[APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Map Approval Requests

[APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby phsc » 11 February 2019, 02:15

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name: Urbanwar
- Map ID: phsc-urbanwar
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/index.php? ... c-urbanwar
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=phsc-urbanwar

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: Urbanwar, originally by Raffine, edited by me.
The source was taken from Jason Edens open sourced urbanwar.
The CS-RCs have a 0.85 firing speed multiplier and a 0.9 damage multiplier.

- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: So there have been many urbanwar edits, original has many camping problems, Jason Eden's/lostmydollar has spawnkilling and a few camping problems, IceRs version has weapon balance problems, what I did is that, I fixed all camping related problems, and decided I'd innovate a little bit, I made the CS-RC the weapon of choice with slight tweaks so it cannot penetrate walls and also does slighty less damage, so the CS pistol is capable of penetrating trough many door areas which are great agaisn't camping and make the map really fast-thinking oriented and great at situations where one person shoots at the only way you can get to them in the original map, it is way harder to play thus giving it a higher skillcap, not only that but I also liked the sniper rifles from IceRs version and added them and I think this map is amazing, I made a few specific things for COOP too which happen in DM such as the bottom tunnel/corridor which one person can use the sniper rifle and if that person doesn't kill the other that person also gets a sniper rifle and then if she is able to pass again it is purely about who hits first and who is smarter(one can do a teleport nade play as an example).
It keeps a relatively similar playstyle with many of the problems fixed and it does have a way higher skillcap AND is more balanced, camping is possible but counterable, all playstyles are possible, and it is way more agitated in your movement than the original.
- Any other comments: I played this with Ditzy and Kiriakos, both said it is great, better than the original with higher skillcap and approval worthy:

It did hit more players though, I think 7 was the max, and it was really agitated and fun while being balanced and whoever had the more skill and creativity in playstyle won most fights, not saying Kiriakos and Ditzy are bad though.

I played it again with Artichokecat and Flora and they also liked it, interesting fact is that it was like 30 minutes after the Kiriakos match and it was the original match which means the map is quite popular and can mantain playing, or should
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Tiananmen Square

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby phsc » 12 February 2019, 02:30

I updated a few aspects of the map, mostly visuals:



I used the original map description for decoration ideas:
Set in the dark alleys of the most violent part of the city, this urban environment is home to numerous gang fights and brawls. With enemies coming from every direction, it will take more than just firepower to dominate!

The first part is easily explained with how the shadows of the map are, it is still easy to view according to other players I asked, maybe not in specific low brightness monitors.
The second part is related to all the skillcap oriented stuff and the genereal design of the map I adapted pretty hard.


Other changes are:
-CS-RCs changed to AV-135s, which have a 0.85 speed multiplier and also damage multiplier.
-Minimal wall placement differences
-I made the pushers in the bottom part less strong because it was possible to die after going out of that sewer sector.
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Tiananmen Square

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby Jason Eden » 12 February 2019, 16:20

