More trigger commands for decor (sprite making)

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

More trigger commands for decor (sprite making)

Postby alj99 » 7 July 2022, 05:41

The ideas i'm going to put up are drawn from this specific purpose; it is to use 1 decor and 1 image for a variety of images, like an array or a bar.

Now then.
Looking at this image, i want you to look for two things:
Bottom left and bottom right.

The left one is a health bar and the right one is a visual ammo bar.
The problem is the fact that there is no practical way to do these.

The right one ended up using 4 decors and 8 images for each state (1 bullet, 2 bullet, 3 bullet...) and add 8 more each time for different sprites which to use.

The left one there's just no way to scale it to one direction only with a variable. (That's why it's in the very corner so the width of the bar isn't visible.

I have two ideas for this with different niche which i call are: Partial render and repeat render.

Partial render is pretty straight forward, just show a part of that image.
As to how these are some basic ideas: left, right, up, and down (one of or multiple of this); and radially. Both could use offsets where it ends to.
These could be percentage with 0 rendering all of it and 100 being completely invisible.

Second is repeat render the idea is simple, render the same image again but with offsets.
As to how this could work, the offsets could work as a function of n. Where function of is the equation and n is which render it is.
Perhaps the scale could be adjusted each iteration too.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: More trigger commands for decor (sprite making)

Postby strato026 » 15 July 2022, 16:00

If I understand correctly partial render already exists in PB2 as "masks". And it's a lot flexible solution.
strato026
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights