[Removal Request] X Death-RealWar

Re: [Removal Request] X Death-RealWar

Postby Incompetence » 4 June 2018, 23:43

lostmydollar wrote:
Incompetence wrote:because popularity alone is such a solid argument

people like you cant see past the end of the nose

sure, just breeze over the fact i said that this map can be still fun and popular without the problems that make it popular in the first place. this is what people call a "compromise." the fact you or other proponents of this map care about this map's popularity more than its functionality shows where your priorities lie for approved maps. numbers are not everything. if you want to play that card then focus on why those numbers are even there in the first place. stop treating this as some popularity contest because it isn't. i bet if realwar was less known, you would be eager to demand changes to this map or have it removed in a second instead

lostmydollar wrote:I can close my eyes on map flaws if community really likes it.

community liking problems whose exploitation work entirely in their benefit is the literal reason we're having this topic. just because a lot of people like this map doesn't mean it's good or flawless. in fact it's contradictory as to why this map is even popular in the first place. again, this ad populum nonsense isn't an argument.

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Eric said hes getting sick and tired of updating this map. he passively agreed that the map would slow down the death of PB2 via PM. new players sees the easiest map, they love it, and play it. I still see veterans play the map only if you see carefully.

players love maps like realwar mainly because it's simply easy and cheap. this is why meta tactics in any game exist. i guarantee you that if there was another map with the same amount of attention given that offered the same exact problems that people would flock towards that map in a heartbeat if realwar's problems get fixed. it's natural for people to take the easiest route for anything

the community's afraid of losing their easy one way ticket to high kill counts and ranks. that's why touching realwar is a risky move in the first place. do you really want to cater to those lazy people just because those happen to be the majority and leave the map as is? if this map is going to remain approved, there should be a higher skill ceiling that's consistent with other approved maps and fixing the inherent flaws is the best way to do that. a compromise is not hard to establish if people cast aside the map's popularity in the discussion for once

lostmydollar wrote:"just because one map gets unapproved" yea you will say the same shit next time someone decides to disapprove a map

yeah and as soon as another highly popular map comes under fire once more, you'll argue this popularity notion again and again because this game relies solely on popular maps to survive and nothing else to you and other supporters of this position, it seems. then nothing will get done because "omg pb2 will die or the population will skydive to the ground if xyz gets changed" and the community remains ever divisive due to a flawed popular argument that has no weight

this "game will die due to one map being unapproved" argument lacks weight unless there's a precedent that shows this exact effect happening. hell, even the opposite could happen theoretically. lack of a map dominating the servers could make the game less static and allow more obscure maps to gain recognition in the servers because extremely dominant maps wouldn't be in the way. more options can naturally surface if granted the chance. of course that won't likely happen in this last stage of the game unless pb2 gets the destiny 1 treatment via pb2.5 sooner
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby mrblake213 » 5 June 2018, 04:18

I think since there has been new updates, old approved maps also needs to change and cope with the current requirements of map approval.

I mean, since there is an account which is shared by the PB2 staff whose main purpose is to re-make old approved maps that are still good. I personally think that the map should be remade to remove the flaws and so that it can be approved in today's current updates.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby thetoppestkek » 5 June 2018, 12:10

lostmydollar wrote:
thetoppestkek wrote:Oh, how powerful of an argument popularity is. Snap into reality. The map's only popular because it's exploitable and easy to farm. It's also definitely plausible to believe a game will completely die just because one map gets unapproved. (See above.)

I can close my eyes on map flaws if community really likes it. You're free to tell everyone that this map is shitty. Hell even i think its shitty. We should let everybody know that this map is shitty. Change their opinion about this map. That'd be great. But snapping community with map bans strategy wont serve you or anyone any good. Its not how it works with community/society moderation

"just because one map gets unapproved" yea you will say the same shit next time someone decides to disapprove a map. Step by step you will approach the end and people who actually liked this game will thank you real good for your words you've said here today

You clearly didn't read my entire post, or at least the very bottom of it. But here it is just in case:

thetoppestkek wrote:But - in general, despite all of its flaws, it should not go away. I'd rather like to see some modifications or tweaks made to it rather than it being completely unapproved. Maybe that would fix its flaws instead of half-assing it by adding a 3-round burst gun which is still relatively spammable. The entrenching-based camping-rewarding gameplay is just plain awful. I'd love to see it converted to a map where campers are easily punished - and people can just rush in the field without collapsing to the ground by a spray of 500 bullets.