1) The map does not look like Raffine-urbanwar anymore. It is an entirely different map now. Original urbanwar looks like this: http://prntscr.com/mk3ho3
2) It's too dark. You don't see anything outside the buildings. It is a cool feature aesthetic-wise, but gameplay-wise it is a terrible decision. Remember that players may have different graphics settings and therefore they will see those areas differently. Try to play your map with low graphics settings and you will understand. Besides, players will find it unpleasant. This is one of the reasons why we don't have such maps approved.
3) Closed windows let light through them. You can fix it by putting a wall inside the door like this: http://prntscr.com/mk3b4v
4) Top left area doesn't look like it's a part of an actual buidling. I mean original urbanwar tries to represent an actual city environment while buidlings have flat floors and stairs like in real life. But your long stairs that end up with a closed window and a cliff (?) just don't look like they belong to this building.
5) That waterslide at the bottom clearly doesn't belong to the map too. It's urbanwar, not aquapark or some gunshop map.
6) You didn't fix the camp spots. Moreover you added new ones - http://prntscr.com/mk3fa7
7) Colored backgrounds don't belong too. 99% of the map use default backgrounds, but then there is this one line that is clearly out of general style - http://prntscr.com/mk3gwg
8) Original urbanwar had two main weapons - Pistol CS-Pro and Assault Rifle CS-RC. It was Raffine's choice to have those weapons and if we are remaking his map we should respect it. This means we should stick to those weapons, not add snipers or AVs or anything else.
9) I don't know what kind of trigger did you use for that hint message about alternative gameplay, but make sure it is this one, and max calls of target trigger is set to 1. Otherwise player will see it each new round restart in COOP gamemode - http://prntscr.com/mk3qrz
10) Plants that you removed were Raffine's choice too. Again, we should respect it. And why can't you see how beautiful they really are? Well, at least you didn't add teleporters. That's a good thing. I guess you understood that they would ruin the gameplay?
11) Double climb points don't look good. It's better to fix them - http://prntscr.com/mk3xbu http://prntscr.com/mk3y3p
12) Impure Canals and Panel Default backgrounds aren't a part of original urbanwar so it's the best to avoid using them.
13) Same as 12) but for wall lamp decorations.
14) Eric said that gun mods are not allowed in approved maps.
15) Original urbanwar's main problem was the lines of fire. They are too long. Your map has the same issue - http://prntscr.com/mk465e

Eric is now aware that we are working on a remake of urbanwar, so we better work together. Instead of creating multiple topics and doubleposting for attention, its better if we stick to my topic - viewtopic.php?f=167&t=22536
User avatar
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 142
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby phsc » 12 February 2019, 17:36

Jason Eden wrote:1) The map does not look like Raffine-urbanwar anymore. It is an entirely different map now. Original urbanwar looks like this: http://prntscr.com/mk3ho3

MAYBE THAT IS WHY THIS IS A REMAKE! WHAT A deliciously exquisite pizza sauce GENIUS WE GOT HERE GIVE HIM THE NOBEL ALREADY

2) It's too dark. You don't see anything outside the buildings. It is a cool feature aesthetic-wise, but gameplay-wise it is a terrible decision. Remember that players may have different graphics settings and therefore they will see those areas differently. Try to play your map with low graphics settings and you will understand. Besides, players will find it unpleasant. This is one of the reasons why we don't have such maps approved.

I have no problems and I let my monitors brightness quite low, I can increase the background a little bit tho, I asked like three people if it was too dark and increased it until it was decent according to them.

3) Closed windows let light through them. You can fix it by putting a wall inside the door like this: http://prntscr.com/mk3b4v

That is intended for visual effects.

4) Top left area doesn't look like it's a part of an actual buidling. I mean original urbanwar tries to represent an actual city environment while buidlings have flat floors and stairs like in real life. But your long stairs that end up with a closed window and a cliff (?) just don't look like they belong to this building.

Why? why does it not look like one? have you ever been to a real life industrial building? that is supposed to be a slope-like area, since I cannot use slopes, lets do that, not sure if you know but if it is the darkest and most dangerous places of a urban city it tends to be heavily industrial looking, look at the original map description.

5) That waterslide at the bottom clearly doesn't belong to the map too. It's urbanwar, not aquapark or some gunshop map.

Yes lets make the map boring and remove a feature that is interesting to use and adds a lot of tactical element most for COOP, and clearly a futuristic sewer system cannot use gravitators to transport water and if you fall on am odern sewer that has momentum applied to it you won't be carried away.

6) You didn't fix the camp spots. Moreover you added new ones - http://prntscr.com/mk3fa7

Top left part is not a camping spot, really easy to counter, many players go there, nades always end up there, top and bottom lanes have advatages, I'm sure you didn't play the map tho.
The sewers area is not a camping spot and can be really easy to counter with grenades and that window which has a sniper near it.
Top stairs area is also easy to counter considering that roof area can be penetrated, again of course grenades can create some space and sniper rifles make in a general way camping way harder in the map.
That bottom right part is also not a camping spot, it is actually terrible, 3 angles of fire and 2 which can throw grenades at you.

