BAD

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

BAD

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 30 July 2020, 02:21

A few complaints about the Custom Maps section on the website.

1. REMOVE MP maps from the "Best Maps" section of SINGLEPLAYER MAPS. Goddammit. This is common sense. As of late, the website has been doing a good job of this (for starters, they removed stryde sniper), but there are still maps like .:TR Base:. in the "Best Maps" section for SP. Know your place, maps. Likewise, if there are SP maps in the "Best Maps" section for MP, they should be removed as well.

2. Redundancy. For example, there are TEN Project Nexus maps in the "Best Maps" section. Don't get me wrong. They are by no means bad maps, but do we really need 10 maps from one series taking up space in the section? Just include the first level of a series and leave it at that. Give some other standalone maps and map series a chance to shine.

3. Poor selection. Most of the maps in the "Best Maps" section are good; they deserve to be there. But a few maps are downright AWFUL. I don't know what the system for selecting these maps are, but it needs to be changed up a little. Maps should be hand picked by experienced singleplayer mapmakers, not up to some automated computer algorithm. Also, some maps are bit outdated, but there are plenty of old maps that are still decent by today's standards, so I'm fine with that.
Should I mention that not all of the highlighted maps are of the best quality? I know it's most likely a randomized system (and it'd better be, otherwise we may have a serious case of incompetency). At least the map is refreshed every 24 hours.

4. Improve the search engine. It's not Google Custom Search or anything, but still. I can type in the exact name of a certain map, and find said map at least a couple maps down, far below maps with titles that do not match my search at all. And that's if I even find it. Maybe the website should use Custom Search, if it'll bring up more relevant results.

Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting. Truth is, I've been sitting on some of these for a while. Anyways, I'm hoping to at least see these changes in the next game (when it finally comes out a couple years after GTA 6).
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: BAD

Postby lrv » 17 August 2020, 22:55

Map search for whatever reason only searches for keywords. This should be extended to title, description and map ID.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Re: BAD

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 18 August 2020, 01:01

Yeah, and even that didn't work (I tried searching for my own maps which had keywords).
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Website / PB2 Game