I'm completely fine with it being still around if all of its flaws were fixed. I'm not proposing for it to be completely thrown out of the window and unapproved - I'm just saying that it hasn't had the update it needed. Half-assing by just adding the OICW didn't even do anything - the map will have to go through a rework if we want to have a balanced, non-sprayfest, non-campfest map. Again, read the quoted post for my thoughts on how this map could be improved to remain a staple of approved gameplay.

There's also one minor, yet major thing you're forgetting: even if this map is unapproved, it doesn't mean it's the end of the world. It can still be played on custom gamemodes - and if it is as popular as you support - people will just go ahead and play it on custom gamemodes.
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 5 June 2018, 15:20

I asked specifically for you to be objective. Instead I received no objective feedback on what is wrong with the map. Many people moan and whine demanding "fixes" without mentioning any.

You seem to think there's a limit to approved maps and we MUST free up realwar's slot for another map - this is not true. And you also seem to think that your opinions that spraying, camping, and trench style warfare are inherently bad are fact, just because you dislike that gameplay doesn't mean may others don't like it too. I asked for objective facts and not opinions.

Map seems fair to both sides, does not have major glitches anyone has brought up, and is immensely popular still. I see zero reason to remove it at this time, and very few if any modifications seem necessary to make.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 5 June 2018, 15:44

Let's just leave it like this. This is just the top easiest map for a new player to play. Or for others to chillax and roleplay. All team advance or defend or stalemate. Tryhards don't ruin anything for anyone else. simplicity is the thing that always get the most likings.

compare apple and android. Apple is simplistic, more go to them. Android is WAY TOO fking complicated, so less for them.

I just wish the HP was 75hp and PSI swords to be taken out in coop since its useless when you are protected on one side and no plaforms. and theres a glitch when you are at the end of the river and kill campers in towers easily.

-------------------------------------------------

P.S Laggers do not complain ever in this map so its the best map for them. Noobs and laggers have perfect gameplay in this map to play since its 15% competitive,

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby wreak » 5 June 2018, 17:17

DoomWrath wrote:I asked specifically for you to be objective. Instead I received no objective feedback on what is wrong with the map. Many people moan and whine demanding "fixes" without mentioning any.

You seem to think there's a limit to approved maps and we MUST free up realwar's slot for another map - this is not true. And you also seem to think that your opinions that spraying, camping, and trench style warfare are inherently bad are fact, just because you dislike that gameplay doesn't mean may others don't like it too. I asked for objective facts and not opinions.

Map seems fair to both sides, does not have major glitches anyone has brought up, and is immensely popular still. I see zero reason to remove it at this time, and very few if any modifications seem necessary to make.

Probably because dying by crossfire is hugely inevitable in this map especially in DM. In fact, it's impossible really play that well in DM when you have 7 other people around the map with no alternative route. Were not asking to remove it, and for the 5th time someone has said this, we are asking that we should add a alternative route or cut down on the how easy it is to spray kill people in the map. Some suggested to disapprove it but that's not a good answer either...

And the idea that inability to find weapons due to crossfire (which does happen in a fair amount of maps) is only partially true. There is many maps were that case is rarely true since there is multiple complex route with guns scattered across the map.

You're last point saying that a map is popular so we should keep it approved shows how insignificant requirements
really are. So you're saying xfrostbytex-matrixsniper should be approved since its in the "spirit of pb2" and it is popular with no major bugs/fair on both sides?
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby gani » 5 June 2018, 17:26

this is very worst approved map today exist

2000-2018
gani
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Incompetence » 5 June 2018, 19:56

DoomWrath wrote:I asked specifically for you to be objective. Instead I received no objective feedback on what is wrong with the map.

maybe read the topic again? you also literally repeated the objective issues in the map. crossfiring is an issue that this map reinforces and allows for exploitation due to its open design. have you received objective feedback on what's so good about the map from those 2300+ matches whose opinions you deem more correct because they have more people yet?

DoomWrath wrote:Many people moan and whine demanding "fixes" without mentioning any.

many people moan and whine, asserting that this map is popular and think it's fine to dismiss any claim or point because of it. you think anyone feels like mentioning fixes when the only answer is "nah messing with this map will kill the game"? there's a few suggestions in this topic that not everyone is agreeing upon if that wasn't obvious enough. popularity and fear of this game's sudden death are two big and flawed reasons a compromise or suggestion hasn't come through yet. some fixes are also completely obvious; crossfiring for example can be fixed simply by breaking sightlines and adding more cover along said sightlines. adding a tunnel or extra lane provides a new route that isn't so open and so forth. thinking isn't that hard. this isn't rocket science that even common sense solutions have to be elaborated in detail

where are your suggestions/fixes for this map by the way? considering you have a post outlining the issues you identified, you can at least contribute towards mitigating those issues rather than expecting everyone else to do the work for you before complaining that no one is doing that. if no one else, at least you or some other staff member take the helm and offer something if you want to invest in this topic.

DoomWrath wrote:Map seems fair to both sides

that's an opinion. how are you going to complain that you're getting opinions while you yourself are pushing opinions?

DoomWrath wrote:just because you dislike that gameplay doesn't mean may others don't like it too

the opposite is equally true if you want to go this route. just because you like that gameplay doesn't mean many others like it too.

DoomWrath wrote:does not have major glitches anyone has brought up

because there are no major glitches that are a significant problem. again, reading through the topic clearly highlights the actual concern people have. the main issue is that this map's design greatly encourages crossfiring and exploiting of the game's "infinite firing" mechanic to farm easy kills off of people. if the map was more closed or had disrupted sightlines, this wouldn't be an issue. the design was clearly meant to take advantage of the game's weapon mechanics fully which needs to be kept in check.

DoomWrath wrote:is immensely popular still

give this popularity thing a rest already. there's a reason this map is popular in the first place and it's not because the map "seems fair". in fact it's clearly the opposite as a majority of this topic is suggesting. hypothetically spawning in the midst of a crossmap battle and dying as soon as you spawn hardly seems fair. the map being an easy ticket for people to farm kills without effort while other maps design-wise naturally demand more skill for players to do the same thing also doesn't seem fair. it devalues the point and existence of those other maps because everyone can just go to realwar. if all of the other maps require more of a time and skill investment to get to the same place then realwar shouldn't exist as a shortcut. it's a double standard

just because the map is popular doesn't make popularity the ultimate shutdown argument to lazily rely on. in fact i can argue that popular maps like this are the reason other maps aren't popular, which is more harmful for a game that has a lot to offer than just one small piece of the game being kept in check. fixing realwar's flaws keeps things consistent and provides more room for other maps to exist as alternatives as they should in the first place. keeping realwar as is defeats the entire point of multiple approved maps if one map is clearly more "superior" than the rest. if people cannot handle change, then they don't belong here. games grow naturally and metas do and have to change at some point, with or without them. they can sit out if they have a problem with that or they can remake realwar to fit their own gameplay desires if they really love the map that much

DoomWrath wrote:I see zero reason to remove it at this time, and very few if any modifications seem necessary to make.

that conclusion is entirely based off an opinion you made. you know, something you were complaining about because everyone else apparently was making one.

wreak wrote:You're last point saying that a map is popular so we should keep it approved shows how insignificant requirements really are.

popularity itself is a really weak argument. people asserting that position as a counterpoint refuse to accept it because numbers > facts apparently. anyone, including the staff, pushing that reasoning shouldn't be listened to unless their point has weight to it but idk how you can have weight to a fallacy in the first place
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby DoomWrath » 5 June 2018, 20:44

Here are your solutions to the "Realwar Problem". Pick whichever suits you best.

People who don't like the map: Don't play the map. There are many others to play.

People who want the map to be different and propose adding alternative routes, tunnels, or ways around: Play Firetiger/Tehswordninja/Nexir's versions of the map instead of X Death's.

People who like the map: Require no major changes. I've looked at the map source, and there are no problems with wall overlap, vastly uneven sides, or some kind of "base" or extra cover for one team but not the other.

where are your suggestions/fixes for this map by the way? considering you have a post outlining the issues you identified, you can at least contribute towards mitigating those issues rather than expecting everyone else to do the work for you before complaining that no one is doing that. if no one else, at least you or some other staff member take the helm and offer something if you want to invest in this topic.

Burden of solution rests on the people who tell us there's a problem. Personally, I don't mind the map and understand why people do and don't like it, but objectively it is not a bad map and so I don't think it needs to be removed or have the point or atmosphere of the map changed (open "no-man's ground" between two pieces of cover). There are over 200 alternative approved maps if you dislike x death-realwar. The only seemingly unfair part of the map is spawning into crossfire and instant spawn-killing, to which I have already discussed solutions.
DoomWrath

Postby DoomWrath » 5 June 2018, 23:16

I've had a long play session on a slightly modified version of x death-realwar in DM, TDM, and Co-Op modes. You can try it with ID "map-realwar" - I don't fully understand why people get so worked up about it being noncompetitive and cheap, it plays pretty similarly to a wide range of other approved maps. To me and others playing, it was no harder or easier to get kills, deaths, or a normal KD ratio than many other more recent approved maps - of course this can't be fully proven because people play differently.

silverteen11 wrote:
DoomWrath wrote:People who don't like the map: Don't play the map. There are many others to play.

I don't think you have understood this from any posts, which makes this whole discussion go nowhere and will make us repeat ourselves all the time.

We don't dislike real war.

We want it out of competitive play, because it doesn't have anything about it that rewards skill, which makes it a cheap route allowing users to exploit the map.

Disapproving it isn't gonna kill the game, they can still play it in custom maps.

Are "skills" not what you need to have success in Realwar? Does it not take "skills" to plan and execute a de-camp manoeuvre on somebody sitting in one of the towers and denying access to the middle ground?

When playing the map, most players were moving about and taking points, the players that sat and spammed got marginally better KD ratios until they were de-camped and replaced with the victor, who then advanced their KD ratio until they again were knocked out. OICW rifles are a big upgrade from CS-RC rifles in terms of removing crossfire spam, and now with no spawns in the central "death zone", you have many less unnecessary deaths due to spawn-killing. The trigger to add guns on spawn has been implemented for longer than thought, so I wonder how many people in this thread are talking about the map without having played it recently? I know that the matches started number hasn't gone up in the past week (2318) so everyone moaning about the map hasn't even touched it beyond gazing at the preview...
DoomWrath

Postby wreak » 6 June 2018, 02:19

Doom I was in the match you were playing, it's still easy af to get kills from the towers. But the modified version removes the chances of you dying from crossfire since you can take more covers and move around in the water.

If you do use the map-realwar to replace the current xd real war, i'll be fine with that. You atleast decided to make some change instead of ignoring the map, its mutual for me.
wreak
wreak

Postby Hikarikaze » 6 June 2018, 02:48

1.) Anyone that's more concerned about the popularity of this map rather than the fact this map has obvious flaws automatically has no place in this discussion, and I personally don't care who it is. Popularity's a worthless argument and it doesn't have a place here.

2.) For those of you claiming that unapproving this map will kill this game, go ahead and prove it. You have no precedent to even make that claim based off of. Until that happens, this argument is useless and worthless.

DoomWrath wrote:When playing the map, most players were moving about and taking points, the players that sat and spammed got marginally better KD ratios until they were de-camped and replaced with the victor, who then advanced their KD ratio until they again were knocked out.

This is completely anecdotal. You can't pass this off as valid evidence or justification. Not to mention you were using a modified map which doesn't represent the issue entirely which just skews your own conclusion. I could play the map in the most backwards way possible just to suggest a counterpoint.

