Fatal Error.

Fatal Error.

Postby Jason Eden » 14 September 2019, 20:28

So I decided to make my last map before leaving PB2, and as you can see on the screenshots I've spent a lot of time on it and it's only 60% done by now.

And for all the effort this is what I get when I add one more decoration to the map:

It was a really bad surprise for me. Can this stupid thing get removed so I can continue working on the map please? Or should I just delete the map instead?
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Re: Fatal Error.

Postby hugod » 14 September 2019, 21:11

i can see why this exists, but i'm with you here, not many maps will go over that limit anyway so what's the point of it? on the same note there is also a limit of 8 songs which i don't like as well.

hugod
Recruit

Postby Eric Gurt » 14 September 2019, 21:24

Updated, limit is 200 now.

Also added trigger actions that can be useful to make some sort of loading room - it should help prevent cases where players will end up in a levels with missing textures that are loaded over time. This is not really a game or Flash Player limitations but rather how browsers and servers are set up - up to 4-8 simultaneous downloads.

Other solution for problems like this could be a big textures that contain required level elements. PB2 has upper limit for textures around 2000 px in width and height.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Jason Eden » 14 September 2019, 21:37

hugod wrote:i can see why this exists, but i'm with you here, not many maps will go over that limit anyway so what's the point of it? on the same note there is also a limit of 8 songs which i don't like as well.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Eric Gurt wrote:Updated, limit is 200 now.

Also added trigger actions that can be useful to make some sort of loading room - it should help prevent cases where players will end up in a levels with missing textures that are loaded over time. This is not really a game or Flash Player limitations but rather how browsers and servers are set up - up to 4-8 simultaneous downloads.

Other solution for problems like this could be a big textures that contain required level elements. PB2 has upper limit for textures around 2000 px in width and height.

Thank you Eric. Please check site inbox when you find some spare time.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive