Plazma Burst 2 Animation - Uzo vs Ayano

Share your Fan Videos here!

Plazma Burst 2 Animation - Uzo vs Ayano

Postby eru_ » 3 September 2018, 09:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNShGJJ6lSo
First of all i know that my animation before where slow and have bad fps but today i'm pointed at quality not quantity
Also i choose uzo and ayano randomly and i didn't meant to offend anyone
Kaustadin 8 has blamed me last time to put effort and i actually took all the day making the animation (for this one)
Well..if you don't like it you can explain what it needs
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Plazma Burst 2 Animation - Uzo vs Ayano

Postby Ayano » 3 September 2018, 13:33

Not sure what was quality there.
Its either I just kinda have high expectations or the quality was just rather low.
I swear I could not even read the dialouge nor had an idea on what was happening.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Hikarikaze » 3 September 2018, 16:41

Ah yes, good old Star Wars SFX mixed with ultra fast dialogue going faster than a bullet train, just like in the game where melee attacks consist of bending elbows backwards in order to punch in the face

True quality
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 3 September 2018, 17:04

how long did you take to make this? it is indeed amazing
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby eru_ » 3 September 2018, 17:13

phsc wrote:how long did you take to make this? it is indeed amazing

Around 3 or 4 ~ hours using powerpoint 2007 but this one is pretty hard & complex
btw phsc what is your yt account ?
eru_

Postby phsc » 3 September 2018, 17:24

eru_ wrote:
phsc wrote:how long did you take to make this? it is indeed amazing

Around 3 or 4 ~ hours using powerpoint 2007 but this one is pretty hard & complex
btw phsc what is your yt account ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHJcrY ... 5Vg/videos
i post random stuff but then after like 4 months i realize theyre trash and private them
like this kind of amazing animations made by the 12 year old me with flash cs3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcj7aEyVeHE
to pogchamp dota 2 plays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CClW0R4nhE8
to the music ive been making or improvising which are public

but the big question is, why do u want to know my yt acc?
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby eru_ » 3 September 2018, 17:37

Hikarikaze wrote:Ah yes, good old Star Wars SFX mixed with ultra fast dialogue going faster than a bullet train, just like in the game where melee attacks consist of bending elbows backwards in order to punch in the face

True quality

My animation might be bad but compared with old one ? , do you notice any improvement ?
eru_

Postby Hikarikaze » 3 September 2018, 23:46

eru_ wrote:My animation might be bad but compared with old one ? , do you notice any improvement ?

No, not really. As someone with countless hundreds of hours in animation, this was painful but funny to watch

The first 2 seconds only comprise of 3 frames so the movement already isn't smooth from the get go, and the walk cycle itself is split between two frames rather than numerous so it looks choppy. The dialogue needs to be slowed down a lot. Each line of dialogue should be up for around 1-2 seconds (for short and quick sentences) and 3-4 for longer sentences. A good way to know how long a piece of dialogue should be up on screen for is to read the line normally and naturally and time how long it takes, then make any adjustments when necessary. The time gap between the current dialogue and the next isn't something I can suggest because it depends on the character interaction

At 12 seconds in, the red character somehow impossibly bends her elbow backwards and does a perfect full rotation of the arm without trouble. If you want to do a punch straight to the face, look at how normal people throw punches and try to recreate that. When the punch connects, the blue character bleeds, indicating some sort of serious injury, yet the visor in the helmet doesn't reflect the amount of force put into the punch towards the helmet. It's still intact and thus unnatural

Same thing happens at 29 seconds, but this time it really doesn't make sense to have an intact visor after having it get shot directly at point blank from a pistol. The final lunge or whatever had the end had zero movement whatsoever to even show an attack was done so how the red character got slashed by a sword is beyond me
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Fan Videos