[APPROVAL REQUEST] Defensive-rvb

Map Approval Requests

[APPROVAL REQUEST] Defensive-rvb

Postby chaos dragon » 3 February 2019, 09:55

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: Yes
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: Yes
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: Yes
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: Yes
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: Yes

[2]
- Map Name: Cold Winter [MP]
- Map ID: Defensive-rvb
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=923117
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=defensive-rvb

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map:
Spoiler: Show More
Tired of sniper maps? well heres some map that is not a sniper map, Please rate this fairly and play it for fun.

Guns :
- Assault Rifle C-01r (Blue and Red)
- Alien Sniper Rifle
- Defibrillator
- Shotgun C-01s (Blue and Red)

- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: I'm thinking that this now fits for approval but i will wait for some people who will review this map and i'll do some improvements at this map.
- Any other comments: Map Preview

Edit 1 :
Fixed some glowing edges, Tell me if there is more.
Edit 2 :
Changed the elevator door speed to 4.5
Added teleport nade.
Edit 3 :
Added Door (To avoid spraying)
Edit 4 :
Changed the title to Cold Winter
Edit 5 :
Added Shotgun C-01s (Blue and Red)

Tell me if there is more things that i will fix,
Also credits to kubakuba for helping me.

Update -
I removed the elevator because many people camp there so this is how it looks like now

Also when i play this match on multiplayer it was actually fun (My opinion)
Last edited by KIRIAKOS GR96 on 5 February 2019, 14:22, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Double post.
chaos dragon
Recruit

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Defensive-rvb

Postby KIRIAKOS GR96 » 5 February 2019, 14:25

@chaos dragon Dont double post if you want to update your topic the next time use the edit button.
KIRIAKOS GR96
Administrator

Postby chaos dragon » 27 February 2019, 14:11

Never give up bumping.
Last edited by chaos dragon on 10 March 2019, 19:14, edited 2 times in total.
chaos dragon
Recruit

Postby Fellow » 27 February 2019, 14:21

Not your map. This is the Defensive map
No pain, no gain! Always aim for the purpose!

Fellow
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby chaos dragon » 10 March 2019, 19:12

Bump.

@Fellow
Ok? And so??? I am defensive but if I am not him it's still fine posting this topic
Any Problem? Or I am now becoming an typical dumb### just
Because I'm not defensive? And what's wrong with it?
Do I need to switch to defensive account and post here?
Is it why no one replies because I'm not on my account?
I mean it is okay to post in alt.
Last edited by chaos dragon on 10 March 2019, 19:27, edited 2 times in total.
chaos dragon
Recruit

Postby KIRIAKOS GR96 » 10 March 2019, 19:17

The map that you made its good but i think the bg is very simple imo
Also the characters are very closed to each other in coop
KIRIAKOS GR96
Administrator

Postby phsc » 10 March 2019, 19:25

I see a few problems with the map.
Other than the looks being quite simple, and the fact you can see the bricks under the map when the wall ends(make it go deeper or end it with the black wall), it seems very open, which would be good because there is a sniper, but the fact there are 2 weapons that are kinda spammable long range, that being the pistol and the assault rifle, it can be kinda annoying and very likely people spray a lot in the map - keep in mind I did not play it but this is me assuming things - http://prntscr.com/mvywri
Other than that, you can also see the end of the map which is something people tend to find ugly and it is a critic that has been made to my phsc-sniper map which is approved but then it is something realy minor, http://prntscr.com/mvyxq6

I see you tried to add cover to many areas, I would try adding more cover to the top area as it is very open, and try more specific angles so it is possible for players to rush more agaisn't some possible spam issues, it is more of a problem in COOP I imagine, but could happen in DM or TDM(most likely because less chances of a third person joining the combat and destroying said situation).

Teleport grenades and general grenades could help agaisn't that but these lines of fire are too long for normal grenades but I could see teleport nades used, since I did not play it in MP yet looked on it on SP I am not sure if there are grenades.

I think giving the map a more unique visual style would help, as methods of fixing the possible situations - that I can be wrong about - would greatly help this map into getting approval.

Another thing, I am unsure about how popular the shotgun is going to be on this map, everything is really open I imagine I would use the pistol since the HP is kinda low and precision is important and mostly the sniper, which is in a general way interesting to see in a map, but I don't know how it plays out when there are many people playing it and of course the shotgun has uses in more specific situations.
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby chaos dragon » 10 March 2019, 19:38

Alright finally some reply I'll fix it soon but I'll have to wait my PC repaired
Thanks I'll do my best and yes there are grenades this is better than the last approval map I made.

@Phsc
The spamming thing's you said is true but it's still possible to kill them it depends on your skill, Also if a player is camping and spamming then other players behind him or tp nades will distract it I might remove the shield nade because it's just making the spam more worse so yeah Ill also change the background color for more cool design I guess. I am not interested making this into an sniper map heh.

@KIRIAKOS GR96
How about Eric gurt railwars isn't that more close?

Good thing these replies have a detail rather than fellow's reply.

° More Edit °
I forgot I can fix the spam by adding more doors but I think it'll just ruin the fun. (My opinion).
Uhh so is this all good now or I am missing something just reply to me if there is more. If it's already good then wait for my PC repaired and I can now update this I kinda lost motivating at improving maps but I'll try my best.
chaos dragon
Recruit

Postby chaos dragon » 3 April 2019, 07:20

- Bump -

So since my PC is finally fixed now its time to edit now
So here's what i did :
1 ) Background color since you guys suggested it.
2 ) Added some doors to avoid spraying
3 ) Changed the lasers to aqua color ( for cool design i guess )
4 ) I fixed that the red team's base has higher ground than the blue team ( Thanks to Fan Fan1 for helping me fix this )
5 ) And more!, Look at the map if you want.

Please approve this staff, I tried my best to edit this so many times

@phsc
Jeez, There's so many things that i have to do because of you but i fixed it i may have missed some of what you said but the map looks fine already and it doesn't need to be so very perfect you see some others maps are already approved but they are boring.

Hey staff, There is a reason why i double-post plz no warning
chaos dragon
Recruit

Postby Jason Eden » 6 April 2019, 12:44

1) Sky color looks unnatural.
2) Background choice is awful. Shades of outlines are not picked correctly too. They should be more blue.
3) These little black squares don't look good at all. I don't understand why some people keep adding them to their maps. They look bad and they have no practical use. What's the point of adding them? I don't get it.
4) This door is too long, and the elevator background shade is bad too.
5) This transition looks bad. Either change the wall's height or add a second layer using a black wall.
6) Wrong background shade. It should blend in with the sky or at least be darker.
7) Is this supposed to be a black wall?
8) Add an invisible door inside this gravitator, so player's legs won't go inside. Actually, this gravitator is not even needed here. You can get on the roof using regular jump from nearest wall.
9) Is this supposed to be a concrete wall?
10) Add some lamps to fix the shadow of this background.

Overall, this map is too plain. The corridors are too narrow leaving the spraying only working tactics in this map. Background choice is awful. Even Resi is capable of picking a better background combination. If I was you, I would delete this map, no offense. It is not worth to be approved. And it is not worth to exist.

If you'd like to improve your designing skills, I would recommend checking currently approved maps and trying to create something alike but at the same time new and innovative. As for the ability to pick the right background colors, I would suggest checking Kubakuba's color archive and picking colors from it until you learn to pick them all by yourself using the hex picker.
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Map Approval Requests