Variability In Bullet Damages Aka Tanking.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Should bullet damages at same velocity and body area be constant or random/varied.

Constant
50%
Varied/Random
50%

Total votes : 8

Re: Variability In Bullet Damages Aka Tanking.

Postby phsc » 12 February 2019, 16:37

Jason Eden wrote:There is an "EDIT" button if you didn't know.

Not a valid argument and I think it is indeed stupid to use the edit feature because it shows that a comment was made in another time implying the person rethinked a little bit about the topic giving that person a little bit more of small credit and also showing that the person actually cares a little bit, not sure if positive or negative tho
But I don't make PB2's rules
First of all, in 2D it's hard to tell whenever the bullet hits you directly in the head or just scratches your cheek. Secondly, don't forget that PB2 takes place in future and characters use high tech armor with regeneration module. And lastly, in real life people sometimes survive headshots.

It is not, the bullet dissapears when it hits the helmet, so it is not a lateral shot, of course it could penetrate then do damage and get stuck there but considering almost all pb2 helmet designs as they look like, it would probably ricochet or something, of course there are energy weapons and other things.
And there is another problems, what about no helmet proxy? she can take a shotgun blast to the head is just ok afterwards AS is let's say a deliciously exquisite pizza sauce robot that is made out of metal!
Please stop arguing over realism, PB2 is not realistic at all.
Google it.

What a sad thing to do, a great source of information indeed, but if you had to google what you just said I think it's sad
And, Resurrectionn, please use your brain before you decide to speak!

Yes because you are the smartest of all users, with your near-perfect logic, doing things such as ignoring my comments, thinking PB2 should be realistic because YOU THINK IT SHOULD not realizing you don't own the game.
Ressurrection wrote:This is the last time I will entertain your idiocy.

Actually don't, it is funny to look at both of your arguing over a bunch of wrong concepts, but in my opinion you are way better than him as at least you don't ignore me.
You may not realise it but when you play with blood(the games default) every head shot makes the enemies head spurt out of blood which first shoes it not a "scratched" and secondly shows that it penetrate the armour to the skull.

No it doesn't show it penetrate to the skull I mentioned before and in theory what I mentioned before is kinda killed considering the amount of blood that comes off which means it is a straight shot, but even then, the exact part of your head that gets shot really defines the damage, there are cases of people surviving shotgun bullets to the head,
NSFW alert: http://prntscr.com/mk4ceb that would make a good amount of blood come out, and he did survive!
And finally when someone survives a head shot irl. They do not just stand there all swell, they are on the ground doing just about nothing for a while.

Yeah, in lostmydolalrs argument case if it is like a sheek or a ear shot they are pretty fine tho, in that shotgun real life example I showed... ouch
It seems like you didnt take my advice about using the head huh?

His definition of using the head is googling so I guess he did.
Jason Eden wrote:More like your idiocy entertains me. Keep going, you're good at doing it. And you didn't learn to use the edit button yet? Too bad. Also please keep your advices for people of your level.

Could you please explain to me what other than a really, really bad ad hominem, do you try to achieve with this? it is really easy to use the edit button and he does not need to, in practice he is actually smarter because some staff member is just going to go here and merge the posts.
1) Current game engine is not supposed to allow different types and levels of damage to the same body part, hence why the spurt of blood appears each time you get damage, no matter how great it is. Same thing happens when you fall down from the height, blood splatters are everywhere but the helmet and armor aren't damaged at all, which means it's all just a matter of poor game engine possibilities. Besides, blood should flow after you landed and deformed the helmet. Very slowly, through the helmet holes.

Now we go full metaphysical I guess, lostmydollar, did you ever take a look at how a game is made? do you think a 2011 flash game would be able to do that? PB2.5 is almost for sure not having features such as these, maybe bullet holes, and then there is a problem like imagine a juggernaut map the dude is going to be ridiculously destroyed but still alive, as regeneration is also a big deal, and the amount of blood is based on how many parts are hit, with each one giving off the same amount of blood so I guess you have the facts right, not like it counters anything.
2) You can stand a headshot if it hits the lower front part of your head at certain angle. Also don't forget about regeneration module that can give you a full health bar in a matter of seconds. It may also have techincal ability to make the owner regain consciousness.