7) Colored backgrounds don't belong too. 99% of the map use default backgrounds, but then there is this one line that is clearly out of general style - http://prntscr.com/mk3gwg

That is a drain for the sewers, and why is it CLEARLY out of style? arguments? it follows the general colour pallete, I think what I didn't make so sure is the water and I will change its color to a darker that is also easier to see.

8) Original urbanwar had two main weapons - Pistol CS-Pro and Assault Rifle CS-RC. It was Raffine's choice to have those weapons and if we are remaking his map we should respect it. This means we should stick to those weapons, not add snipers or AVs or anything else.

Yes we should worship Raffine for sure because his map clearly has no flaws at all! please give me his adress so I can go there and suck his cock please, we need to create a religion for him!
AV-135s fits the map style more, snipers are amazing for fixing issues the original map has and increasing the skillcap (something you don't even care because you suck at PB2, not like this is an argument just an observation).
If you want Raffine to be respected approve his original map, which is flawed and is easily abused, as your version is also really trashy, campy and has a lot of spawnkill problems, mine doesn't.

9) I don't know what kind of trigger did you use for that hint message about alternative gameplay, but make sure it is this one, and max calls of target trigger is set to 1. Otherwise player will see it each new round restart in COOP gamemode - http://prntscr.com/mk3qrz

Actually this is a valid thing and I guess, thank you!

10) Plants that you removed were Raffine's choice too. Again, we should respect it. And why can't you see how beautiful they really are? Well, at least you didn't add teleporters. That's a good thing. I guess you understood that they would ruin the gameplay?

I don't give two deliciously exquisite pizza sauce about Raffine's choice, we should not respect it, there is no reason to respect it, they are beautiful? why? beauty is subjective, teleporters are not needed when you have water parks, right?

11) Double climb points don't look good. It's better to fix them - http://prntscr.com/mk3xbu http://prntscr.com/mk3y3p

I don't care, the building looks more natural with double climb points.

12) Impure Canals and Panel Default backgrounds aren't a part of original urbanwar so it's the best to avoid using them.

YES PLEASE LETS WORSHIP RAFFINE MORE AND MORE HE WAS A GENIUS AHEAD OF HIS TIME WITH AN IQ OF 500 WHAT A GENIUS can you please understand that things are not perfect and can and should be changed? there is a piece by Handel from his Harpsichord suite in C minor that is the passacaglia, it has small tempo problems in the original version as well as small dissonant notes that are just not perfect, if you fix them the piece if perfect, thing is, you can play it on a piano since at the time Handel was alive, that was not a thing, and well, guess? it is also amazing on piano! not sure if you can understand what a metaphor is because I am unironically starting to think you have autism because you take everything literally.

13) Same as 12) but for wall lamp decorations.

AGAIN NOT VALID

14) Eric said that gun mods are not allowed in approved maps.

Staff says we can, I trust the approval guidelines more than Eric and I won't lie, all you do is go to Eric so he can agree with you on things because staff don't like you mostly becuase of your behaviour and I'm sure if Eric knew who you are and how you act in a general way he would not support you that much, and what about we talk to Eric about modded guns? aren't you the one who also likes sucking on Hikarikaze's coc I mean vag I mean you got it, and Hikarikaze also would like modded guns into approved maps, I remember she mentioned that in one of her last maps that are combat oriented.

15) Original urbanwar's main problem was the lines of fire. They are too long. Your map has the same issue - http://prntscr.com/mk465e

And again you did not play the map, it is way bigger, the accuracy of guns and slower rate of fire compensate for it, there are many small pieces of cover that are supposed to be used agaisn't these things because it is a urban war, it is supposed to be like that, aren't you the one who sucks on Raffine's cock? that is not the problem of the original map, it is the fast firing CS-RCs with many camping spots, the map is also way bigger and you can just kill a spammer with a sniper rifle easily.
And many of these lines you drew have 3px walls/doors in them, making so only snipers(which won't use their laser to indicate someone is there) and pistols can hit, you probably did also not play because of that.

Eric is now aware that we are working on a remake of urbanwar, so we better work together. Instead of creating multiple topics and doubleposting for attention, its better if we stick to my topic - viewtopic.php?f=167&t=22536

No, I don't like your version, Ditzy, Artichokecat and Kiriakos also think your version is not the best, I won't work with you and I have the right not to, there are people like Incompetence making other versions and unlike you I'm sure he is not going to suck on Raffines cock and do an APPEAL TO TRADITION also known as ARGUMENTUM AD ANTIQUITATEM for everything, you really do need use your Googling skills to learn more about logical fallacies.

So again, you do a bunch of not valid critics as you did in Ditzy's tox map, most which are purely subjective or logical fallacies, and then you don't reply to my critics to your maps, and just suck on people who are your "friends" or something, what a god, I like how you try to do this with me and Ditzy because we are better at everything than you but ok, I won't judge, please bring it on again, you did give a valid critic which I am going to fix now.

EDIT: The max calls of the triggers are already set at 1, I think I can use session vars so it doesn't repeat.
EDIT 2: I fixed it using session variables, thank you for pointing that out, but half a thanks because one part of your critic was wrong and the method of fixing the "wrong" thing in my map was already being applicated and doesn't work in COOP that way, a special thanks to Eric Gurt our lord and saviour for adding sessions variables to PB2.
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Tiananmen Square

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby phsc » 12 February 2019, 19:50

Even tho most of your critics were invalid, after playing the map I realized I did not enjoy a small thing that is present in all realwar versions and decided I'd fix it by reworking it.
A thing that is very common in urban ambients are stairs, mostly poor areas, if the map is set in a violent urban area I assume it is indeed poor, anyway.

Staff I would like you guys not to merge my current post with my reply as it is about updates I made to the map.

There was a hole in the sewer exist corridor, I made so you can use it as cover, not only that but I reworked almost entirely the top right region removing that small bit of roof that was very annoying and now the current stairs oriented part is pretty hard to camp considering the knockback of the AV-135 and how easy it is to be sniped mostly from a top attack.
I also made the pusher that goes top in the sewer tunnel slighty slower.
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Tiananmen Square

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby Jason Eden » 13 February 2019, 09:50

phsc wrote:*nonsense*

First of all, chill. Secondly, watch your tongue when you're talking to me. Thirdly, it would be better if you could swallow your teenager pride for a second and rethink those 15 issues I've written about with a cool head. Afterall, I'm more experienced in level editor than you, Artichokecat, Ditzy and Kiriakos all together, especially in design-related questions. And you should be grateful that I've decided to spend my time to test your map and write a review to help you fix it. I don't expect you to do what I've said because you're clearly seeking for my attention and trying to prove your right any way possible. Most of your arguments look either like this "yes, it is bad technically but it looks so cool" or "everything is subjective, shut up" or "those three guys say opposite". It is normal in your age, I understand, but, God, how annoying it is. I ignore your messages mainly because of that reason, not because I consider your arguments stronger. You're just a child who tries to operate complicated things while having no idea how simple things work. I may start talking to you when you come to me and answer the question "why drugs (including alcohol, cigarettes and unhealthy food) should be prohibited?". It may take years, but until then, I don't see a reason to give you any of my time. You're too young and inexperienced in life, so I don't see a reason to feed your ego. Remember this. I'm not going to repeat it. If you want to become a worthy person, start with getting a sense of justice, then learn politics (don't forget to pay attention to how disinformation works), sociology and psychology (always compare information with your personal life experience, because sometimes people who write these books do not know what they write about), and economics. Always doubt everything and trust no one. Never let bias make decisions for you. That's a hint. Use it wisely.

Anyway, yeah, that hint text appears on each COOP restart, my bad. I tested another system and it doesn't requires the usage of session vars. Session vars are of course useful, but I'm not quite sure if they are suitable for approved maps as they are quite new to this game and can break any moment or may have other problems coming with them. The value of regular variable doesn't change on each COOP round restart, so you can use it if you want.

Here is how it looks:
Spoiler: Show More





I tested it and it works in DM and COOP gamemodes.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 142
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby phsc » 13 February 2019, 15:08

oh boy this is going to be fun!

