How can cosmetic skins work in PB3?

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

How can cosmetic skins work in PB3?

Postby mrblake213 » 7 April 2021, 14:38

Before going on-topic:
- This post refers to PB2./5 or PB3.
- This assumes that PB2.5 or PB3 would have a Skin Editor, the Advanced Level Editor, and the Decoration workshop and it is similar on how it works on PB2.
- This idea also heavily relies on the concept that the Skin Editor (similar to SD's Skin Editor) and the customized decoration workshop that mapmakers use to input their own customized skins or guns would only work in SP and not in MP.

Currencies:
There could be two currencies in the game, Plazma Coins and Plazma Credits.
Plazma Coins is the basic currency that players can receive for playing the game. Maybe after a certain amount of time/levels or they can receive money after finishing campaign or after playing x amount of time in a ranked/competitive match.
Plazma Credits is the more-expensive currency of PB3 on where it can only be availed by paying money. Similarly on how League of Legend's Riot Points and Valorant's Valorant Points work, players are able to buy it in bundles and they can use it on cosmetic items.
Spoiler: Show More

Character Skins:
Assuming the Skin Editor would look like SD's and any other MMORPG character customizer on where you can edit the helmet, the visor, the torso, the legs, the shoes, the gloves, the sword color, and etc; players can then select from a list of pre-set or free basic customization. Perhaps these customizations are those that can already be seen in the campaign like how PB2's current campaign character customization works. However, if players want to avail better (in terms of design and effects) and more unique customizations then they need to pay it with Plazma Credits. An example, players can choose to use proxy's helmet head or noir lime's helmet for free as their character's helmet. However, they need to pay if they want to use proxy's helmetless head as a their character's helmet in MP.

In games like Deep Rock Galactic or Cyberhunter (see pictures below), players are given a few basic cosmetic items to customize their characters and they'll need to level up, play matches, or buy with credits to unlock several other items.

Weapon Skins:
How can weapon skins work in PB3 with ALE (with the decoration workshop for gun skins only working for SP)?
If a mapmaker has set the Sniper Rifle to be used in his map using the ALE, then everyone without skins would get the default skin of the sniper. But with everyone that has a skin, it would override the default skin and players with a gun skin would be able to use their own skins. It would only override the skin with the same weapon specifications like damage, recoil, and etc.

This would need for players to have their own Gun Inventories. Similar on how Valorant's Inventory works, the default skin would be unlocked and they would need to either buy the skin.

How can currencies work with cosmetic skins?:
There could be two sets of items.
One set would be on where it can be bought with either Plazma Coin or Plazma Credits. Similar on how League of Legend's character store works (see image below), players can either decide to save up to buy that skin or top-up or buy Plazma Credits to get the skin immediately.
The other set would be on where it can only be bought with Plazma Credits. Items in this set are those items with the best effects and design that it could be recognized as an "Ultimate" or a "Rare" item.

What are other things that in-game currency can buy?
In a game like Special Force (see image below), players are able to buy "game items" such as a way to get double exp, a way to customize your crosshair, a way to customize your name's color or putting special effects in your name like a glow (similar on how Xat does it).

So, what do you think about this idea?
What other ideas do you think should be implemented in PB3? Leave a comment below.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Re: How can cosmetic skins work in PB3?

Postby astrodex pl » 8 April 2021, 18:31

is it suggestion or its feature in game
My purpose makes more sense when i look at insanity around that world
astrodex pl
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby mrblake213 » 9 April 2021, 02:37

astrodex pl wrote:is it suggestion or its feature in game

It's a suggestion that can be a possible feature in PB3.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Star Def » 9 April 2021, 14:34

If this idea strikes to battlesuit upgrades on Campaign then it's Nice!

BTW Never heard of the Decoration workshop.
Flash games are cool no?
Star Def
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrblake213 » 9 April 2021, 17:09

Star Def wrote:If this idea strikes to battlesuit upgrades on Campaign then it's Nice!

BTW Never heard of the Decoration workshop.

The decoration workshop is part of ALE on where mapmakers can upload their own decorations to be used on map. It's also why you can see customized characters, guns, skins, vehicles, and etc. on maps.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Da Shaaark » 9 April 2021, 17:22

Do you suggest this for SP mode? Why would anyone want to waste his real life money on a singleplayer map? People want to flex their premium stuff in front of other players in MP. Or did I get you wrong? Sorry, text was too long and confusing. And I hate reading. Anyway I have a better idea on how to monetize the game. Eric should just make a few free default game skins and all the other skins he adds to the game should be premium. They will be accessible for buyers in multiplayer if map maker sets character model to "DM model" in level editor or if map is played in DM gamemode. In singleplayer I think if map maker bought some skin he can add it to his singleplayer map and everybody will be able to play it with skins he bought and added. And maybe add some "gun vending machine item" you can put into your custom map and where players can get their pre-bought premium guns from while playing non-ranked multiplayer maps. Those premium guns won't be accessible in level editor for map makers unless if it's a singleplayer map and map maker bought it. Plus add some other premium stuff. The more the better. Game should be monetized for sure. I think those premium skins and guns can be earned for free too if you play too much and do certain activities, but money way should be an easiest way to get them. Game should push players to pick the easiest way. In ranked mode, yeah, there can be different gunskins for same gun model. Player grab a gun and it magically gets the skin he bought earlier, then if he drops it it gets back to default skin. Something like that. Sorry if I suggested something stupid. I was in a bit of a rush while writing all this and I didn't think it through well
PB2 is dead, SD2D is stillborn, PB3 is doomed