True, and there is a really minimal chance it can even ricochet off your skull sometimes in specific angles, but the regeneration module doesn't activate in the period someone gets up after getting a CS-DAZ blast to the head, and yes, IT MIGHT, MAY, etc.
3) Those unrealistic spurts of blood present in many games, mainly because kids like you love blood, but in real life, if you didn't know, it works differently.

Not only kids, and clearly he knows, and the fact it is present in many games doesn't mean shit, there are realistic games in which that does not happen and then we have like hotline miami and similar games.

but here is the thing.
WHY THE deliciously exquisite pizza sauce ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS deliciously exquisite pizza sauce ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT, AND RESSURRECTION ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THE GAME HAS CONSTANT DAMAGE ALREADY AND IT IS PURELY FOR BALANCE REASONS

JUST TO BE SURE I DECOMPILED PB2S SWF TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE DAMAGE FOR GUNS

This is for the c01
Code: Select all
package
{
   import flash.accessibility.*;
   import flash.display.MovieClip;

public dynamic class gun_rifle extends MovieClip
   {

public function gun_rifle()
      {
         super();
         addFrameScript(0,this.frame1,4,this.frame5);
      }

public function onmade() : void
      {
         this.wep = 2;
         this.zpos = 3;
         this.ready = true;
         this.attachment = 1;
         this.xpos1 = 0.6;
         this.xpos2 = 1;
         this.stat_power = 0.7;
         this.stat_count = 1;
         this.stat_averange = 0.05;
         this.stat_averange_min = 0;
         this.stat_averange_max = 0.4;
         this.stat_averange_add = 0.15;
         this.stat_averange_substract = 0.03;
         this.stat_bullets = 1;
         this.stat_class = 0;
         this.sou = MovieClip(root).s_wea_rifle;
         this.stat_cursor = 0;
         this.cost = 1300;
         this.costupg = 200;
         if(!MovieClip(root).MP_mode)
         {
            if(this.upg == 0)
            {
               this.stat_averange = this.stat_averange * 1.5;
               this.stat_power = this.stat_power * 0.7;
            }
            if(this.upg == 1)
            {
               this.stat_averange = this.stat_averange * 1.25;
               this.stat_power = this.stat_power * 0.8;
               this.stat_averange_add = this.stat_averange_add * 0.9;
            }
            if(this.upg == 2)
            {
               this.stat_averange = this.stat_averange * 1;
               this.stat_power = this.stat_power * 0.9;
               this.stat_averange_add = this.stat_averange_add * 0.8;
            }
            if(this.upg == 3)
            {
               this.stat_power = this.stat_power * 1;
               this.stat_averange_add = this.stat_averange_add * 0.7;
            }
         }
         this.len1 = 0;
         this.len2 = 25;
         this.size1 = 7;
         this.size2 = 6;
         this.forcars = false;
         MovieClip(root).create_gun(this);
         this.gotoAndStop(2);
      }

function frame1() : *
      {
      }

function frame5() : *
      {
         this.ready = true;
         this.gotoAndStop(2);
      }
   }
}

There is nothing that talks about gun variation on gun fire, which means if there is damage variation is related to how characters receive the damage, so it has to be a change for damage that is constant in all guns.

I will explain what a few things change tho.
Also these stat_averange things are gun accuracy, not damage average or something, and the multiple ifs in the end are about weapon upgrade level.

I will look on how damage is calculated player wise and maybe if I find something that indicates natural variation I will mention it but it is very unlikely to be a thing.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Variability In Bullet Damages Aka Tanking.

Postby tehswordninja » 14 February 2019, 01:34

Merged your posts, phsc. Use the edit button next time.

Please don't double post again, or you'll receive a warning.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Previous

Return to General Discussion