Newgrounds music requirements

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Newgrounds music requirements

Postby nate123z » 15 February 2020, 04:16

The 10 vote requirement prevents so many hidden gems from being used.

I'm guessing the reason is to prevent people from uploading inappropriate audio, but it doesn't even work. Anyone can use free proxy services like hidemyass to vote 10x on a song to get it past that 10 vote requirement, if they are really determined to upload Kramer's laugh factory rant or something to a pb2 map.

nate123z

Re: Newgrounds music requirements

Postby Girl_Power » 15 February 2020, 08:21

I've never experienced this problem before. You can always choose another song to insert into your map.

I may be going a bit off-topic here and I apologize but how do you add multiple songs into a map without having them all play at the same time? Triggers? Timers? I need some help, thanks!
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby nate123z » 19 February 2020, 01:08

There is a trigger function that will play a specific song mark. It seems to automatically disable any other songs that are playing.

Also, a problem I'm having is quiet songs are barely audible, even if I set volume to 9 million.

nate123z

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 26 May 2020, 18:36

Girl_Power wrote:I've never experienced this problem before. You can always choose another song to insert into your map.

I may be going a bit off-topic here and I apologize but how do you add multiple songs into a map without having them all play at the same time? Triggers? Timers? I need some help, thanks!

Pretty sure only one song will play at a time. If another starts, the previous song will fade away and the next one will begin. I could be wrong, but that should be how it works. Also applies to sound effects; only one can play at a time.

@nate123z
I think the requirement for a song should be down to 5 votes, because if you didn't notice, Newgrounds will show the rating for a song if there are at least 5 votes for it (like how PB2 does it with custom maps, for example). The inconsistency bothers me, because I use a song in Newgrounds, thinking it's all fine and dandy because I can see the rating for it, and then find out it still doesn't have enough votes.

PB2 will show a custom map's rating if there are at least 5 votes for it. Newgrounds shows a song's rating if there are at least 5 votes for it. What do you say we all be friends and ask for only 5 votes to play a song? If you know what I mean.

Yeah, 10 votes is 5 too many in my opinion. It's not a common problem, but still, there's a bunch of "hidden gems" out there that we can't use because it has only 9 votes.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Level Editor