right mouse button usage

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

right mouse button usage

Postby yizhe » 9 June 2020, 13:20

Would it be good to have the option of using your right mouse button in pb2.5? some things i have in mind would be alternating rapid fire and burst fire. (fun fact: Archetype 27XX s conceptually intended to be a single shot slug-firing rifle with an alternate shotgun firing mode as stated in the wiki.) Or using right click to melee someone with bayonets that are attached to guns. What if it we could right click, just to see further ahead but not shoot? Maybe it could be use for rifles with grenade launchers too? maybe in multiplayer mode, right click to mark a location? in singleplayer mode, right click to get your allies to move to that location or look at that location or...wow...the more i type the more ideas pops out :D

Let me know what you think of these ideas, and if any ideas that you have about right mouse button.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: right mouse button usage

Postby BlasterCat » 9 June 2020, 13:37

Or AIM,when you press it your charcater become slower(0.900) but rapid fire is more small.

BlasterCat
Recruit

Postby ECC9 » 9 June 2020, 13:39

this should go to ideas and feedback section but yeah not bad ideas
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Girl_Power » 9 June 2020, 21:32

This would be a great feature to add. All the Raze and Strike Force Heroes games have a right-click feature, it would be nice if PB2 considered having a right-click option as well.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 10 June 2020, 00:58

Girl_Power wrote:This would be a great feature to add. All the Raze and Strike Force Heroes games have a right-click feature, it would be nice if PB2 considered having a right-click option as well.

They did?! :O
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby BlasterCat » 10 June 2020, 10:32

Girl_Power wrote:This would be a great feature to add. All the Raze and Strike Force Heroes games have a right-click feature, it would be nice if PB2 considered having a right-click option as well.

THEY HAD THIS FEATURE??Wtf when i played(i played many time) i didnt know theres something with right click

BlasterCat
Recruit

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 17 June 2020, 17:50

Well, anyways, I never needed to use it. Going off topic, I had an HAMR scope in SFH2 with 50% zoom increase. Enough to put my character off screen.
Personally, I think that the current vision range is enough, but if PB2.5 will add attachments, then perhaps this can be a feature exclusive to certain attachments. Like the sniper rifles with their telescopic sights; right clicking will allow you to see farther ahead, further flexing your advantage at long range. And if you can get your hands on something like an ACOG scope for an AR, then you can zoom in a bit as well (like with the PHANX Rifle).

yizhe wrote:Would it be good to have the option of using your right mouse button in pb2.5? some things i have in mind would be alternating rapid fire and burst fire. (fun fact: Archetype 27XX s conceptually intended to be a single shot slug-firing rifle with an alternate shotgun firing mode as stated in the wiki.) Or using right click to melee someone with bayonets that are attached to guns. What if it we could right click, just to see further ahead but not shoot? Maybe it could be use for rifles with grenade launchers too? maybe in multiplayer mode, right click to mark a location? in singleplayer mode, right click to get your allies to move to that location or look at that location or...wow...the more i type the more ideas pops out :D

Anyways, I think right click should be used for ADS.
Maybe with selective fire it should be with a button instead of a mouse click, like shift, or some other easy to reach button that hasn't been used up. To melee you press the "F" key? Also, for underbarrel grenade launchers and the lot, you could just toggle between them by pressing the slot number again (so if you have a grenade launcher mounted on your slot 2 weapon, press 2 to switch to the weapon, and 2 again toggle between grenade launcher and main weapon. As for commands, well, that might require some more advanced pathfinding for the AI, but pretty cool. Maybe it'll be a feature with trigger actions. Just some of my ideas.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby strato026 » 17 July 2021, 22:50

I know this is an old post but, yeah we can make use of RMB usage since it's not a flash game anymore(PB3). If the game is being made in HTML5 then yes we can disable the RMB menu of the browser and make use of the right click. As I said, if the game is going to be on browsers Opera has annoying short actions for right click enabled as default.
strato026
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights