Ability to restrict maps to one gamemode

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Ability to restrict maps to one gamemode

Postby lrv » 11 August 2020, 22:07

Don't know why the original topic was locked instead of being moved here, anyway this covers most reasons why it should be possible: viewtopic.php?f=117&t=24695
lrv
Falkok [250]

There should be one mode for approved map(quick reply)

Postby broforce1 » 11 August 2020, 22:23

Since the topic got locked and I was wanna reply so yep, anyways, Probably depends. remember that There are standards and terms for the map approval, but besides of the topic, approved maps are designed for any mode, just like the public maps, and seriously I don’t find any point from this, the player literally know what is the best game mode for the map, also the player is free to choose any mode that interests the player so yep, I don’t really find any problem for this, also no need for that option too, and btw what’s wrong to make the map for all modes? What if the player wants to choose the mode for some reason and at the end, the player realizes that the map is only for one mode, alright right now let’s take an example right now for this, take a look at stryde’s sniper map. His map is perfect for 2 modes at least DM and also TDM, so the player have the free choice to choose between the 2 modes. Approved maps must be enabled for All modes or otherwise the map will be unfair for the player while choosing the gamemode, end of text.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Re: Ability to restrict maps to one gamemode

Postby Stryde » 11 August 2020, 22:29

Just like your last topic, this topic is being locked, since it is in regards to your previous topic that was already answered and locked just moments ago. Do not flood the asking the same question when it was just answered multiple times by myself and another PB2 user.

Tl;dr: in the case of approved maps, it's not allowed, this was already answered, end of discussion.
In the case of custom maps, it is allowed, there are no requirements for custom maps, the way to do this is already answered in the same thread you linked in your original post, end of discussion.

Stryde

Re: Ability to restrict approved maps to one gamemode

Postby mrblake213 » 15 August 2020, 04:51

Topic unlocked due to author's request and further consideration.
Changed the title from Ability to restrict maps to one gamemode to Ability to restrict approved maps to one gamemode
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Return to Website / PB2 Game