How Long Are You WILLING TO WAIT for 2.5?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

How Long Are You WILLING TO WAIT for 2.5?

Postby mingo1 » 10 June 2017, 01:49

Bruh... Plazma Burst 2.5 is definitely gon be a long while.

Think about your future, how busy you'll be, etc., then ask yourself,

"how long am I willing to wait for Plazma Burst 2.5?"

For me, I'm only willing to wait for another 2 years MAX.

Let me know!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Re: How Long Are You WILLING TO WAIT for 2.5?

Postby noune » 10 June 2017, 03:27

Probably until it done, meet the new players in the new era, and show them this game's meaning.
“The world is chaotic and cruel,
The world is orderly and peaceful,
The world is both...”
noune
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby DoomWrath » 10 June 2017, 03:40

I'd give it another year. The only reason I am still even here is because of the staff role I have, and because of the staff team. It gives me a reason to log in - I know that I can come to PB2 to talk to the people I love that are still here. In a year's time I seriously doubt that most of these people will still be active. I'm sure you've all noticed the staff are less active than they were 1-2 years ago, and the community is slowing down more than ever.

I'd put a speculative cut-off date of PB2.5's release date announcement at the start of Q2 2018, any later than that and there's going to be nobody left to hype up (therefore making them stay on PB2), with a final release no later than the end of 2018. I believe a 2019 release date or later is just too far out.

As I said, I can hang on another year, but after that I'm likely to have moved on. I have a lot of future plans that may take up the time I currently spend on PB2.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Civil_Boss » 10 June 2017, 04:08

To be honest, i'm not really hyped about PB2.5, since i waited too long for it's arrival, i understand Eric Gurt is taking time to make PB2.5 one hell of a good game, but it's taken a bit too long, and i've lost interest in PB2.5, even PB2. :sorry:
Why don't YOU edit my signature?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby chrissty33 » 10 June 2017, 04:36

If I knew when it was coming out I'd be fine waiting years. But I also don't really play much of any game ATM, so it wouldn't matter to me.

Since I don't know, it's likely I'll forget PB2/PB2.5 even exists within a year if nothing major happens to keep me interested.
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby WolfMaster12 » 10 June 2017, 10:52

I honestly don't mind how long PB2.5 takes to make.

I have pretty much lost interest in this game (which was my childhood), for example, I'm not playing it nowadays on MP which I did for at least 3-4 hours before. I have better games to play, so yeah, I literally do not care THAT much if PB2.5 came out or not. I whatsoever play it when it comes out.
Last edited by WolfMaster12 on 19 June 2017, 09:19, edited 2 times in total.
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12

Postby GhostX5 » 10 June 2017, 11:11

Well, it's been years, and I never lost my interest on PB2 and PB2.5. Also, depending how many years I would wait, I'd say I would wait for about a year or two. Although Eric is still working on the game, I think it's better for me to give him some time to finish the game, because, if I complain about like this, "Dude, the game's taking forever!" it kinda distracting to such developers. So, I could still be waiting for the game. My patience is not really that easy to consume, especially when waiting for the game.

Although I still have interest in PB2.5, I'm still playing PB2 and other games that I may like, but still cannot abandon the game. This is where my new life have been started since 2016.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby darkstar 1 » 10 June 2017, 11:38

I don't really care how long it takes, will play it anyways when it releases, but that doesn't mean I will keep being active on the pb2 site/game if the development of pb2.5 takes too long.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby STEFANO2008 » 10 June 2017, 18:13

Minimum:2 Years

Max:5 Years

RAGE MODE:8 YEARS
Get me out of South America PLEASE

STEFANO2008
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby stormforce » 10 June 2017, 21:16

I am willing to wait 1 year longer for PB2.5 to get here. To know that Plazma Burst has returned, may bring back the former community and revive the game. Similar to Doomwrath, I do have a lot of other interests and the time I invest into Plazma Burst may diminish if PB2.5 is not good.
I've been here since 2011.
I created this account for map making, however I find it a real struggle because of the lack of players and the fact that most players just don't rate.
My interest in the game still exists, however mostly for mapmaking, and as I struggle to reach my goal of 1 singleplayer series map a week, which in March of 2016 was probably a map every few days. It's just very dissatisfying when all your time put into a map, for me about 3-5 hours, is completely ignored by the community.
I have been stuck at 11 ldr for over a year, and it is really hard to get votes for my trap map. Not to advertise, but if you would please play and rate it with feedback, it would be great. I only need about 9 more votes for it to reach 26 votes.
hi

stormforce

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 11 June 2017, 10:51

Indifferent,I'm not waiting for it,I will play it when it comes out though,at the moment I have other things to do

Spoiler: Show More
inb4 holy shit,GED has a life
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 11 June 2017, 19:22

Shit Ive been waiting but I know if he just rushes and releases the game it would just drive more away so you gotta look at the results if he would've release it by now. But Im only waiting for one year and thats it I cant come back I would like to but I think Im getting busy irl and might not just have time for PB2.5 this is my last year in High School and Im really behind in real life I got a lot of catching up to do. So if 2.5 isnt released it 2018 im afraid I wont have time for PB2/PB2.5. Thats the only thing that is worrying me, what also is worrying me is "How much time will I have left to spend time on a wonderful community like this?" Maybe a little or maybe a lot but hey time will tell.
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby tehswordninja » 13 June 2017, 02:48

Honestly by the end of this year, maaybe first quarter of 2018, but that's pushing it.

Past that I just won't really care. If it comes out I'll definitely play it but I'll lose all sense of hype (already kinda have, as is).
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 13 June 2017, 06:39

To be honest, the game is about 90% dead at this point, based on how low the population had to come around at this time... heck, there are not any more than 250 players online in multiplayer last few times I checked.. Without any updates in quite some time, the game as many may know is starting to get really stale and boring pretty quick despite all that PB2 has to offer and had offered to it's community.

I am really starting to think Eric Gurt has failed the community in a timely manner, but I thought that would be a little harsh to more specifically come into greater details of how so I wouldn't say much.

I plan on waiting until the exact end of this year, or if not a little longer than that (Jan-Feb, 2018). No PB2.5/PB3 at those times ahead = I'm leaving for good!
Ghost Killer823

Postby Finaly » 13 June 2017, 12:32

Eric Gurt should hire more developers or he had already hire

Finaly

Postby Tortoise » 13 June 2017, 13:21

I stopped playing this game regularly because it runs very slow on my PC. Will probably check it out when it we get it. Hopefully I will have a beefy computer by the time we git dat sweet sweet PB2.5
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Civil-Lite » 13 June 2017, 20:29

Probably to wait as long as it takes for Eric Gurt to complete almost 3/4 of it at least. Plazma Burst 2 has been through a lot and of course its dying, so I guess we will soon see what PB2.5 will be like in the future once its out. Cant miss it!
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby Specter_ » 14 June 2017, 03:05

I actually don't mind how long it takes, we just have to consider that the game is free for us to play. If you think this takes very long then you should see how long dwarf fortress takes to develop, or even an actual game title like Examina that has a small dev team. while these other games might be different as in whole, the situation regarding resources is similar to what eric is facing. I think eric is doing a great job by himself considering what he is working on and we shouldn't just wait around as if we are expecting something from him. i know that when pb2.5 releases i'll have a chance of playing with some if not all of the people in this forum...
Specter_
Recruit

Postby mingo1 » 18 June 2017, 18:16

Specter_ wrote:I actually don't mind how long it takes, we just have to consider that the game is free for us to play. If you think this takes very long then you should see how long dwarf fortress takes to develop, or even an actual game title like Examina that has a small dev team. while these other games might be different as in whole, the situation regarding resources is similar to what eric is facing. I think eric is doing a great job by himself considering what he is working on and we shouldn't just wait around as if we are expecting something from him. i know that when pb2.5 releases i'll have a chance of playing with some if not all of the people in this forum...

I agree with literally everything you put. Well-written

At the same time tho, Eric being the ONLY dev. is a problem within itself. The process would be so much faster if he was willing to work with others on his game
Now, we have NO CLUE when it'll come out aka how much longer it'll take.

I hope it comes out as soon as he can make it happen. AT LEAST a beta or something soon... idk. I understand how long a game takes, and I know it seems harsh to "rush" him, but dude, not even having a release date is just unacceptable and not working with others to make the process faster is beyond me...

All in all, I still wish Eric the best on 2.5 and I'm grateful that he's even making a new game for the series
mingo1
Administrator

Postby commando 54 » 19 June 2017, 00:23

However long it takes to relive my childhood in a new setting but from an old game. True fans don't give cut-off dates for their support, plus the fact he's one guy with a life making a game bigger than his last two projects combined, chill out
Halo 2 is the best PFS shooter ever created, Halo 3 is trash and the BR is a rice shooter and Halo 5 is straight garbage.
commando 54
Cyber Grub [25]

Next

Return to General Discussion