Have the ability to make your own trigger actions...

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Have the ability to make your own trigger actions...

Postby Yex » 19 August 2020, 07:56

I think having the ability to make your own trigger actions would greatly give freedom to map making and overall kinda like puzzles where you connect for example let's say you wanted to set variable 'A' to the id of object 'B' as an example or more and with that, you can connect perimeter 'A' action with perimeter 'B' essentially combine them together.
Would love to see something like this in PB2.5/3 perhaps. A really cool idea and an amazing feature perhaps allowing map making to make custom trigger actions and maybe perhaps coding in general and share customized trigger actions with others perhaps as well as combing different trigger actions together would greatly give freedom to map making and more complex mechanics.
Now I really want to die. Just to get out of this embarrassment.
Don't talk to me.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Have the ability to make your own trigger actions...

Postby Zibuya » 20 August 2020, 00:24

To be honest, it does sound good, however: i think a trigger function is based of a specific script that actually executes the function itself. (If this would be the case, most probably) imagine making your own trigger function, which might mean, that you have to create your own Scripts. Rather sounds quite possible at first, but who knows.

Zibuya
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Have the ability to make your own trigger actions...

Postby nightmar » 21 August 2020, 17:08

Zibuya wrote:To be honest, it does sound good, however: i think a trigger function is based of a specific script that actually executes the function itself. (If this would be the case, most probably) imagine making your own trigger function, which might mean, that you have to create your own Scripts. Rather sounds quite possible at first, but who knows.

Zibuya is right, however I believe it should be possible for us to make our own trigger actions, if instead of ready trigger actions with both parameters, we would be given the parameters separately and be able to combine them at will.

For example there are the trigger actions "Teleport player A to region B" and "remove all effects from player-initiator". What I suggest is instead of the actions themselves we would have their parameters and the ability to combine them in a trigger action.

we would be able to combine parameter A "character A" and parameter B "remove all effects from"
That way we could build the trigger action "remove all effects from character A"

I have already tried that using the text version, but it only reads actions that already exist as ready.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Level Editor