[APPROVAL REQUEST] longbow mangudai-citadel [Update 1]

[APPROVAL REQUEST] longbow mangudai-citadel [Update 1]

Postby Longbow Mangudai » 3 January 2020, 15:55

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES/NO
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES/NO
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES/NO
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES/NO
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES/NO

[2]
- Map Name: .:~The Citadel~:. [MP]
- Map ID: longbow mangudai-citadel
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=913043
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=l ... ai-citadel

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: It's a Red V Blue map. Nothing that special.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: Frankly, I only believe that around 50%. But it's quite decent, for the structure and design of the map. Adding to that, it should be well-balanced.
- Any other comments: This is my first attempt at making a multiplayer map. I posted about having to get this approved before, but I have some bug/issue fixes I did.
1 - (Bug) You could go outside of the arena by small gaps on the rooftop of player team spots. I believe that should be next to impossible now, but if it's not, then... I don't know.
2 - (Issue) Gravitators were too strong, as some people stated. It shouldn't be now.

As long as it's not ad hominem, all criticism is appreciated.
Longbow Mangudai
Recruit

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] longbow mangudai-citadel [Update 1]

Postby ditzy » 18 January 2020, 07:00

It's a very linear map. (Maybe not literally, but in terms of gameplay there's only one path for players to take)

The problem is that you get a lot of chokepoints. It's easy for a team to camp over the gravitators that lead down to the connecting hallway at the bottom.

That bottom bit feels a lot like realwar 2: electric boogaloo. Very spammy, very campy. Kinda fun?

I would recommend creating a second lane that connects from this blue area to the red area on the other side, and perhaps providing some ways to switch between the two lanes aside from the gravitators on the very ends of the lanes.

It's also really hard to jump that upper ledge there because I kept hitting the low ceiling .
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] longbow mangudai-citadel [Update 1]

Postby Girl_Power » 18 January 2020, 23:20

I would have to agree with Ditzy when I tested the map with her. There is only one pathway for players to take to get to the other side of the map. This poses a huge problem because we get into camping and spamming (mentioned already). I also think it would be best if you open up some places to allow more room to travel and throw grenades. Another problem I see is that it is too easy to die from fall damage when jumping down onto the floor gravitator. New players may not have the same aim as experienced players therefore this area of the map poses a big threat to new players.

Overall this map is very nice and I love the artwork/decoration in the background; it makes the map stand out when compared to other maps. I think this map should be approved if you make it a little more new-player-friendly.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Approval Request Archive