I just ran through the original realwar by myself and it doesn't take a brain to see that this map has glaring issues. Even from the preview alone you can see that the map is way too open. The OICW is barely any different from the CS-RC or whatever weapon was there before so replacing the main weapon on the map with the OICW barely solves the problem. The OICW still has a decent enough fire rate to consistently lay down crossmap firing at a good rate. The spraying is less mindless to do but anyone that knows this map's layout can simply spam in and out of the bases with ease because the OICW is way more accurate so spraying is still very well an issue.

The entire center part of the map beyond the bases is entirely open. The bases themselves have cover and are more closed. Anyone on the outside lacks protection of any kind which is what encourages the spraying issue in the first place. It's an easy killing method. The sniper rifles make it easy to track enemies so all players need to do is spray in the general direction the enemy is at. Those on the outside have no method of protection except to fire back which, if it wasn't obvious enough, makes their position known and makes the campers' work easier.

Literally no cover exists. None at all. All of the cover is compacted into the bases where people spray from. It's harder to kill someone behind cover as opposed to killing someone out in the open. With a height advantage from the bases as well, headshots are easier to land (and the OICW is deadly with headshots at 130 HP). Again, this makes things way too easy. In my screenshot, I put a box besides the character to show how the cover should be like. It should at the minimum go up to a character's waist. This provides protection for those out in the open and closes the gap between those in the base and those outside. There's equal opportunity to land a kill and it's possible to counter campers this way.

DoomWrath wrote:I don't fully understand why people get so worked up about it being noncompetitive and cheap

I don't even understand why you don't see the problem. I don't even understand your argument, period, and calling that an argument really is a stretch. It's noncompetitive because not everyone has an equal footing, especially in DM and TDM, to get kills. The bases are a luxury that feeds the spraying problem. Anyone lucky enough to hold down the base only needs to worry about the open area and other players trying to take over the base. The latter is extremely easy to counter because the OICW's penetration is laughable most of the time and it's easy to catch sight of anyone entering from the bottom and quickly get headshots. The cover at the base also hinders mobility of anyone rushing forward from the front of the base because the cover is simply in the way, thus it's easy to spot someone attacking from the front because the design simply doesn't let you just walk right in from the front.

Personally the cover at the base needs to be extended down the lane instead of the center part being an open field. Cover at that level should be more prevalent and spread out. This makes spraying even more ineffective but still a possible strategy to fall back on (because weapon mechanics always allow this). Even an extra lane guarantees that people don't have to rush into the open areas in order to reach either end of the map. That alone will grant them more of a chance to successfully take down someone that's set up shop in one of the bases.

Even map-realwar in my opinion is also a hashed and lazy attempt to cover up the issues. While there are platforms to protect those underwater, water itself is already a natural defense. Projectiles slow down automatically so it's easier to avoid those projectiles. Breaking sightlines to the water isn't so much a solution. Breaking sightlines above the water is the real priority. The flow of movement is still quick above water so players that want to quickly rush from either end of the map still have to risk dying in an open area unless they go into the water which hinders their mobility somewhat. I have no idea why it's next to impossible for most people defending this map's design for whatever reason to accept that this is a problem that's encouraged to exist in greater volumes than normal. Standing here in map-realwar isn't any different than standing in the same spot in the original. You can't even tell the two apart. Anyone above water is still unlucky and has the same chances of dying. What this version did was include breathing room but at the wrong spot.

DoomWrath wrote:Here are your solutions to the "Realwar Problem". Pick whichever suits you best.

People who don't like the map: Don't play the map. There are many others to play.

This sort of logic can fit perfectly with the whole "unapproving this map means the game will die" argument which I think is just as weightless as the "popularity" argument. If the easiest map is unapproved, then people will just move to the second easiest map there is. This is how meta strategies work and it's natural for people to do this. People have already said that the map can still exist in custom maps if unapproving happens to be the final verdict. Unapproving won't wipe this map out of existence despite what people arguing this point frame it as.

