Sword Climbing

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Sword Climbing

Postby MadFoxSK » 17 December 2019, 15:31

Say you have a wall and you need to climb it, so you pull out your swords and press a button to climb the wall, your character puts his sword into the wall and if you press W you go up, and when you press S you go down. I think it would be a good idea!
"How can one create so much mayhem, in just 30 seconds?"

"With a fully upgraded CS-BNG."

MadFoxSK
Recruit

Re: Sword Climbing

Postby LazyRain » 18 December 2019, 12:14

Sounds disbalanced. This means characters are able to climb and stuck on walls as much as they want. It could be fixed if Psi-swords will consume energy for hits. Also this might add some extra calculations for AI path-finding, but probably not much. However would be cool to see an enemy unit with this ability. So it will be kind of passive ability that you can adjust in Level Editor.
Spoiler: Show More
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 27 May 2020, 13:42

Sounds interesting. Maybe it should be like... I don't know... a special ability? Because I heard there's a credit based MP, and more importantly, different types of PSI Swords, so maybe this can be a feature exclusive to only certain swords. Would be a cool little thing to see in SP to spice things up, because in my opinion, PB2's campaign is godawful with its storytelling, and the levels are good but it gets repetitive with 41 (42) levels and little difference between them (although a few stand out). Just run, shoot, explode, and slash your way through them, rinse and repeat.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Girl_Power » 27 May 2020, 20:23

I'm not sure if this would be a good idea. Considering how the game already has wall-jumping and self-boosting, I feel "sword climbing" would be unnecessary to add. Also, this may cause players to cheat and gain unfair advantages amongst other players.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Feedback and Insights