XP usage

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

XP usage

Postby Nehil » 4 December 2020, 01:54

I think this would be really useful for 2.5, i mean, why do we have xp? is it worth besides showing a number?

Basically my idea is to introduce the "unlocking" system, for example; color palettes and accesories at the cost of xp, skin edition for weapons (colors at the beggining at the cost of XP for each color added in the weapon), and unlocking skin edition for characters at the cost of XP, this could give activity to the game, make XP grinding something real, not just SP or Kills, which could somehow give activity to the game

How would this work, for example, each skin costs 10 levels of XP (with them you unlock their body parts for free skin editor) and also some exclusive skins with parts of the body that aren't part of the free skin editor, so they're "exclusive" in some way depending of how much progress you have in-game

also another idea that would be nice is unlocking Free Skin editor with the cost of 300 XP levels (as example)
Customization for Jetpacks color with color palettes (and also for weapons as i said before) each color palette and jetpack model with his own XP LVL Price

This could be applied for weapons too in someway (in case that its possible)for example; Alien shotgun has 3 models, Default model (For free), Advanced model (100 levels of XP) Master Model (300 Levels of XP) this could be hard to add, but if its possible, i think it would be a really good idea to see progress on players

With this, improving the XP system would be a thing too, i would recommend to increase the limit of daily XP for the game, giving a bonus XP gain with the SP gain per day (in case that the ranking system doesnt change), XP on assistance for kills, XP bonus gaining (% gained for each action you do in-game such as map making or competitive ambient) For example, depending of which place each player has on Top Challengers (for example on challengers a 10% for staying inside top 10) Top 100 (10%+ for staying between the 80 first places and a +25% for being top 20, +30% for having 3rd, +35% for having 2nd and +40% for having first) and the same going for LDR (LDR top might be reworked too on how does it works)

And with this, much other functions and ways to use Xp inside the game

Basically, using XP as "money" on pb2 for everything, it might add progress to multiplayer and longer content life

This system could be way more extensive, solid and fair, but its just an idea with some examples to let y'all know what i mean with this, so i'd like to see what does community thinks about this

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: XP usage

Postby Gashadokuro » 4 December 2020, 10:37

I've always liked the idea of unlocking certain content via experience, as a reward.

On the other hand I don't think Eric is keen on locking content, be it via paywalls or other methods.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Girl_Power » 4 December 2020, 18:47

Solid idea. I'm sort of neutral to this topic though because I feel like the XP system really doesn't affect how alive or dead PB2 is. Usually, when a completely new player finds PB2, he/she will either find it interesting and keep playing or not interested at all and go back to like Fortnite or something. In other words, I don't think the XP system has much to do with the overall activity of the game.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Gashadokuro » 7 December 2020, 12:59

Oh, you're the Nehil I saw in Stryde.
You're good, but stop trying to vote kick others. That would mean less people to fight.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Nehil » 8 December 2020, 04:19

Oh, actually i've done that just with people with +350 ping, its not about rage or toxicity, but most of the time it means dying against bs on unranked and im trying to hold a good KDr, so yeah, but well, even when i do it, no one gets kicked actually (im the one getting kicked for """"""hacking""""""" most of the time) but this is out of context so lets go back to the main topic

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Galeforce » 8 December 2020, 06:25

i think that this is a really good idea,balem/zeid/nehil. the idea of unlocking skins and colors with xp levels would be a fun but tedious process considering how many guns there might be in pb2.5 but it would encourage addiction which i dont think its wrong as 300 levels is a ton and i think it shouldnt be levels per se but more of xp as levels would be too much now that i think of it but otherwise its fun to grind for rewards
Aww.

Galeforce
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby KARL SERG » 9 December 2020, 15:26

Nehil wrote:Oh, actually i've done that just with people with +350 ping, its not about rage or toxicity, but most of the time it means dying against bs on unranked and im trying to hold a good KDr, so yeah, but well, even when i do it, no one gets kicked actually (im the one getting kicked for """"""hacking""""""" most of the time) but this is out of context so lets go back to the main topic

I remember spectating some matches and you said you were actually cheating by manipulating certain parameters of the game. Also described yourself as cute or whatever, confused the hell out of me.

Anyways, yeah, it would be good if XP unlocked something. It would be nice if it offered you the chance to use modifications for Weapons or your Character like in Intruder Combat Training 2 or Deadswitch 2/3 (rapid fire, longer range, more ammo, faster reload, better grip/aiming, etc). For Characters, it could be faction based modules with some lore attached. And they'd be available to map makers once they unlocked them in campaign or whatever. The only issue is that modding could create some broken, OP things, but that's already something that happens in PB2.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Nehil » 9 December 2020, 17:07

KARL SERG wrote:
Nehil wrote:Oh, actually i've done that just with people with +350 ping, its not about rage or toxicity, but most of the time it means dying against bs on unranked and im trying to hold a good KDr, so yeah, but well, even when i do it, no one gets kicked actually (im the one getting kicked for """"""hacking""""""" most of the time) but this is out of context so lets go back to the main topic

I remember spectating some matches and you said you were actually cheating by manipulating certain parameters of the game. Also described yourself as cute or whatever, confused the hell out of me.

Anyways, yeah, it would be good if XP unlocked something. It would be nice if it offered you the chance to use modifications for Weapons or your Character like in Intruder Combat Training 2 or Deadswitch 2/3 (rapid fire, longer range, more ammo, faster reload, better grip/aiming, etc). For Characters, it could be faction based modules with some lore attached. And they'd be available to map makers once they unlocked them in campaign or whatever. The only issue is that modding could create some broken, OP things, but that's already something that happens in PB2.

Yh the first thing was trolling LOL... but nah, i dont hack or anything

About the other stuff, it could work with stuff like Faster reload, bigger magazine depending of each weapon too, and about the op things, everything depends of the game dev. after all, there must be obviously a balance, but sadly i highly doubt there will be a way to modify weapons in-game, thats why i went directly with customization only.

considering how is played this game in ranked/unranked plus some broken playstyles, i think that with the weapons we have rn (talking about power levels of them) is enough

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby phsc » 9 December 2020, 21:04

a few things id like to add to this:

1 - make people actually able to buy stuff with real money instead of xp only, making so those who are older but interested in the game can get what they want (the money goes towards servers? this is never going to happen)

2 - give XP for map making, so map makers who mostly spend their time in the editor don't get deliciously exquisite pizza sauce (3rd party software that can be used with mapmaking kinda get a bit deliciously exquisite pizza sauce by this?)

i don't know if i agree w all stuff cuz it could just turn xp into a currency which can be kinda annoying and kinda gets to an issue, why xp and not kills/deaths/kd ratio/lvl dev rank/whatever (its kinda unfair cuz lvl dev rank is p much limited at the end of the day where kills/deaths/xp isnt), i think the values are a bit out of this world for the average pb2 player but its just examples so i dont think its rly much of an issue

the issue w multiple weapon skins is that it requires artists to draw 3x the stuff, but what about custom maps? maybe some wont work with some weapons having higher levels, not to mention the fact i think you are going to be able to use custom skins or whatever for all custom maps p much, how would that work? only for approved maps?

i think this kinda gets to an issue which is, it is p much more about grinding than anything else, and while it is good for profit-sake i think its a bad game design move (grinding in general just extends game duration instead of making the game better, it dissolves the good content into more time which kinda makes it inferior), for something that is such a basic feature of pb2.5 which is kinda super pog about it as the character skins idk if xp is the way to go, the different weapon skins could be very nice tho

also about faster reload, bigger magazine n such is just terrible game design, pb2 is a super easy n simple game, pb2.5 prob will be even more since most of what makes pb2 "hard" is abusing the game mechanics that prob will in general be made better in 2.5, pb2 is a game u can easily get good at in a week, this is frustrating because what iwll differ the top 1 from the top 80 is prob the things he bought w xp, this is also terrible for a more serious competitive community, i mean even games that were once quite p2w like league of legends (you could buy stuff w the currency u got out of playing a lot) kinda distance themselves from this kind of practice because its just poor game design that is often just used to grind money (and fails at it), but this gave me an idea, what about customization? character perks, faster reloading, more precision w the bullets you fire, bigger magazines, etc, but something out of the start, idk this is prob overcomplicating things n will make balance living hell for approved maps, but way better than the original suggestions

anyway eric is kinda agaisnt all of this, he hates walls that limit players, be it about real money, stuff you grind and i think mostly actual ingame advantages, prob not going to happen
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Nehil » 10 December 2020, 02:43

phsc wrote:a few things id like to add to this:

1 - make people actually able to buy stuff with real money instead of xp only, making so those who are older but interested in the game can get what they want (the money goes towards servers? this is never going to happen

Even if eric doesn't want to get money from his project i think making money of this could be nice, not for his own benefit, i mean it could help the game to grow up in a lot of ways

2 - give XP for map making, so map makers who mostly spend their time in the editor don't get deliciously exquisite pizza sauce (3rd party software that can be used with mapmaking kinda get a bit deliciously exquisite pizza sauce by this?

In my opinion, the whole XP system should be re-worked in a fair way (map makers/competitive players), so i agree

the issue w multiple weapon skins is that it requires artists to draw 3x the stuff, but what about custom maps? maybe some wont work with some weapons having higher levels, not to mention the fact i think you are going to be able to use custom skins or whatever for all custom maps p much, how would that work? only for approved maps?

Yeah, my idea was to make it only for approved maps, so it somehow shows the progress of each player giving them the chance to have a bigger customization on their profiles/character without affecting the gameplay

i think this kinda gets to an issue which is, it is p much more about grinding than anything else, and while it is good for profit-sake i think its a bad game design move (grinding in general just extends game duration instead of making the game better, it dissolves the good content into more time which kinda makes it inferior), for something that is such a basic feature of pb2.5 which is kinda super pog about it as the character skins idk if xp is the way to go, the different weapon skins could be very nice tho

Welp, no one wants PB2.5 To be a grinding-based game, it would be boring, since its a really simple game (and thats what makes it fun, so we have to keep that, overcomplicating it would make it worse) but i think that it might be a good idea to unlock all skins by using an specific amount of XP Levels, so everyone starts with the Default one and has a little progress with the time
Now that i readed this, i had another idea, but i dont know if it could work too
Basically its a better versions of what i said here https://prnt.sc/vzecfu

Basically leveling up each weapon which could let you get a better skin of it depending of what level you reach with it (3 weapon versions), not based on XP, mostly on kills with that specific weapon (a good idea but out of the topic that is usage of xp).
This has a problem too and you said it, Game Dev. would have to draw the same weapon on 3 different versions, but as an idea for a future it could be good

About colors for each weapon, i think it might be good for customization (only able for approved maps), i explained how could this go already, by paying a little amount of XP basically, or any other system that could fit with it

also about faster reload, bigger magazine n such is just terrible game design, pb2 is a super easy n simple game, pb2.5 prob will be even more since most of what makes pb2 "hard" is abusing the game mechanics that prob will in general be made better in 2.5, pb2 is a game u can easily get good at in a week, this is frustrating because what iwll differ the top 1 from the top 80 is prob the things he bought w xp, this is also terrible for a more serious competitive community, i mean even games that were once quite p2w like league of legends (you could buy stuff w the currency u got out of playing a lot) kinda distance themselves from this kind of practice because its just poor game design that is often just used to grind money (and fails at it), but this gave me an idea, what about customization? character perks, faster reloading, more precision w the bullets you fire, bigger magazines, etc, but something out of the start, idk this is prob overcomplicating things n will make balance living hell for approved maps, but way better than the original suggestions

Welp, youre right with the first thing, considering that the game in general is quite simple, this could overcomplicate things and making everything harder to balance, but that doesnt mean that weapon customization couldnt be a thing (if we talk about pure customization/aesthetics of the weapon) but by reading what u said gave me another idea, i might make another post about it later

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights