Eric Gurt remove invisibility from Star Defender game

Posts for SD2D Ideas, Discussion and Bugs!

Play it here https://www.gevanni.com:3000/

Eric Gurt remove invisibility from Star Defender game

Postby Da Shaaark » 30 January 2021, 23:28

Eric Gurt remove invisibility from Star Defender game. It's being heavily abused by troll players who sneak up and kill everyone. This feature is just cheating. It's not competitive. It does no help the competitive gameplay. It's a bad feature for a game. And no, dont make energy cost bigger or anything to make it easier to counter. Just remove it 100% completely. This feature is not needed and it's annoying. Everybody is pissed about it.

Other problem is the command center. It makes usage of turrets impractical and useless. You place turrets, you place command center to sub, you feel protected and them some a**hole just places second command center near you and turrets stop working. Please do something about it. Turrets should be useful. They are not right now.

Last problem is the crystal drop chance. It's too high. First version of the game was great because crystals were rare and you appreciated and were happy when finding them. Now it's just as rare as dirt. Like some minecraft mod where you can find diamonds in every damn dirt hole. Literally every second block you break you get a crystal. Game became too easy and boring. Upgrading skills just became a super boring routine job that you hate to do upon each restart. Make the game more fun by making crystals more rare like they were in first version of the game. Those matter containers are cheating too. You place one then quickly recharge completely from it to place second one. Players make huge matter containers farms which is just dumb for the game. Make placing containers cost 1000 matter perhaps? So it becomes harder to create farms. Or make containers empty while created so they have to recharge to become useful.

---UPDATE FOR ERIC GURT---

Da Shaaark wrote:deliciously exquisite pizza sauce this shit! I'm not going to waste any more of my time on idiots who seem to be the core part of this community. I created this topic to send Eric Gurt a message so I did. I repeat my message again:

Remove invisibility from Star Defender game because:

1) Fully upgraded invisible players sneak kill new players who are not upgraded and ready yet. Not fair for new/just spawned players.
2) Having invisible players on the map makes you paranoid all the time and you cannot fight fairly and focus on building/other activities the game originally intended to give focus on. It's just annoying to fight someone you don't see then die and waste time to dig crystals and upgrade over and over again to die again.

Communication nodes don't solve the issue because invisible players can ambush you where there are no coms! Covering the entire map and subscribing to all coms is a dumb solution to counter invisible players! Also just spawned players don't have enough matter to build coms!

SD without invisibility feature would just be better! And its the only solution!

That's it! I'm not going to respond to any other stupid offtopic messages! Eric Gurt think about what I said! Because it's important! I'm trying to help you to make your game better! Don't get me wrong!
Last edited by Da Shaaark on 12 February 2021, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Eric Gurt remove invisibility from Star Defender game

Postby mrblake213 » 31 January 2021, 04:38

Greetings,

This forum is specifically for the Plazma Burst Series.

If you have any feedback, suggestions, or bug reporting; kindly report them in the Plazma Burst Community discord server instead as we have a dedicated channel for that on where Eric answers questions occasionally too.

Thank you.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby broforce1 » 31 January 2021, 12:03

Nobody is really playing the game i guess lel
there is like 1 or 2 players online, well you just knew the game wasn't seriously meant to be developed to be that good, it's not like PB2 it's a sandbox game.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Da Shaaark » 31 January 2021, 16:03

mrblake213 wrote:Greetings,

This forum is specifically for the Plazma Burst Series.

If you have any feedback, suggestions, or bug reporting; kindly report them in the Plazma Burst Community discord server instead as we have a dedicated channel for that on where Eric answers questions occasionally too.

Thank you.

Hi! I dont use discord! Can you send this message to Eric?

broforce1 wrote:Nobody is really playing the game i guess lel
there is like 1 or 2 players online, well you just knew the game wasn't seriously meant to be developed to be that good, it's not like PB2 it's a sandbox game.

When I enter it has around 15 players online. This game has potential. Its Erics testground for PB2.5 so I suppose he can check some stuff out and fix it. Besides its an easy fix what I suggested and doesnt require many actions or hard work.
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Eric Gurt » 1 February 2021, 03:57

It probably does have potential. I should focus on PB2.5/3 though. Source code is on github and my plans for this project are in that Discord channel. I'm fine to update game with pull request but don't expect me to work on it too much, at least for now.

Communication nodes should show all invisible players within their range. Though game wasn't meant to be purely PvP game initially (more at Discord channel).

Crystal drop rate is same as it was except for deep underground (chance is proportional to ground block health). Probably yes, it is something to change.

Most settings game has are done in a way for game to have at least some potential fun with minimum amount of features implemented.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Da Shaaark » 10 February 2021, 21:33

Can you remove invisibility ENTIRELY? Fully upgraded players become invisible and kill new players on spawn. There is no time or matter capacity to build and subscribe to coms EACH time you die! And you need to cover entire map with coms to feel safe from these cheaters. Its impossible to play! And its extremely annoying to die so much! No wish to play. Remove it please!
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Knight Athoriiz » 12 February 2021, 16:38

Star Coalition High Command, Bored here.

You can easily adapt against invisibility with situational awareness - watch the walls for any sign of offcolor movement, you'll see something transparent flash nearby. That way, you can quickly react to their current location and strike back before they get the chance to take you down. Many other factors also take place but generally that's the main way of it.

Invisibility isn't a problem so long as you are armed against it. Upgrade fast and if you have the chance to fire, use it. The combat is fast-paced - pay more attention!

That being said.. this is the -PB2- forums. Please, have a mind for yourself. Eric has already commented on the topic.
I am the storm that is approaching.
Knight Athoriiz
Recruit

Postby Da Shaaark » 12 February 2021, 19:46

Knight Athoriiz wrote:Star Coalition High Command, Bored here.

You can easily adapt against invisibility with situational awareness - watch the walls for any sign of offcolor movement, you'll see something transparent flash nearby. That way, you can quickly react to their current location and strike back before they get the chance to take you down. Many other factors also take place but generally that's the main way of it.

Invisibility isn't a problem so long as you are armed against it. Upgrade fast and if you have the chance to fire, use it. The combat is fast-paced - pay more attention!

That being said.. this is the -PB2- forums. Please, have a mind for yourself. Eric has already commented on the topic.

Watch the walls for transparent flash and upgrade fast? Are you an idiot? 1% of all players of this game are nerds who can afford that! Everyone else just dies after spawn! What solution do you propose for other 99% players? #REMOVEINVISIBILITY

And also why can't I talk about Eric Gurt's game in Eric Gurt's forum In a section that literally says
Around the Campfire
Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst

WTF!
PB2 is dead, SD2D is stillborn, PB3 is doomed

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Knight Athoriiz » 12 February 2021, 20:12

No, I'm not an idiot. Any player, if they use actual effort, can afford invisibility and upgrades quickly, very easily. Everyone else who dies after spawning will adapt over time, or carry on with their day regardless. You're overreacting when you can just literally use your eyes.

What solution do I propose? Buy weapons, and upgrade the red hands. It's not that hard to do, really - and provides an edge against ambushes in the fact that y o u will have more firepower unless the opponent also had upgraded their offensive capability.

As for the second part, I guess there's been a double misunderstanding from myself and Blake. Whatever the case, Invisibility is -not- an unfair advantage, because you can counter it if you know what you're doing and learn from your mistakes.

Unless you have a better suggestion to replace the active camo, there won't be any way to avoid Quickie, Virus and Octopus contact, nor hide yourself in a surprise attack. What then? Do you think it's that easy to attack from long range? No.
Bullets fade out, and damage also falls off - close quarters is nigh-mandatory. And invisibility provides a great advantage in that. Even if you don't see them, you can still knock them down with a few consecutive barrages or sniper shots, or spam rockets if you feel like it. They'll die, and you'll win. Simple, right?

Apparently not, to you. Hell, I've witnessed you UTILIZE it against myself and others. Why do you think it's unfair if we're able to counter it upon gunfire sighting? It's quite obvious. Location, tactics, and of course upgrades again. If you're fast, you'll have the edge. Let that be a lesson for all encounters.
I am the storm that is approaching.
Knight Athoriiz
Recruit

Postby Da Shaaark » 12 February 2021, 20:52

Knight Athoriiz wrote:No, I'm not an idiot. Any player, if they use actual effort, can afford invisibility and upgrades quickly, very easily. Everyone else who dies after spawning will adapt over time, or carry on with their day regardless. You're overreacting when you can just literally use your eyes.

Yes you are an idiot because you keep talking that everyone can easily counter ghosts when they can not but only a few nerds like you can who also werent even in situations which I described where a fully upgraded invisible player sneaks on a new player and kills him from behind not even letting upgrade matter capacity.

Knight Athoriiz wrote:What solution do I propose? Buy weapons, and upgrade the red hands. It's not that hard to do, really - and provides an edge against ambushes in the fact that y o u will have more firepower unless the opponent also had upgraded their offensive capability.

Your soultion is shit! And not even a solution!

Knight Athoriiz wrote:As for the second part, I guess there's been a double misunderstanding from myself and Blake. Whatever the case, Invisibility is -not- an unfair advantage, because you can counter it if you know what you're doing and learn from your mistakes.

It is a bad feature and unfair advantage against new players who have no upgrades on spawn and have no time to do them before being killed! Stop talking shit!

Knight Athoriiz wrote:Unless you have a better suggestion to replace the active camo, there won't be any way to avoid Quickie, Virus and Octopus contact, nor hide yourself in a surprise attack. What then? Do you think it's that easy to attack from long range? No.
Bullets fade out, and damage also falls off - close quarters is nigh-mandatory. And invisibility provides a great advantage in that. Even if you don't see them, you can still knock them down with a few consecutive barrages or sniper shots, or spam rockets if you feel like it. They'll die, and you'll win. Simple, right?

Here is a better suggestion: remove the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce invisibility from the game! Simple, right? Octopuses can see you anyway even when invisible and you can kill them from distance. deliciously exquisite pizza sauce your hiding surprise attacks and other advantages! Having them makes big trouble for many other players who want to not die in 10 seconds after spawn. Yes its not hard to attack from huge range. I sniped a few dudes with a sniper then finished with rifle from big distance. Not hard! Unlike killing a fully upgraded and armed ghost after spawn its not hard!

Knight Athoriiz wrote:Apparently not, to you. Hell, I've witnessed you UTILIZE it against myself and others. Why do you think it's unfair if we're able to counter it upon gunfire sighting? It's quite obvious. Location, tactics, and of course upgrades again. If you're fast, you'll have the edge. Let that be a lesson for all encounters.

You are not even able to see the difference between face to face fight between fully upgraded players and a sneak ghost attack on just spawned player who only started digging crystals! The problem is the latter! This is why I called you an idiot! You talk nonsense and give shit advices that do not solve anything! And also I killed a lot of players with this ghost feature just to show how absurd it is! Nobody was going to look for your transparent stupid flash shit to counter my attacks! They just died but their luck was that there were a few players in one room so I was only able to kill 1-2 dudes but 3rd one snipes me. The number is what truly can counter a good ghost attack! Not your stupid 'upgrade urself' shit move.

STOP WASTING MY TIME. THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ERIC GURT. NOT MESSAGE TO YOU. I DONT WANT TO ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT SO GO AWAY! YOU WASTED ENOUGH OF MY TIME!

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 12 February 2021, 21:12

Da Shaaark

Calm down the next time you are rude or insult you will recieve a warn.Behavior like this is not welcome here.

Spoiler: Show More
STOP WASTING MY TIME. THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ERIC GURT. NOT MESSAGE TO YOU. I DONT WANT TO ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT SO GO AWAY! YOU WASTED ENOUGH OF MY TIME![/quote]

Also none here wasted your time this is a public forum so to have a conversation about a topic and its possible others to disagree with you.

If you wanted you count contact eric if you wanted to talked in private about this issue you have about this feature the
Star Defender game has.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby Da Shaaark » 12 February 2021, 21:31

Kiriakos can you tell Eric about this topic pls? I have no time to create discord accounts, deal with PBC joining procedure and stalk Eric! I only need someone to link him to this topic to fix one small issue mentioned in OP! That's all I want! After that I will leave forum and you will never hear me again! Can you tell Eric?? It's a bad unfair annoying cheating feature (ghost feature) and I'm helping him to realize that! It's so obvious to me but why its not obvious to him?! Has he not played his own game? It's better for his game if it was removed and players can play without being sneak killed after spawn! Being paranoid when there is an invisible ghost freak around who can come from behind and quickly sniper+shotgut/rifle you is simply annoying for a game and makes the game not fun! Why people cannot understand such a simple thing!!!

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mokaal » 12 February 2021, 21:37

Da Shaaark wrote:Eric Gurt remove invisibility from Star Defender game. It's being heavily abused by troll players who sneak up and kill everyone. This feature is just cheating. It's not competitive. It does no help the competitive gameplay. It's a bad feature for a game. And no, dont make energy cost bigger or anything to make it easier to counter. Just remove it 100% completely. This feature is not needed and it's annoying. Everybody is pissed about it.

Other problem is the command center. It makes usage of turrets impractical and useless. You place turrets, you place command center to sub, you feel protected and them some a**hole just places second command center near you and turrets stop working. Please do something about it. Turrets should be useful. They are not right now.

Last problem is the crystal drop chance. It's too high. First version of the game was great because crystals were rare and you appreciated and were happy when finding them. Now it's just as rare as dirt. Like some minecraft mod where you can find diamonds in every damn dirt hole. Literally every second block you break you get a crystal. Game became too easy and boring. Upgrading skills just became a super boring routine job that you hate to do upon each restart. Make the game more fun by making crystals more rare like they were in first version of the game. Those matter containers are cheating too. You place one then quickly recharge completely from it to place second one. Players make huge matter containers farms which is just dumb for the game. Make placing containers cost 1000 matter perhaps? So it becomes harder to create farms. Or make containers empty while created so they have to recharge to become useful.

Then what's the purpose of invisibility? It's just like any military camouflage but cloaked, and invisibility has more pros than cons so I don't suggest removing it.

Besides, if you hate invisibility players, why don't you use invisibility as well?

There was a quote from somewhere saying " to deal with fire, we have to use fire ", use the same technique they use to defeat them.

And please stop being a stubborn alright?
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Da Shaaark » 12 February 2021, 22:10

mokaal wrote:Then what's the purpose of invisibility? It's just like any military camouflage but cloaked, and invisibility has more pros than cons so I don't suggest removing it.

Jesus Christ, why people on this forum are so dumb! Game =/= real life or fiction military things. Real life combat was never fair to anybody unlike game combat that can be balanced by developers to make it more fair for everybody! SD is an editable game for people to have fun and its owner should see if its fun and enjoyable for players and fix/remove things that are bad for his product. Number of pros/cons =/= weight of those pros/cons and influence on the game. You can find many pros in some stupid idea but it doesn't mean the idea is good! Do you have minimal understanding of life? No, you don't! It's not about number of something, it's about quality and its influence on something. And invisibility mode drops the game quality much! It's a huge flaw that cannot be justified just because it has some pros that trolls like you can use against others players.

mokaal wrote:Besides, if you hate invisibility players, why don't you use invisibility as well?

WHAT?! If I hate people who drive car while being drunk I should do the same deliciously exquisite pizza sauce thing too? What sort of logic is that?! You are an idiot just like the other guy here because you don't have any logic in your head and you speak nonsense and shit!

mokaal wrote:There was a quote from somewhere saying " to deal with fire, we have to use fire ", use the same technique they use to defeat them.

I just spawned and started digging to upgrade matter capacity, not even talking about becoming invisible yet. 30 seconds after some fully upgraded a**hole ghost sneaked on my ass and sniped me. WHAT FIRE DO I USE? CAN YOU TELL ME SMARTASS? NO YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU CAN'T deliciously exquisite pizza sauce READ OR THINK OF ANYTHING THAT MAKES SENSE. Also even if I upgraded full its still annoying to deal with invisible people sneaking on you when you are building or helping other players or just anything else that requires focus. It's simply annoying to look for ghosts and be so paranoid all the time when you can't see them and you have to be looking everywhere guessing where they can be and shooting randonly in air without aim on luck with hope of successful kill. It's not deliciously exquisite pizza sauce fun to play like that!

mokaal wrote:And please stop being a stubborn alright?

Then stop being so dumb! OK?!!

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mokaal » 12 February 2021, 22:17

Da Shaaark wrote:
mokaal wrote:Then what's the purpose of invisibility? It's just like any military camouflage but cloaked, and invisibility has more pros than cons so I don't suggest removing it.

Jesus Christ, why people on this forum are so dumb! Game =/= real life or fiction military things. Real life combat was never fair to anybody unlike game combat that can be balanced by developers to make it more fair for everybody! SD is an editable game for people to have fun and its owner should see if its fun and enjoyable for players and fix/remove things that are bad for his product. Number of pros/cons =/= weight of those pros/cons and influence on the game. You can find many pros in some stupid idea but it doesn't mean the idea is good! Do you have minimal understanding of life? No, you don't! It's not about number of something, it's about quality and its influence on something. And invisibility mode drops the game quality much! It's a huge flaw that cannot be justified just because it has some pros that trolls like you can use against others players.

mokaal wrote:Besides, if you hate invisibility players, why don't you use invisibility as well?

WHAT?! If I hate people who drive car while being drunk I should do the same deliciously exquisite pizza sauce thing too? What sort of logic is that?! You are an idiot just like the other guy here because you don't have any logic in your head and you speak nonsense and shit!

mokaal wrote:There was a quote from somewhere saying " to deal with fire, we have to use fire ", use the same technique they use to defeat them.

I just spawned and started digging to upgrade matter capacity, not even talking about becoming invisible yet. 30 seconds after some fully upgraded a**hole ghost sneaked on my ass and sniped me. WHAT FIRE DO I USE? CAN YOU TELL ME SMARTASS? NO YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU CAN'T deliciously exquisite pizza sauce READ OR THINK OF ANYTHING THAT MAKES SENSE. Also even if I upgraded full its still annoying to deal with invisible people sneaking on you when you are building or helping other players or just anything else that requires focus. It's simply annoying to look for ghosts and be so paranoid all the time when you can't see them and you have to be looking everywhere guessing where they can be and shooting randonly in air without aim on luck with hope of successful kill. It's not deliciously exquisite pizza sauce fun to play like that!

You know what? With that behavior and attitude it seems that you came from either Fortnite or Roblox online dating games, I would recommend you to go to school, and learn what " logic " and " manners " actually means.

Consider it as a last reply if you don't understand what this reply means.
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby wolf653 » 12 February 2021, 22:19

Da Shaaark wrote:

calm down jimmy its just the internet
PS: really great copypasta material by the way
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Da Shaaark » 12 February 2021, 22:26

mokaal wrote:You know what? With that behavior and attitude it seems that you came from either Fortnite or Roblox online dating games, I would recommend you to go to school, and learn what " logic " and " manners " actually means.

Yes, get the hell outta here. I hate wasting my time on stupid people.

wolf653 wrote:calm down jimmy its just the internet

WHY DO YOU DEGENS COME FROM NOWHERE TO MY TOPIC AND START TALKING NONSENSE BULLSHIT OR THINGS EVEN UNRELATED TO THE SUBJECT? WHY!? ARE THERE ANY NORMAL PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WHO SAY USEFUL THINGS? WHY THERE ARE SO MANY IDIOTS AROUND!? IF YOU HAVE NO SMART THINGS TO ADD TO THE SUBJECT GET THE deliciously exquisite pizza sauce OUT OF HERE! DON'T COME AND DON'T REPLY! JUST PASS BY! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE ON YOU!

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lptj1027 » 12 February 2021, 22:26

Patience is a virtue Shark, Things take time to be looked over. Eric doesn't have time to look at every single Response made in general discussion. Wait it out and see his response.
The Official Golden Cat Of PB2
lptj1027
Recruit

Postby wolf653 » 12 February 2021, 22:34

Da Shaaark wrote:
mokaal wrote:You know what? With that behavior and attitude it seems that you came from either Fortnite or Roblox online dating games, I would recommend you to go to school, and learn what " logic " and " manners " actually means.

Yes, get the hell outta here. I hate wasting my time on stupid people.

wolf653 wrote:calm down jimmy its just the internet

WHY DO YOU DEGENS COME FROM NOWHERE TO MY TOPIC AND START TALKING NONSENSE BULLSHIT OR THINGS EVEN UNRELATED TO THE SUBJECT? WHY!? ARE THERE ANY NORMAL PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WHO SAY USEFUL THINGS? WHY THERE ARE SO MANY IDIOTS AROUND!? IF YOU HAVE NO SMART THINGS TO ADD TO THE SUBJECT GET THE deliciously exquisite pizza sauce OUT OF HERE! DON'T COME AND DON'T REPLY! JUST PASS BY! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE ON YOU!

maybe you wouldn't be wasting your fÛcking time if you didn't type a fÛcking essay with your dorito fingers that none of us will bother fÛcking reading cause it would waste our time.
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Civil-Lite » 12 February 2021, 22:43

Da Shaaark wrote:WHY DO YOU DEGENS COME FROM NOWHERE TO MY TOPIC AND START TALKING NONSENSE BULLSHIT OR THINGS EVEN UNRELATED TO THE SUBJECT? WHY!? ARE THERE ANY NORMAL PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WHO SAY USEFUL THINGS? WHY THERE ARE SO MANY IDIOTS AROUND!? IF YOU HAVE NO SMART THINGS TO ADD TO THE SUBJECT GET THE deliciously exquisite pizza sauce OUT OF HERE! DON'T COME AND DON'T REPLY! JUST PASS BY! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE ON YOU!

You know, I have a better question to ask you. Why do you even bother to come here and make a huge rant about who responds to the topic and does not? When it was clearly stated beforehand that it’s a public discussion, meaning therefore you are in no right to say to people otherwise in this regarding matter. Second off all, I suggest for you to stop overreacting due what’s being said and heed our advice that has been given to you - that including taking a break from a multiplayer game by look of which you cannot seem to cope with. Calling us names and disrespecting players in the process will not get you far, disregarding any “helpful assistance” that you may think you deserve.
Last edited by Civil-Lite on 12 February 2021, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Next

Return to Star Defenders