So here are your solutions to the "unapproval problem." Pick whichever suits you best.

People who're afraid unapproving this map will kill the game: keep the map as is and let the issues stay in the air. We can have this discussion forever if you like. Or you can change the map and make a compromise that fixes the issues but still have realwar approved. After seeing this excuse of a logical discussion, I doubt the concept of a compromise exists in many of the people here (then again, I'm in this seemingly closed-minded community after all). This is not an all-or-nothing ordeal here.

People who're so concerned with how popular this map is and the approval status of this map: take a minute to think about the nonsense you just decided to say then come back with something logical to put on the table. Right now that argument is worthless and will forever be worthless. Stop pushing a logical fallacy just to try to earn some participation points or to create some backwards logic point. Yeah, the map's popular. We get it. What's your point? There's a reason this map became popular in the first place. If that reason isn't obvious to you, no one should be paying attention to anything you say afterwards.

People who don't fall in those categories: you're fine. That's all. Let's continue discussing rationally.

DoomWrath wrote:People who want the map to be different and propose adding alternative routes, tunnels, or ways around: Play Firetiger/Tehswordninja/Nexir's versions of the map instead of X Death's.

The maps you want to suggest as alternatives don't have the luxury of being approved. In fact I'd contend that this isn't helpful. You're just running away from the problem by using these alternatives as a red herring to move people away from the original realwar and try to satisfy them without putting in the effort to fix the map itself which would create the same effect and achieve better results. Believe it or not, some people do like the concept of realwar but don't like its current execution. A quick read-through along with some basic reading comprehension should be telling you that. I think even that might be expecting too much at this point judging from the posts I read in the topic.

Approved maps are meant to be competitive. It's why they're approved in the first place. The original realwar isn't as competitive as recent maps. The alternatives may be but they lack official competitive status until further notice. People who do want realwar approved but fixed have to deal with this flawed iteration in the meantime. Either replace the original realwar with one of those maps (yeah right), approve one of the alternatives as well (like that'll ever happen), fix realwar like everyone's repeatedly been trying to say (like this'll ever happen either), or unapprove realwar until it's more competitive to co-exist with other approved maps (like this too will ever happen either). Right now there's an imbalance between the competitiveness of realwar's design and the design of modern maps. To me, even map-realwar currently isn't good enough. It's lazy if anything. I could come up with a design better than whatever this sad inadequate version is supposed to be.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby DoomWrath » 6 June 2018, 04:08

The point is being missed that not all of the maps need to be maximum Level 9000 in "competitiveness", whatever you define that is. That's why it's on the approved list - it's fair to both teams, every player has the same chance to do better or worse depending on skills and tactics, and these maps that have good (trigger warning) popularity among MP players are ones more likely to keep and hold people in Ranked/Approved matches rather than giving up and lurking a gunshop. Getting kills shouldn't be limited to maps that are above "X" level of complexity. That's how we've gone from very simple, basic, fun maps in 2011 (albeit with very basic and often broken map making) to lots of fairly generic arenas with only coloured backgrounds to set them apart.

At least you've actually provided some more specific problem areas than just repeating "spam" and "no skill", so thank you for that. The main problem with making radical changes is keeping the main "feel" and purpose of the map intact - one route from red to blue is a really big bit of the map and without it, it's just the same as the other alternatives - and if people wanted to play versions with more routes, they'd play the ones with more routes. Players who just want to mess about on realwar are going to join any of the four.

Last 12 months MP match creations per realwar map:
XDeath: 2319
Firetiger: 430
Nexir: 490
Tehswordninja: 136 (newer map though)

Hikarikaze wrote:The maps you want to suggest as alternatives don't have the luxury of being approved.

Hikarikaze wrote:approve one of the alternatives as well (like that'll ever happen)

They've been approved for long enough...

Some solutions to reducing spam in the crossfire zone have been discussed on discord - changing the angle of attack to reduce fire into the water:
Laser to reduce the angle of firing into water: http://prntscr.com/jrem60
Pushing back the second floor: http://prntscr.com/jremc4

Hikarikaze wrote:The cover at the base also hinders mobility of anyone rushing forward from the front of the base because the cover is simply in the way, thus it's easy to spot someone attacking from the front because the design simply doesn't let you just walk right in from the front.