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrblake213 » 9 April 2021, 17:27

Da Shaaark wrote:Do you suggest this for SP mode? Why would anyone want to waste his real life money on a singleplayer map? People want to flex their premium stuff in front of other players in MP. Or did I get you wrong? Sorry, text was too long and confusing. And I hate reading. Anyway I have a better idea on how to monetize the game. Eric should just make a few free default game skins and all the other skins he adds to the game should be premium. They will be accessible for buyers in multiplayer if map maker sets character model to "DM model" in level editor or if map is played in DM gamemode. In singleplayer I think if map maker bought some skin he can add it to his singleplayer map and everybody will be able to play it with skins he bought and added. And maybe add some "gun vending machine item" you can put into your custom map and where players can get their pre-bought premium guns from while playing non-ranked multiplayer maps. Those premium guns won't be accessible in level editor for map makers unless if it's a singleplayer map and map maker bought it. Plus add some other premium stuff. The more the better. Game should be monetized for sure. I think those premium skins and guns can be earned for free too if you play too much and do certain activities, but money way should be an easiest way to get them. Game should push players to pick the easiest way. In ranked mode, yeah, there can be different gunskins for same gun model. Player grab a gun and it magically gets the skin he bought earlier, then if he drops it it gets back to default skin. Something like that. Sorry if I suggested something stupid. I was in a bit of a rush while writing all this and I didn't think it through well

It's for MP.
I think most of your points was mentioned in the post already but it's good insight.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Da Shaaark » 9 April 2021, 17:44

mrblake213 wrote:It's for MP.
I think most of your points was mentioned in the post already but it's good insight.

Oh sorry, me dumb :P
PB2 is dead, SD2D is stillborn, PB3 is doomed

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby astrodex pl » 16 April 2021, 10:15

for me its bad idea pb3 is supposed to be free to play
astrodex pl

Postby mrblake213 » 16 April 2021, 10:18

astrodex pl wrote:for me its bad idea pb3 is supposed to be free to play

PB3 could probably be free to play but then you'll need funds to support the servers.
Most companies and games use microtransactions to make the game free without at least affecting the competitive aspect or gameplay.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby astrodex pl » 16 April 2021, 11:04

i have 2 ideas for pb3
1 idea paid game but you can plazma credits for free and even buy more if you have money for them
2 idea free game but you need to pay for plazma credits so you cant get them for free

15 usd would be good price for pb3

wich one of them is better?
astrodex pl

Postby mrblake213 » 16 April 2021, 15:36

astrodex pl wrote:i have 2 ideas for pb3
1 idea paid game but you can plazma credits for free and even buy more if you have money for them
2 idea free game but you need to pay for plazma credits so you cant get them for free

15 usd would be good price for pb3

wich one of them is better?

ok...
this idea is actually common knowledge now as most games do it this way.
But I think the best for PB3 would be by having the game free and having microtransactions as a way to support the servers.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Nehil » 16 April 2021, 16:40

Adding a currency into the game could work, making the game free to play its the main idea, im aware, and adding a currency to get special skins like for specific weapons or the capacity to buy color palettes for skins in general (PB Character) could work too

Theres a nice example; Warframe
warframe is a free to play game where the developers get money from cosmetic mostly, they limit the players with a default color palette at the beggining (basic colors, light red, light blue, green, gray,) so either they have to progress in the game and spend tons of hours or directly buy them with the currency of the game which is called platinum

I know pb2.5 wont be able to do the same, but its a good idea to start, limited edition skins for weapons, limited color palettes, just as mr blake said up there

In my opinion i agree with this, it would benefit a ton the game, i would suggest to make an event for the community to make different kind of weapons models that exists already so we can somehow help eric with the addition of skins (like some variants of the alien rifle/shotgun, rocket launcher, etc)

also, as addition, i think this idea could be too crazy, but adding something like "companions", just as cosmetic

For example, a mini hound walker that constantly follows you https://prnt.sc/11ixkw1
a mini drone https://prnt.sc/11ixnpp
a mini corvette https://prnt.sc/11ixp5p
a mini r081 https://prnt.sc/11ixqhg
and also the addition of more "companions" like falkok/usurpation drones/hound walkers or others

Also the ability to change the voice of the character with the currency that mrblake suggested, it would be nice to have complete access to the edition of the character

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Gashadokuro » 17 April 2021, 14:22

One must get a job to work, although self-employment exists as well.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby CakeSpider » 2 May 2021, 06:35

This everything sounds awful
CakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCake
CakeSpider
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby wires memelord » 26 January 2022, 01:23

I gotta say, although a lot of these would benefit Eric, I'm not really a fan :|

What's the point of the polygon tool or the SVG importer if players can't use them without paying money or not being able to use it in multiplayer, ect.

It should be a community tool, but not one that everyone can access, I think we all know why...
Maybe some skins will require approval by a moderator/administrator like maps.
I vaguely remember Eric saying in a tweet that there would be a setting for custom skins, if people don't want to see them in multiplayer matches. Be warned this could just be a brain fart based of things I read.

Maybe there could be a social credit systemjoke where respectful and creative players could use more features. Example: https://ibb.co/qkXpvnH
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby broforce1 » 27 January 2022, 20:36

CakeSpider wrote:This everything sounds awful

I kinda agree with you this idea makes the game really complicated lol

so this sort of feature can be implemented easily and it's cool but it might be annoying, that is my opinion anyway...
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Return to Feedback and Insights