Physics But Okay

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Physics But Okay

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 17 July 2020, 23:22

When a projectile enters water, it will slow, but as soon as it exits the water it will return to its normal speed. Unless the projectile is being propelled, like a rocket, then it should NOT speed back up when it exits the water. I'm not a physicist or whatever, but I don't think that's how physics work.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Physics But Okay

Postby Girl_Power » 18 July 2020, 02:45

I'm not a physicist as well but here's my thought:

Laser and energy guns don't exist in real life (or at least not used in the current world market yet) so lets keep that out of the discussion. Bullets, however, do exist of course so lets use bullets as the main argument here. Mythbusters have tested how far bullets travel when they enter water and see if someone can survive if they jump into water and use water as a bullet-proof substance. Long story short, the result was that bullets can't travel far into water AT ALL. They tested with a 50 cal. bullet and it only travelled a mere 14 inches into the water before breaking into tiny shards uncapable of harming someone.

You can check out the whole video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1uaLWAZXfk
(50 cal. test starts at 15:10)

I also have to say, how can a bullet travel into water and exit water at the same time? This doesn't happen in real life. In reality, you can't have floating water, thus making a bullet travel in water and exiting water impossible UNLESS you shoot the gun underwater while aiming at the sky. Then we have this problem of having to be less than 14 inches below the water while shooting the gun and blah blah blah.

In conclusion, PB2 physics ≠ reality physics.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 19 July 2020, 00:44

My problem was with the acceleration, as bullets aren't exactly like rockets. But good points, though since this game is set in the future with futuristic weapons, they might have some GMO gunpowder for their guns (IDK I'm not a chemist).

Laser and energy guns don't exist in real life

Imagine a BNG in real life.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Mean Me » 19 July 2020, 02:38

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:My problem was with the acceleration, as bullets aren't exactly like rockets. But good points, though since this game is set in the future with futuristic weapons, they might have some GMO gunpowder for their guns (IDK I'm not a chemist)

Genetically modified organism gunpowder?
I have nothing to say. Goodbye.
Mean Me
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby LazyRain » 25 August 2020, 17:26

Current game physics doesn't have a feature for projectiles to change their speed in this way. Water regions just slows theim down on the fixed factor while they are inside.

In the next hame there will be improved physics where projectiles' velocity and trajectory can be affected by different types of regions and passing through walls and objects.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Nyove » 25 August 2020, 17:40

Hey Phant0mB0nnie,

Making this argument is the same as making the argument as to how/why the teleporter exist / how characters can selfboost.

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Return to Website / PB2 Game