Jason Eden wrote:
phsc wrote:*nonsense*

Nonsense? did you ever read anything you have ever said? look at the PB2 memes post.

Anyway, I am going to use a lot of a logical fallacy because it can be important in this case, it has a use but not as an argument, ok? it's tu quoque.

Jason Eden wrote:First of all, chill.

Why don't you chill?(tu quoque)
For real, you spend a lot of time in this game calling staff imcompetent and making terrible maps, and then "criticizing" maps from people you don't like instead of making yours better, hmmm, yeah I am definely the one who needs to chill!

Jason Eden wrote:Secondly, watch your tongue when you're talking to me.

Why don't you watch your tongue when talking to me or to staff?(tu quoque)
Again I don't need to obey your orders my lord! I can only obey Raffine!!!

Jason Eden wrote:Thirdly, it would be better if you could swallow your teenager pride for a second and rethink those 15 issues I've written about with a cool head.

OH YES AD HOMINEM PLEASE BRING IT ON I'M A TEENAGER WHO HAS TO RETHINK THAT BECAUSE CLEARLY I DID NOT UNDERSTAND AND THE PROBLEM IS WITH ME NOT WITH YOU RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!!!
I replied to them and you did not reply to my replies unqualifying them.

Jason Eden wrote:Afterall, I'm more experienced in level editor than you, Artichokecat, Ditzy and Kiriakos all together, especially in design-related questions.

APPEAL TO AUTHORITY BUT IT IS SOME WEIRD FORM OF NARCISSISM
I don't give two deliciously exquisite pizza sauce about how big your pizza sauce is, what matters is the sexual experience you give me.
You're a nobody, you're a loser too, your maps are terrible, you are a joke on this ocmmunity, you don't have experience in map making, all your maps are terrible, that realistic war map of yours was crap and nobody had the balls to say it, you're terrible at triggers and also at decoration AND ALSO AT MAP DESIGN, your urbanwar is the worst version of all and I'm not the only one who says that, you keep abusing logical fallacies at EVERY SINGLE THING YOU SAY, and why are you better than all of us 4? why? you don't explain things, you throw them around like they are your lovely dogmas, USE LOGIC AND FACTS, your maps are bad, simple as that, Ditzy is an amazing map maker, Artichokecat might not be an amazing map maker but he gives interesting points of view and critics and Kiriakos is like a mix of the two.

Jason Eden wrote:And you should be grateful that I've decided to spend my time to test your map and write a review to help you fix it.

Yes I should it is indeed really funny reading the shit you type.
For real, go to a psychologist/psychiatrist, you are very likely to have a narcissistic disorder, look at that you just wrote, holy crap.

Jason Eden wrote:I don't expect you to do what I've said because you're clearly seeking for my attention and trying to prove your right any way possible.

Yes, I clearly do that just because I want your attention not because I have fun refuting and witnessing your ignorance, and clearly after I make a post IceR does not make fun of you or something like that.
And I don't want you to prove I am right, I WANT YOU TO PROVE I AM WRONG BUT WITH ACTUAL ARGUMENTS
There is a name for the fallacy where you assume the other side is too dumb so you don't argue, I forgot the name, or just make so that person has to reread everything until they understand, it is not my fault, it is yours for not using actual arguments.

Jason Eden wrote:Most of your arguments look either like this "yes, it is bad technically but it looks so cool" or "everything is subjective, shut up" or "those three guys say opposite".

NOT EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE, but concepts such as beauty are, you could try to argue from a a priori or a posteriori view that uses logic, but you just throw your dogmas all around, PB2 SHOULD BE REALISTIC! THAT LOOKS BAD! 2X2 STYLE!

Jason Eden wrote:It is normal in your age

Generalized ad hominem.

Jason Eden wrote:I understand, but, God, how annoying it is.

-insert generic to choque argument from me
You don't understand me, you don't understand anything at all, you don't even understand WHAT AD HOMINEM IS.

