My thoughts about Star Defenders 2D

Posts for SD2D Ideas, Discussion and Bugs!

Play it here https://www.gevanni.com:3000/

My thoughts about Star Defenders 2D

Postby mokaal » 26 January 2021, 09:12

Game's good, similar to how Rust works

Harvest materials, build stuff and upgrade.

The issue is that grievers ( people who raids and destroy bases ) tend to be more annoying, which can make people rage quit.

Another thing is that I'm afraid if some clans will decide to build their base inside that game and kill everyone on sight, and the best example of the " clans " which I'm talking about are mostly Cartels and Dark Clan, I wouldn't be surprised if Cartels moved to SD and raid every base like they did in Paul308-base servers.

And mobile support, I really would thank and appreciate Eric about it, despite most of the PBC are PC users, me and perhaps other people are mobile users, I know that most of the people might say that mobile support is pointless due to majority of the community are PC users but come on man, mobile users at least should enjoy the opportunity they had to play the game, you know?

Anyway in conclusion, the game is good, has potential to become like PB2 if it was spent well on ads, as well as it doesn't require flash or anything like that ( I don't know what program Eric used to make SD playable ) and I hope that the game doesn't get ruined by some clan dudes and base raiders.

If you didn't try the game yet, here's the link

https://www.gevanni.com:3000/
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: My thoughts about Star Defenders 2D

Postby mrblake213 » 26 January 2021, 17:35

The game is good. It has potential to be a standalone game.

It's unique and interesting because it deviates from the concept of PB2 multiplayer and has similar gameplay with Rust or Minecraft Factions. It's a game on where you collect resources, build a base, defend that base, or destroy other people's bases.

It's only a test game and has only been released at least 6 days now if I remember correctly. There is still a lot of updates to do and implement and it could go that way if correct attention is given to it.

I believe Eric has said in Discord that he's willing to give the source code to someone that is able to continue the development of the game so that Eric could focus solely on making PB3.

In another note, I think it would be a great idea if it could be ported to mobile. A lot of games have boomed in mobile and I don't know any other similar games to Star Defenders on mobile.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby broforce1 » 27 January 2021, 05:17

People are really annoying in the game and also toxic (yes it's a game), with upgrades anyone can shit on u too easily and u may lose your stuff quicker than PB2, any toxic player can have good advantages from upgrades and features like being invisible which is quite annoying and u cannot see him with that upgrade, it's not really designed like PB2 to shot everything, guns were designed to protect yourself from natural disasters like viruses, and walls were made to make a base or some shelter to prevent climate disasters like acid rain.

The game is fun despite the lag on it like seriously, the game has some bugs, but I won't decide on this game if it's good or not since the game is new and released earlier, and also until it gets more bug fixes and better updates and removing other annoying features, i still pretty much liked this game because it's more tactical than PB2 and it has some pixel vibes from the 8-bit references.

Seriously i wish there could be an SP version of this, though that the game reminds me of terarria, and maybe a little bit of minecraft.
Last edited by broforce1 on 27 January 2021, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby yi en » 27 January 2021, 05:20

SD2D is basically like 2B2T but 2D.
not much thing you can do if you join in end game, and it's more like humanity experiment.
By amount of time I spent in that game which reset every 24 hours. Yeah, that's the conclusion I have got.

If there's nobody going to rush B me or just kill me regardless of anonymousity, I would do a lot of major plans to "benefit"/"destroy" the whole server.

Apart from that, the suggesstions I had made are already in discord chatroom. I won't repeat the same thing again in here.

That's all, Unless SD2D has major updates, I won't going back soon.

P.S. SD2D is more like a "warmup zone" to prevent more PB2 players leaving PB2 and losing all hope to PB2.5 more. A weird stategy at this time but hey, it works as a charm!
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Star Def » 27 January 2021, 08:56

oh i just knew about this game yay nice and good job eric gurt!

well, i did wish to play a game like this, saw SD the first time and i was hoping for something like this its even better than pb2 net code, there is also SD3D too which is quite awesome but yes the game lags a bit.

never thought people will start pLay SD, well nvm it's ded already.
Flash games are cool no?
Star Def
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Star Defenders