New Weapons/Skins Feedback

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Moonhawk » 7 February 2018, 19:46

tehswordninja wrote:Would you rather see "AV" over "AV-135?"
neither because they don't actually mean anything, unlike RPG.
tehswordninja wrote:Who wants to say "QCcV-50" over "V-50"?

nobody is really going to call it the V-50. more people will call it the little bastard (this is all i have seen so far apart from the full name).

if people don't want to say the whole thing, they won't. if long names are an issue, you might as well petition for a name change for most of the cs guns to be renamed. people will still give it a different nickname, yet it will still mean the same thing in the end. people don't have to say a guns name exactly how it is written in the game.
Moonhawk
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tehswordninja » 7 February 2018, 21:39

Moonhawk wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:Would you rather see "AV" over "AV-135?"
neither because they don't actually mean anything, unlike RPG.
tehswordninja wrote:Who wants to say "QCcV-50" over "V-50"?

nobody is really going to call it the V-50. more people will call it the little bastard (this is all i have seen so far apart from the full name).

if people don't want to say the whole thing, they won't. if long names are an issue, you might as well petition for a name change for most of the cs guns to be renamed. people will still give it a different nickname, yet it will still mean the same thing in the end. people don't have to say a guns name exactly how it is written in the game.

Does "CS-RC" mean anything? Does "CS-Pro" actually mean anything? I fail to see how RPG having an actual meaning accounts into any of this.

V-50 still sounds and looks infinitely better than QCcV-50. A lot of the names in this game generally have a simple naming format. CS-something, C-0x, Alien ___, etc.

A lot of the guns with actually long names generally have a generic weapon name in front. The Heavy Railgun is a very good example. Same with the Sniper RIfle, or the Grenade Launcher. I just feel like a bit more of a simple name would help this gun out. I'm (somewhat) fine with Little Bastard being in the name, but I think simplifying the beginning part of the name would help out.

But hey, in the grand scheme of things, this is a very minor issue.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby bob67909 » 8 February 2018, 00:06

Lots and lots of really cool stuff here. Didn't do any comprehensive testing but I mostly agree with whatever feedback I've seen here. Some of my personal notes:

This guy still looks like a bit of a hunchback: https://prnt.sc/ibmf1m
This thing and a few other guns are still being held pretty awkwardly far out: https://prnt.sc/ibmgx0
This thing is just pure sex,thank you infinity times for this thing: https://prnt.sc/ibmg32

bob67909
Recruit

Postby Buzzard 1 » 8 February 2018, 05:53

I really do like a lot of the weapons, while I am aware that this is a demo. Some of them seemingly are just seemingly nothing but reskins of already existing weapons. I am also seeing that some of these weapons re-use the same weapon sound effects of said already existing weapons too and I hope these will be changed in the future.
Buzzard 1
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby TheScatsbury » 8 February 2018, 18:49

New version 1.28 is bug!

1. can't drop weapon with backspace
2. can't kill guest! (wesapon)

TheScatsbury

Postby FireFang » 8 February 2018, 19:21

I am unable to play the demo, it just gives me a white screen where the game should be loaded

FireFang

Postby Moonhawk » 8 February 2018, 19:31

FireFang wrote:I am unable to play the demo, it just gives me a white screen where the game should be loaded

the demo .swf file has been removed, and the normal version of the game has been updated. press play as you normally would.
Moonhawk
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 8 February 2018, 21:41

damn, the rpg is very inaccurate now. as well as lil bastard. dunno if it is a good thing considering pb2 is a client side game
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 9 February 2018, 02:54

lostmydollar wrote:damn, the rpg is very inaccurate now. as well as lil bastard. dunno if it is a good thing considering pb2 is a client side game

I think for the RPG it provides an incentive to get close to deal damage, same with the Little Bastard. The Bastard, being an SMG, probably ought to be inaccurate to begin with.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Player_PB2 » 11 February 2018, 05:34

Boy, this is awesome, this happens when the community and the developer worked together. Too bad, i don't have any creation :( . Anyways, the characters are the same as normal characters (not including androids*), about the guns, i'd love to use it on maps and multiplayer, the only problem is the sound effects are "old" consider making/searching new sounds.

edit (5 minutes after submit): I also noticed that the weapons are on the wiki, i feel so..... lets just say..... proud, because i didn't expect it to be in the wiki :P , but, some don't have information yet, so who created the weapons, they know it's secret, except if we visited the fan art (most are gun ideas).

*android SLC has extreme speed, android T has worst swimming speed (my opinion)
2020 and still laughing at a gray box ██ <---- funniest crap i have ever seen
Player_PB2
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby kjs brother » 14 February 2018, 01:37

This sniper is looks like updated guys but it won't show at map editor i bet is updated now https://i.imgur.com/sEUh5xP.png
The Fade and Blaze
kjs brother
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 6 March 2018, 12:53

VictorSWATxPRO BATTLEGROUNDERXX wrote:Extended mags in PB2 or PB2.5. Cool that will be :D

Extended mag for pistols: Wait wait wait. You think that will be able to all pistols?. No no no. Just attachable to gun_glock

Extended mag for snipers: Snipers have less distraction when shooting and no recoil (Not attachable for Alien sniper rifle)

Extended mag for shotguns: Shotguns will have range for like a 15% to a 20% i think :D

Extended mag for assault rifles: Assault rifles will have more speed as faster can

Extended mag for SMGs: SMGs will have the same thing of the assault rifles

Thats it!!!

This is not a thread for weapon ideas. Please do not post like this again. You have been given a warning.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

a bit more about falkok guns...

Postby Tryzer » 7 March 2018, 06:50

Falkok guns are nothing but damage....falkoks focus on the powerhouse guns and armors.....speed not needed when you can just kill someone by head-shotting once....and.....emm..i really wish something like ''armor'' existed that actually increased your health......and gives some attributes...like more speed or accuracy...if it existed...falkok would be the bulkiest of all... :D
Roses are RED,Violets are RED....You'll be shot in the head if you aren't RED Too.
Tryzer
Recruit

Re: skin editor

Postby dixiedog » 11 March 2018, 22:47

I think we as the faithful players should be able to go on the website and create our own guns,skins,exct. If you agree please reply.

dixiedog

Re: skin editor

Postby yi en » 12 March 2018, 11:16

dixiedog wrote:I think we as the faithful players should be able to go on the website and create our own guns,skins,exct. If you agree please reply.

sort of yes but at this stage it's almost impossible.
(let's say about the budget of a website which gives player creativity mind. It gonna cost some money.)
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 18 March 2018, 00:24

kjs brother wrote:This sniper is looks like updated guys but it won't show at map editor i bet is updated now https://i.imgur.com/sEUh5xP.png

How did you get the sniper, and whats the id of sniper?
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Civil security lite 12054 » 21 May 2018, 06:12

Pistols are somewhat much more lethal than SMGs. Unload 10 rounds into 130 hp enemy if you are using SMG. 4 rounds for those who uses C-01P or CS-Pro.

Even in Max teabag-mmo_arena. Ppls can still kill you easily with pistols only.
Civil security lite 12054
Recruit

Postby Build » 22 May 2018, 07:56

should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby Hikarikaze » 23 May 2018, 07:08

Build wrote:should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound

Certain guns have their names licensed, which isn't easy to get for use in a game. Even AAA games sometimes struggle to acquire licensing/permission to use a gun's exact and actual name. It's best for an obscure game like this to avoid getting into copyright troubles even though fairly unknown indie developers won't get targeted as much as a big company would
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Whyme » 23 May 2018, 11:53

I'm personally unsure what I should think about the weapons or even community-content in general. My personal opinion is this: As long as the community gets involved into the game's development, everything is nice. Mods, own sprites, level editor, character creation... As long as everyone who creates something also gets it into the game in some degree, it's also fine. But if it goes towards competition and exclusion of "bad" designs it simply turns into frustration since people put effort into creating something but not being able to get it into the game. And if I remember correctly the weapons we have now were part of a huge contest.

To the weapons in general I can say I personally like the weapon designs and the weapon ideas. The balance wasn't met too greatly as the Alien sniper rifle as example surpasses the Heavy Rail gun in many aspects. I mean the headshot-damage of the Heavy Railgun is about 300 damage, the Alien sniper rifle was able to kill an enemy with a headshot who had 350 health while wielding a lower recharge rate.

Some Re-Balance should be done, most definitely. But with the fact in the back of my mind that only a bit of the sweat and effort was actually converted into some usable things, I personally prefer using the old weapons and I will continue only using the old weapons. And if there's some old weapons that also were created by the community, then first I wasn't aware of it and secondly I don't really care now anymore anyways.

Whyme
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Website / PB2 Game