Jason Eden wrote:I ignore your messages mainly because of that reason, not because I consider your arguments stronger.

Then refute them if they are not stronger, it is not about how strong something is, that is purely subjective, it is about what makes sense and what doesn't, a priori argumentation, what is true and what is false.
In theory that is a form of the non causae ut causae fallacy.
REFUTE ME.

Jason Eden wrote:You're just a child who tries to operate complicated things while having no idea how simple things work.

Ad hominem! -insert tu choque argument from me again.
Why don't I know? why do you know? what is simple? what is complex? all you do is walk around with your dogmas and your crappy common sense, please, think.

Jason Eden wrote:I may start talking to you when you come to me and answer the question "why drugs (including alcohol, cigarettes and unhealthy food) should be prohibited?".

They should not.
Read the book Human Action, by Ludwig Von Mises.
They should not! not only it generates profit as humans will still want to use drugs! not everybody needs to be healthy, people can choose a hedonistic style of life, they don't need to follow what you say, or what the government says, and it would stop all the drug wars.
You don't even have an argument, you are the one who is biased, show to me facts and logic, a priori argumentation with bits of a posteriori, and I guess, read Critique of Pure Reason by Kant too if you don't understand these terms.
And if you actually read both, I'm sure you will remove that crappy idealistic marxist signature you use, ridiculous.

Jason Eden wrote:It may take years

This is a fallacy that I forgot the name that is supposed to make something look hard and I won't achieve it, it is really bad, and yeah, it may take years for you to stop being narcissistic and ignorant too! I love how I can reply to everything you do using the tu quoque fallacy.

Jason Eden wrote:but until then, I don't see a reason to give you any of my time.

Non causae ut causae, again.
There is no reason for anything, nihilism my dude, nihilism, you as a human should give meaning to things.

Jason Eden wrote:You're too young and inexperienced in life

Ad hominem and some form of appeal to authority again? what is your age? show me your face then, I want proof of your age, and even then, it does not matter, a 12 year old can be smarter than a 24 year old easily, and it depends on what kind of intelligence, the 12 year old Mozart was way smarter - in a sense of musical intelligence - that most composers at age 70.

Jason Eden wrote:so I don't see a reason to feed your ego. Remember this. I'm not going to repeat it. If you want to become a worthy person.

I dont care about my ego, you care about yours, you are offending me with what is true to you, that is a pretty common concept in psychology, and your concept of worthy person is different from mine, it is subjective, and one is not better than another, maybe we could use ethics in this argument but then PB2s ethics doesn't consider your concept of worthy person.

Jason Eden wrote:start with getting a sense of justice

Why? what is justice? what is fair? pure human concepts that work mostly by the use of cognitive biases that generate logical fallacies, there is a pragmatistic point of view that is, we should make humanity work and then we have a society that works fine for everybody to do their parts and have lifes, and yeah that is why we have governments, we don't really need them but that is not the point, and well there are the rules they impose, that anarchists say the society would impose too, and we follow them so things work well, but justice is subjective again.

Jason Eden wrote:then learn politics (don't forget to pay attention to how disinformation works), sociology and psychology (always compare information with your personal life experience, because sometimes people who write these books do not know what they write about), and economics.

Politics are useless and a bunch of crap, deliciously exquisite pizza sauce politicians they all are a bunch of robbers, criminals, and cancerous human beings, I know sociology and psychology really well! yes, people who write books don't know what they write about because CLEARLY YOU DO, and clearly one does not verify what they learn in books, right? and that is purely a posteriori and empiric method(it is valid on sciences tho, but absolute ones, not human), if we follow that we achieve communism and then a lot of stuff is just subjective with empiricism.

Jason Eden wrote:Always doubt everything and trust no one.

Tu quoque.
Also, always doubt yourself too.
I like how I was doubting you but you don't practice critical thinking you have a illusion that you do tho.

Jason Eden wrote:Never let bias make decisions for you. That's a hint. Use it wisely.

Tu quoque.
Wiseness is subjective, bias should lead you to decisions if you want it to because then you will very likely feel way better following your biases and feel way better for your life and some people just can't take harsh truths.

Jason Eden wrote:Anyway, yeah, that hint text appears on each COOP restart, my bad. I tested another system and it doesn't requires the usage of session vars.

Ok, I will still use them, it works!

Jason Eden wrote:Session vars are of course useful, but I'm not quite sure if they are suitable for approved maps as they are quite new to this game and can break any moment or may have other problems coming with them.
[/quote]
Yes because Eric is going to add them for no reason KNOWING THEY ARE DEFECTIVE, you have no logical arguments agaisn't them other than the lovely argumentum ad antiquitatem you always use, it is new so it must not be good and old is always good.

And then, please, refute me, with actual arguments.

I can give you PDFs for Critique of Pure Reason and Human Action if you want to, this is some form of appeal to authority but it is really too much information for me to explain to an alienated being such as you as you are very likely to ignore all what I say as you always do, so I guess Kant and Mises, really smart and important people, with their authority values, might make so your cognitive bias that generates the appeal to authority fallacy makes so you trust them more than me.

I kinda did an argumentum ad populum with the Ditzy, Artichokecat and Kiriakos thing, but the thing is, they did verify and give me ideas to fix problems, mostly Ditzy, you did not do anything that is valid, the camping spots are not camping spots, one of them in theory, also there was another actual camping spot taht you did not even see because I'm sure you did not play the map, it was not about many people liking the thing yet the fact that I accept valid critics.

And thats it.
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Tiananmen Square

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby Kazy » 13 February 2019, 15:48

Jason Eden wrote: * *

I like how you literally have not a single approved map by your own, are probably just another 16 y/o on the internet, are not part of anything linked to being site staff, nor have I ever seen you in this place before.
Remind me, who are you again?
Can you approve maps?
Can you make maps where you do not constantly die of fall damage?
Do you have approved maps yourself?
No?
Spoiler: Show More
- if you read this, you can read.
User avatar
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo
 
Posts: 255
Joined: 8 November 2015, 00:27
Location: .-.-.-.-.

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby Jason Eden » 13 February 2019, 16:02

*sigh* Why am I even wasting my time... Okay, Phsc, I'll prove you wrong one time and spend a few more minutes on you, but this is the last time I do this.

phsc wrote:
Jason Eden wrote:2) It's too dark. You don't see anything outside the buildings. It is a cool feature aesthetic-wise, but gameplay-wise it is a terrible decision. Remember that players may have different graphics settings and therefore they will see those areas differently. Try to play your map with low graphics settings and you will understand. Besides, players will find it unpleasant. This is one of the reasons why we don't have such maps approved.

I have no problems and I let my monitors brightness quite low, I can increase the background a little bit tho, I asked like three people if it was too dark and increased it until it was decent according to them.

I pointed out the issue about players having different graphics settings and therefore they will experience the map differently because of that. Your counter argument was this: "Well, I have no problem with this and three random guys said it's okay." This is not even a counter argument, but you for some reason consider it being one. Now watch what do players see with high graphics (A) and players with low graphics (B). And then, please explain me how did you win that argument, because I don't understand your logic. You literally don't see anything with high graphics, and any Staff member will tell you that it makes the map unfair towards players with high graphics.
(A)

(B)


I can spend a whole hour to explain why are you wrong in other cases, but since you make so stupid mistakes such as the one above, why should I do that? I don't think I should waste my time. There is a mess in your head.

Kazy wrote:blablabla

Go write your bs somewhere else, insect.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 142
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-urbanwar

Postby tehswordninja » 13 February 2019, 16:08

Jason, you've been warned. Don't continue your behaviour or you will receive a ban.

It's clear this topic has devolved into nothing but pointless arguments. A general warning to all involved: Please don't continue these arguments. It doesn't get anywhere and has turned a simple approval request topic into a shitshow.

Therefore, topic locked. Far as I'm aware, this won't impact the validity of the map being approved or not, so don't worry in that regard.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
User avatar
tehswordninja
Moderator
 
Posts: 697
Joined: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Location: Witty tagline


Return to Map Approval Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users