About map rating

Feedback & Ideas about Custom Maps.

About map rating

Postby kirill345 » 18 July 2021, 17:51

Maybe it's time to make any changes to the map rating system? Im sick of idiots that rates maps 1 or 2 without any reason. Reporting is not helps ABSOLUTELY. It's time to do something in this direction, don't you think? Although it is banal to create a commission of map's rates: if a map is rated 1 or 2, then specially selected people (members of the commission) receive a letter with a link to the rate on map's page. They have the right to assign this rate to be "fair" or "unfair". In order for the rate to be removed from the map, need to collect a certain minimum value of the "unfair" marks. It remains only to collect a commission from active and adequate users, add the ability of the administration to delete rate on the maps and a system for tracking the rating value and automatic mailing - that's all! Such a system can be implemented in a week of unhurried work!
kirill345
Recruit

Re: About map rating

Postby Kyb » 22 July 2021, 22:14

It takes time for the selected members of the commission to figure out whether people are being genuine or whether they are trolling. Honestly, if people actually put effort into their maps, then I don't see why there should be people who rate 1 or 2. It isn't really a big deal.
kyb
Kyb
Recruit

Postby kirill345 » 23 July 2021, 12:57

No matter how much effort you put into the map, anyway there will be some people who will just put 1 or 2 stars. And yea, by the way, you put enough effort into your maps, right? Then why do I see ratings with 1 or 2 stars on them?
Under any conditions and in any situation, do not lose heart and try to be better!
kirill345
Recruit

Postby nightmar » 2 October 2021, 07:05

Kyb wrote:It takes time for the selected members of the commission to figure out whether people are being genuine or whether they are trolling. Honestly, if people actually put effort into their maps, then I don't see why there should be people who rate 1 or 2. It isn't really a big deal.

Usually they rage votes map because they do not like their developer for some external reason.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Civil-Lite » 4 October 2021, 11:32

To put it simply, ratings on a map does not necessarily determine whether how good or bad the map is. Despite how much time and effort is put into development of one’s creation, not all people may see things eye to eye - some individuals will give out low ratings for the general dislike of another, whereas others will have a genuine reason for doing so. Whether you like it or not, it does not matter. In my opinion, what really matters is any relevant feedback and advice you’re given from others for the map, as well as your own thoughts on how you can work towards those improvements in the near future. Above all, if you truly care about the ratings and such then that’s all down to you.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby yi en » 7 October 2021, 05:19

As far as how [censored] up the rating mechanism and logic is, I would like to tell you that you don't have to take a single care onto the map rating, specially when player voted your map 1 star (aka rage vote). Cuz you are not really using that thing as your money, or even used that rating system when you are applying a job lmao.

As those rage voters are having fun onto something literally no harm towards someone else life, don't let their action changes your life. Just move on and get something else better.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Silk1 » 7 October 2021, 08:38

people still make maps in 2021, props to you people. *applauds*

expect some trollers or ragevoters out there, I got 1 or 3 ragevoters and I did not give a crap about it. i mean if the 1 rate comes with a criticism, i could accept that.

pretty weird that people would beg for 5 stars in 2021 but ok. now let me just brainstorming an idea that will totally get implemented in ALE.

expecting more 100+ maps of generic cs vs alien triple A story. bla bla bla
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Custom Maps