New trigger ideas!

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

New trigger ideas!

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 11 February 2017, 01:00

PB2.5 is coming, so I really wanted to post out my ideas since I am more preferred to the single player custom levels rather than the multiplayer. So here are my ideas:

Gun > Projectiles of Gun ''A'' will cause an explosion on impact with power ''B''

With this in mind, I could effectively create something similar to ''Explosive Shot'' featured in Star Wars Battlefront with the right power settings made to any automatic/semi-automatic weapon in the game.

Gun > Change projectile ''bullet'' colors launched by Gun ''A'' to ''B'' options:

-Civil Security weaponry

-Correction Nine weaponry (blue)

-Correction Nine weaponry (red)

-Usurpation Weaponry

We could change the colors of the bullets fired from any weapon that can fire bullets. Or if there is a better option, you can have the seperate bullet colors as one of each individual trigger options.

Gun > Change reload time of Gun ''A'' to value '"B'' in seconds

This could have been mentioned a dozen times before, but I sincerely hope that this trigger option was added in PB2.5 if it is coming, you can effectively change the RoF of the affected weapons, and make your OWN weapons with PB2 weapons skins of course in your own single player plot series unrelated to PB2 or whatsoever.

Gun > Change projectile velocity of Gun ''A'' to value ''B''

The standard projectile speed is 60 for all weapons, but with this trigger option, you can change the speed of an individual's weapons without using the gameplay trigger option to actively change the speed of ALL weapons in your custom maps.

Vehicle > Change nickname of Vehicle ''A'' to nickname ''B''

I had not seen this idea suggested by anyone, but this would be self-explanatory at best.

Except for the 3rd idea posted, all other ideas were made up myself, and I hope you guys take a look at these suggestions and see what you think of it. :thank:
Ghost Killer823
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: New trigger ideas!

Postby tehswordninja » 11 February 2017, 03:31

All of these certainly should show up in PB2.5, customization needs to be a major focus. +1
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 11 February 2017, 06:38

tehswordninja wrote:All of these certainly should show up in PB2.5, customization needs to be a major focus. +1

I have several more ideas that could possibly be just as great as these, and yes the character customization has to be the bigger priority.

But following that are these trigger idea suggestions that could easily be implemented if time is put into it.
Ghost Killer823
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mici1234 » 9 July 2020, 17:06

So this is my idea:

JS codes should be supported to Trigger texts.

For example imagine i have 8 railguns with same name but different number starting 1 to 8.

I would need to spam code code code which would result me tired.

So if we do variable we could simply use variables in js like

define gun A = "gun_rifle"
Region_Name = "Region5"
gun[i] = i++
for (i++,i<5){
MoveToRegion(A + gun[i], Region_Name);
}

i would like that to be added so i can get freedoom of being tired.

mici1234
Recruit

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 12 July 2020, 03:50

Your suggestions are all good, but they're also possible with our current trigger actions. You see:

By switching a gun's projectile type to rockets (or energy, for that matter), then changing the projectile MODEL to something else, you could possibly create something that looks like explosive bullets. Also, you can adjust a gun's projectile power with another trigger action, so there.

You can change bullet colors by changing the projectile model with a trigger action without affecting the properties of the projectile, so the change is only visual.

The speed of a gun can be multiplied or decremented to change the reload time and delay between shots.

Trigger actions that change the speed of different projectile TYPES exist, but not for individual weapons (like you said). So this trigger action you're suggesting is a very good idea.

And I like the vehicle trigger.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby nightmar » 13 July 2020, 10:40

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:Your suggestions are all good, but they're also possible with our current trigger actions. You see:

By switching a gun's projectile type to rockets (or energy, for that matter), then changing the projectile MODEL to something else, you could possibly create something that looks like explosive bullets. Also, you can adjust a gun's projectile power with another trigger action, so there.

You can change bullet colors by changing the projectile model with a trigger action without affecting the properties of the projectile, so the change is only visual.

The speed of a gun can be multiplied or decremented to change the reload time and delay between shots.

Trigger actions that change the speed of different projectile TYPES exist, but not for individual weapons (like you said). So this trigger action you're suggesting is a very good idea.

And I like the vehicle trigger.

The problem being with that is that you can not create explosive rails. Also rockets are slower than bullets, so having rockets with bullet model (which in the eye will look like slower bullets) seems off.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Level Editor