Personally the cover at the base needs to be extended down the lane instead of the center part being an open field. Cover at that level should be more prevalent and spread out.

Something else that might limit spam angles and reduce the effectiveness of base camping is thickening the walls at the front of the bases to limit fire angles more: http://prntscr.com/jretul - but this might have the negative impact of making people in the base even harder to kill.

This is something I'll implement on map-realwar and test tomorrow.

Hikarikaze wrote:To me, even map-realwar currently isn't good enough. It's lazy if anything. I could come up with a design better than whatever this sad inadequate version is supposed to be.

Do it then. If it's workable, in the spirit of the map (blah blah blah, you know the drill) it'll be implemented.
DoomWrath

Postby DoomWrath » 8 June 2018, 16:44

Topic Bump: "map-realwar" has been updated with some measures to stop spam in the centre corridor.
- Towers have been moved back 200px to prevent frontal cover hindering advances into enemy towers
- Towers have been redesigned to greatly limit angles of fire into the central corridor
- Towers have been topped with a killing laser to prevent camping there
- Towers have been given a rear window to reduce cover for people camping in towers
- A slightly more complicated central cover piece has been added
DoomWrath

Postby lostmydollar » 3 July 2018, 14:05

Dude why the hell did you disapprove the original map? Oh my god
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 3 July 2018, 14:21

lostmydollar wrote:Dude why the hell did you disapprove the original map? Oh my god

lol expect unranked/ranked servers to have much less players.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby wreak » 3 July 2018, 18:06

Star Fox McCloud wrote:
lostmydollar wrote:Dude why the hell did you disapprove the original map? Oh my god

unranked isn't going to change at all. No one plays x d-realwar in unapproved map section.

Also ranked is very much dead to begin with. Removing this map would not change entire game at all.
wreak
wreak

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 3 July 2018, 18:19

wreak wrote:
Star Fox McCloud wrote:

unranked isn't going to change at all. No one plays x d-realwar in unapproved map section.

Also ranked is very much dead to begin with. Removing this map would not change entire game at all.

If logic is used, which other map besides realwar gain 14+ players in a full match each day? Since no realwar, will we ever see a 16 player match again? Probably next month, for 28 seconds and have the match die out quickly.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby phsc » 3 July 2018, 20:27

Star Fox McCloud wrote:If logic is used, which other map besides realwar gain 14+ players in a full match each day? Since no realwar, will we ever see a 16 player match again? Probably next month, for 28 seconds and have the match die out quickly.

now other than a 16 player match of realwar we will have two stryde sniper matches one full and another one almost full with maybe some people playing some random map like some rails rays and maybe even arena
i prefer the later than a lot of peopl in x death-realwar because that map is indeed spam war, now the remake is actually great, and i had fun playing it, unlike the original, ofc it wont have as many stupid guests spamming, but its actually a playable map that doesnt suck, and i prefer having two stryde snipers and a decent arena map other than a trash spammy shit
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 3 July 2018, 20:31

phsc wrote:
Star Fox McCloud wrote:If logic is used, which other map besides realwar gain 14+ players in a full match each day? Since no realwar, will we ever see a 16 player match again? Probably next month, for 28 seconds and have the match die out quickly.

now other than a 16 player match of realwar we will have two stryde sniper matches one full and another one almost full with maybe some people playing some random map like some rails rays and maybe even arena
i prefer the later than a lot of peopl in x death-realwar because that map is indeed spam war, now the remake is actually great, and i had fun playing it, unlike the original, ofc it wont have as many stupid guests spamming, but its actually a playable map that doesnt suck, and i prefer having two stryde snipers and a decent arena map other than a trash spammy shit

Sniper maps are dominating the servers, along with the railwars addicts. much less players than before. usually around 40 players in unranked, now it cant touch 18, which are mostly 1 shot maps

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

PreviousNext

Return to Removal Requests Archive