PlazmaBurst 2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 5 August 2020, 03:29

I actually like the reloading mechanic as well. Hopefully Eric Gurt does some homework on how firearms work, because there's more to it than just removing the old magazine or clip and putting in a new one. Would be interesting to see how futuristic and alien weapons would work.
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.
Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby nightmar » 5 August 2020, 04:09

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:I actually like the reloading mechanic as well. Hopefully Eric Gurt does some homework on how firearms work, because there's more to it than just removing the old magazine or clip and putting in a new one. Would be interesting to see how futuristic and alien weapons would work.

I believe it's best to not lose bullets when we reload the weapon (I assume this is what you mean by "homework"). Imo he can just make the reload system work like in CoD.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 5 August 2020, 15:12

Also, reloading with a completely empty mag is different from reloading with a mag that is partially full. For starters, you don't yeet the somewhat full magazine; you keep it. This is called a tactical reload. Also, you don't need to chamber the round as there should already be a bullet in the chamber. Meanwhile, you can throw away completely empty mags if you want, but when putting a new one in, you must first put it in (obviously) and then also pull the lever back to get a round in the chamber.
I think the new CoD game does a good job of showing how things are done.

Here's some examples (correct me if I'm wrong):

Tactical reload (magazine is kept, lever not pulled back):

Reloading with an empty mag (lever pulled back):
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.
Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby nightmar » 5 August 2020, 22:24

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:Also, reloading with a completely empty mag is different from reloading with a mag that is partially full. For starters, you don't yeet the somewhat full magazine; you keep it. This is called a tactical reload. Also, you don't need to chamber the round as there should already be a bullet in the chamber. Meanwhile, you can throw away completely empty mags if you want, but when putting a new one in, you must first put it in (obviously) and then also pull the lever back to get a round in the chamber.
I think the new CoD game does a good job of showing how things are done.

Here's some examples (correct me if I'm wrong):

Tactical reload (magazine is kept, lever not pulled back):

Reloading with an empty mag (lever pulled back):

What I am trying to say is that if he sticks too close to reality (at the point where you lost bullets if you reload a mag that is not fully empty) the game won't be as fun. It is good to stick with the real stuff, but to a certain degree.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby broforce1 » 31 August 2020, 11:14

i like that the game has a lot of cool features, also hope it will be a fine game, unlike PB2, PB2 keeps lagging on MP in a lot of the times which is annoying tho, hope PB2.5/3 will be better.
PB 2 is awesome.
broforce1

Previous

Return to PB2.5