Walking mode, sit and interact animation, better crouching

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Walking mode, sit and interact animation, better crouching

Postby curiosity » 25 April 2022, 16:19

Must have.

Walking mode: press (___) to stop running and go slower. Good for non-fighting maps like bases and RP.

Sit animation: proper sitting, not crouching like in PB2. Good for RP maps too. Sit on a chair, or edge of the roof.

Interact animation: move your arms to actually do something like pressing buttons (panels with USE word on the screen) or grabbing guns, instead of using telekinesis like in PB2 where you activate panels with the power of your mind.

Better crouching: ever wondered why when you crouch behind the wall to cover from bullets your head is outside and gets shot at? It's because the height of the crouching player is fixed, not flexible. Make it flexiable so player can control how low will he crouch.

If you like the ideas, send the topic link to Eric so he can notice it.

curiosity
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Walking mode, sit and interact animation, better crouchi

Postby ziomke » 4 September 2022, 08:22

curiosity wrote:Must have.

Walking mode: press (___) to stop running and go slower. Good for non-fighting maps like bases and RP.

Sit animation: proper sitting, not crouching like in PB2. Good for RP maps too. Sit on a chair, or edge of the roof.

Even though we will definitely have RP maps in PB3, I don't think that these features are needed because Plazma Burst is still mainly about fighting. But these could be added as an update or smth (so we don't wait longer for kinda pointless features.

Interact animation: move your arms to actually do something like pressing buttons (panels with USE word on the screen) or grabbing guns, instead of using telekinesis like in PB2 where you activate panels with the power of your mind.

I think grabbing guns is already in PB3 and using the buttons will probably be a feature too, if it isn't already.

Better crouching: ever wondered why when you crouch behind the wall to cover from bullets your head is outside and gets shot at? It's because the height of the crouching player is fixed, not flexible. Make it flexiable so player can control how low will he crouch.

Good idea i guess, but how do you want the player to control the height? Perhaps with the mouse?

http://plazmaburst2.com/images/professor.png
ziomke

Postby alj99 » 4 September 2022, 09:35

ziomke wrote:

Even though we will definitely have RP maps in PB3, I don't think that these features are needed because Plazma Burst is still mainly about fighting. But these could be added as an update or smth (so we don't wait longer for kinda pointless features.

It's an aight feature i guess. If i were to give walking a practical feature, it could be silent. Hopefully make a game mechanic that makes sneaking and back stabbing possible (not CS-Ghost). Slower than running but faster than crouching.

ziomke wrote:

Good idea i guess, but how do you want the player to control the height? Perhaps with the mouse?

Cursiosity's way of putting it. It's like an absolute truth or some thing.

Anyways, i'm don't think this is really necessary. You'd need a button to adjust the height of your crouching and lastly, this is an issue that is tackled by the map makers. And if you do need to go lower, prone is an option. It's wack in pb2 since it's just ragdoll but could be change to be something more reactive.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Nozzle » 4 September 2022, 13:22

ziomke wrote:

I think grabbing guns is already in PB3 and using the buttons will probably be a feature too, if it isn't already.

the last one, maybe middle mouse? idk
We do a little waiting for pb2.5/3.

Nozzle

Postby alj99 » 4 September 2022, 13:24

No you got the gun scrolling. I don't need an overcomplicated crouching anyways.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Nozzle » 4 September 2022, 13:25

alj99 wrote:No you got the gun scrolling. I don't need an overcomplicated crouching anyways.

alr rip
We do a little waiting for pb2.5/3.

Nozzle

Postby medusahead » 1 April 2023, 03:52

alj99 wrote:No you got the gun scrolling. I don't need an overcomplicated crouching anyways.

So you would rather ragdoll with X like an idiot? Its slow and you cannot aim properly with it. And it even looks dumb when you do it. Imagine if someone was doing like this irl, that would be just cringe.

IRL you can crouch and cover behind walls of any height and they actually save you from bullets, but in PB2 you just half-crouch and pull your head out from cover so your enemy can aim practice on it. This needs to change otherwise PB3 combat will be just as sh*t as PB2 one.
medusahead
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby wires memelord » 4 April 2023, 23:14

medusahead wrote:

So you would rather ragdoll with X like an idiot? Its slow and you cannot aim properly with it. And it even looks dumb when you do it. Imagine if someone was doing like this irl, that would be just cringe.

IRL you can crouch and cover behind walls of any height and they actually save you from bullets, but in PB2 you just half-crouch and pull your head out from cover so your enemy can aim practice on it. This needs to change otherwise PB3 combat will be just as sh*t as PB2 one.

yes :-)
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Feedback and Insights