental wrote:So.. what's the point of this topic since you already answered it yourself?.

Yeah, I thought that too at first, but then I realised I could explain how I solved my problem just in case if someone has the same problem as me. So I guess this is now a tutorial after I made that edit... but then you could say that conflicts where this topic should be. Do you think I should've made a separate post in tutorials?
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Jason Eden » 18 March 2019, 08:22

Fan Fan1 wrote:Yeah, I thought that too at first, but then I realised I could explain how I solved my problem just in case if someone has the same problem as me. So I guess this is now a tutorial after I made that edit... but then you could say that conflicts where this topic should be. Do you think I should've made a separate post in tutorials?

Yeah, can you make a tutorial about this? I have a friend who ran into similar problem, and well, I'm as well interested in learning how to solve it the best way possible (without continuously called timers if possible).
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Return to Level Editor