Bring back PB2 to website!

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Bring back PB2 to website!

Postby Nank » 3 February 2021, 15:29

We can use ruffle to launch it even in 2021, if not, then why?

Nank
Recruit

Re: Bring back PB2 to website!

Postby broforce1 » 4 February 2021, 21:13

ruffle is not even working well and it has bugs, now seriously if there was a way then they would have used it though also since that PB2 is running as an independent application we don't need to put that back on the browser, and browsers like google might be heavy when u load up the game so loading the game without the browsers is even better, yes I agree that it's a bit weird to play the game independently but that is all eric can do.

just to know why it's not able to put it to browsers because PB2 was supported by flash and was available on browsers that support the flash plugin, but now browsers aint support flash so flash games like PB2 would not work on the browser so we gotta have to download the SWF file format and play it with Flashplayer downloaded format on our desktop or use the standalone launcher, btw HTML5 also had errors with converting the PB2 game so don't think eric just decided up to make the game like this before testing up all of the possible things that could be usable.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Nyove » 5 February 2021, 08:24

Hey Nank and broforce1,

Actually, some browsers still do support flash games. An example would be Maxthon Nitro.
https://www.maxthon.com/nitro/static.html

Most modern and common web browsers have newer versions of flash player, which has an inbuilt timer that causes it to stop functioning after 12 Jan 2021.

Browsers like Maxthon Nitro however, have older versions of flash player without this inbuilt timer.

Here's Eric's view on Adobe Flash being disabled: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=25246#p216807

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby TheMeteor » 11 February 2021, 03:36

Nyove wrote:Hey Nank and broforce1,

Actually, some browsers still do support flash games. An example would be Maxthon Nitro.

Most modern and common web browsers have newer versions of flash player, which has an inbuilt timer that causes it to stop functioning after 12 Jan 2021.

Browsers like Maxthon Nitro however, have older versions of flash player without this inbuilt timer.

Here's Eric's view on Adobe Flash being disabled: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=25246#p216807

Best regards,
Nyove

He is asking for bringing back the swf game to browser, instead of that weird pop-up saying that launcher is needed.
TheMeteor
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Nyove » 11 February 2021, 04:14

Hey TheMeteor,

Unfortunately, flash player has been discontinued and cease to work in most browsers. Since PB2 requires flash player to run, you can no longer play Plazma Burst 2 in most browsers.

The decision to discontinue Adobe Flash is not within Eric or our control. To allow users to continue enjoy playing PB2, Eric has designed a launcher for us to play PB2 without browser.

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby Nank » 11 February 2021, 12:26

by the way, my launcher always updating, so i have to launch only via .vbs file
well it works but launcher still updating

Nank
Recruit

Postby TheMeteor » 12 February 2021, 06:30

Nyove wrote:Hey TheMeteor,

Unfortunately, flash player has been discontinued and cease to work in most browsers. Since PB2 requires flash player to run, you can no longer play Plazma Burst 2 in most browsers.

The decision to discontinue Adobe Flash is not within Eric or our control. To allow users to continue enjoy playing PB2, Eric has designed a launcher for us to play PB2 without browser.

Best regards,
Nyove

I know ;=)
I use the launcher to play now. As you said, some browsers still supports flash player and it's not necessary downloading launcher when those browsers still supports flash... would be nice to let these people still play from website without the needing of downloading launcher.
TheMeteor
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Coolsugar » 14 July 2021, 04:36

Nyove wrote:Hey Nank and broforce1,

Best regards,
Nyove

Is maxthon safe? Also if I do use it will the "play" page on the website work with it, or will it just show the "Plazma Burst 2 game is now playable as an independent application page?"

Coolsugar
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby broforce1 » 16 July 2021, 19:48

Coolsugar wrote:Is maxthon safe? Also if I do use it will the "play" page on the website work with it, or will it just show the "Plazma Burst 2 game is now playable as an independent application page?"

if it ain't safe then nyove wouldn't suggest it anyway, so yep, I'm gonna ensure you that it's safe and it works well with flash games and it also loads PB2 on a browser.... btw you might see a white screen so reload the page or click on "play" section again. so don't worry it won't show you this "PB2 playable as an independent application" it will just show you the game working well.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby strato026 » 17 July 2021, 22:55

Ruffle.rs can work for PB2 when it's ready for Action Script 3.0(Flash's own language), currently Ruffle only supports Action Script 2.0. Though it might won't run PB2 because it's a huge codebase and even glitches can occur because of the same reason, complexity of the code and usage of Flash features.
strato026
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Website / PB2 Game