Simple and useful functions

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Simple and useful functions

Postby kirill345 » 17 May 2021, 19:57

Hi everyone! When I was developing a new map, I found that sometimes some small, but quite useful functions are missing. I hope you will like these functions and soon they will appear in the level editor.

[center].:GUNS:.[/center]

1.I attach an image on which I highlighted the functions: the blue color highlights those functions that have two versions of execution, this is the assignment of the second action to a certain value or variable. In red, I highlighted the functions that need to add the use of variables because they only use certain values. Adding this features opens up a lot of possibilities related to the customization of weapons.

Most likely it should look like this:

Gun (or Var) > Change Gun 'A' max spread accuracy to value of variable 'B'
Gun (or Var) > Change Gun 'A' added spread accuracy to value of variable 'B' per shot
Gun (or Var) > Change Gun 'A' subtracted spread accuracy to value of variable 'B' over time

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

2.There is another important function that will add more elaboration to the new weapon: the function of the task of the vertical point of the shot, or simply - the height of the weapon. This one will looks like this function:

Gun > Set Gun 'A' length to value 'B'

Gun > Set Gun 'A' height to value 'B'

3.It would also be nice to add the ability to change the direction of the weapon in the editor. It is very strange that it still does not exist, because the characters and vehicles can be directed both to the left and to the right. This function will be important when arranging corpses and their equipment. It looks strange when the character is looking to the left, and his weapon is turned to the right. Also, some images of weapons are drawn for the left side directed weapons.
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

[center].:TIMERS AND CHARACTERS:.[/center]

So far, I can only offer two functions here, but they will be very useful and can save the map from a couple of extra triggers.

1.The first one refers to the timer. Add the ability to set the timer trigger periods using variables. This one will looks like this function:

Timer > Set frequency of calls of Timer 'A' to value 'B'

Timer (or Var) > Set frequency of calls of Timer 'A' to value of variable 'B'

2.The second function has the same purpose as the first, but it focused on the mobility of the character. This one will looks like this function:

Character > Change Character 'A' mobility factor to 'B'

Character (or Var) > Change Character 'A' mobility factor to value of variable 'B'

[center].:VARIABLES:.[/center]

1.A very simple function, but sometimes it will be very useful, especially for gradually appearing text in cutscenes or etc. Allows to reduce the number of triggers related to this appearance of the text. This one will looks like this function:

Var > Set Variable 'A' value to value 'B'

Var > Set Variable 'A' value to string-value 'B'

2.These functions are aimed at reducing the number of triggers on the map. Already existing functions in the editor called "Continue trigger actions execution only if..." completely interrupt further execution of actions, which can sometimes lead to connecting extra triggers, but there is a very useful function that does not stops the actions of the current trigger if the values do not match, but only skips the next action "Skip next trigger action if value of variable 'A' does equals value 'B'". But this function exists only in one version - not equals. It would be nice to add varieties to: greater than, less than, equals to. This one will looks like this functions:

Var > Continue trigger actions execution only if variable 'A' has greater value than value 'B'
Var > Continue trigger actions execution only if value of variable 'A' is less than value 'B'
Var > Continue trigger actions execution only if value of variable 'A' equals value 'B'
Var > Continue trigger actions execution only if value of variable 'A' does not equals to value 'B'

Var > Skip next trigger action if variable 'A' has greater value than value 'B'
Var > Skip next trigger action if value of variable 'A' is less than value 'B'
Var > Skip next trigger action if value of variable 'A' equals value 'B'

[center].:P.S.:.[/center]

So far, this is all that I think is missing for a more detailed creation and optimization of the map at the moment. Perhaps I will add to this list, but besides me, there are also suggestions from other users, with whose ideas and suggestions my opinion coincides. Thank you for your attention and have a good day!
kirill345
Recruit

Re: Simple and useful functions

Postby jeje52 » 22 May 2021, 18:27

Adding this here since it seems related.

Having a variable counterpart for the character and skin part changing trigger actions would save about 600 triggers in the system I want to make.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Level Editor