Rule Accessibility

Give us your feedback about the Chat! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Rule Accessibility

Postby Incompetence » 15 March 2017, 03:16

When you enter the chat, a small 'message' pops up and it tells you that there's not many rules, just be nice, etc. It also gives you two forum links, where one is for the rules and the other is information about the chat. Straightforward but here's the issue.

The chat rules shouldn't have to be linked at all. My proposal is that the rules should be on the screen where you enter the chat. Before you access the chat, the rules, which would be placed in a dropdown box to save space, would have to be read and once someone scrolls all the way down, they can then enter the chat. No one can use the excuse that they didn't read the rules because it'll be more visible and people can be held more responsible for their rule breaking.

If you don't get what I mean, see this:

To keep it simple, the 'enter chat' button is replaced by a 'view rules' button. Clicking it expands the box to show the entire rules. You read it or just ignore it but you have to scroll all the way to the bottom like what some games and even Google does for their ToS. Once you reach the bottom, you simply confirm that you read the rules through a checkbox and then you can enter the chat from there. It won't make a difference in rules being broken but this does make finding the rules easier and efficient which should've been like this from the start.

TLDR rules on front page; read => scroll => confirm => enter chat
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Rule Accessibility

Postby gajacar25 » 15 March 2017, 03:48

This is simply a straight upgrade from the current system, +1
If you're drowning you don't clutch no straw
If you're drowning you don't clutch no straw
You don't want to live you don't want to cry no more
gajacar25
Recruit

Location: I'm already pissed enough about people using my nationality as an excuse.

Re: Rule Accessibility

Postby ECC9 » 6 January 2018, 17:21

Yeah, It's will be useful for new members . +1
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Chat