Problem with Ping (544-877ms on the nearest region)

Problem with Ping (544-877ms on the nearest region)

Postby Symb1ont » 1 July 2020, 11:23

Hello, I encounter such a specific problem on every online section, and every day. Ping reaching up to 877ms. Internet Connection is quite good. I played a lot of games, and in many regions, there were no problems with the Internet. Ping fluctuated by 40-90ms, depending on the established region. Consequently, everything went like clockwork. But not in this game.

Playing in the closest region (Europe / Ukraine), ping flies in the clouds. Higher than god.
Are there any options to at least somehow optimize it? Drop him to a minimum 600-500, for example.

Symb1ont

Re: Problem with Ping (544-877ms on the nearest region)

Postby Nyove » 1 July 2020, 17:52

Ping is the delay between the time your computer sends data to the PB2 server and the PB2 server actually receiving your data.

To reduce your ping, pick the closest possible region. I see you have done that and that's a good first step.
(Also

To ensure stability of the ping, you need to have good and stable internet connection. Using a Ethernet cable would be the best solution to combat this issue.

Other steps you can try to achieve stable ping.
- Putting your computer (PC / laptop) as close as your router as possible.
- Ensure there are no obstruction between your computer and your router (including wall)
- Use a 5GHz WiFi connection if your computer is close enough to the router.
(5Ghz WiFi has shorter range but experiences lesser interference from other sources and tends to be faster than the standard 2.4GHz).

Note : If you need to use a VPN
Make sure the VPN server you are connecting to is close to you AND as well as PB2 server's location.
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby Symb1ont » 2 July 2020, 10:39

Nyove wrote:Ping is the delay between the time your computer sends data to the PB2 server and the PB2 server actually receiving your data.

To reduce your ping, pick the closest possible region. I see you have done that and that's a good first step.
(Also

To ensure stability of the ping, you need to have good and stable internet connection. Using a Ethernet cable would be the best solution to combat this issue.

Other steps you can try to achieve stable ping.
- Putting your computer (PC / laptop) as close as your router as possible.
- Ensure there are no obstruction between your computer and your router (including wall)
- Use a 5GHz WiFi connection if your computer is close enough to the router.
(5Ghz WiFi has shorter range but experiences lesser interference from other sources and tends to be faster than the standard 2.4GHz).

Note : If you need to use a VPN
Make sure the VPN server you are connecting to is close to you AND as well as PB2 server's location.

Internet provider is right next to the PC. And, again, there are no deviations, Internet malfunctions.
The signal is not covered by anything, the space is large.

By the way, almost every player on online section (room) has 200ms - 300ms, rarely 190. I always noticed the same ms numbers from 2017, 2018, and 2019 year. Now It's already 2020, and for all these times I have never seen a player with a ping, less than 110-130. Paradox. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I don’t know if this problem is global, but the fact of her presence does not giving peace to me.

Symb1ont

Postby Nyove » 4 July 2020, 07:33

Replied.

By the way, if you have lesser than a certain amount of posts, you need to wait for moderator to approve your post. That's why your post wasn't publish instantly.
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Return to Bug Reporting Archive