New Rank System for PB2?

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: New Rank System for PB2?

Postby ditzy » 23 October 2019, 05:42

Jason Eden wrote:
Star Fox McCloud wrote:As in, *map operator* if that sounds cool? They focus on approving mainly SP maps based on how many players do a thumbs up on a map and how unique/challenging/ how long it takes?

I don't think we need a separate Staff team just for approving SP maps. The current one can do that. But as I said earlier they can't even find time to approve MP maps and that's a 5 minute thing if you ask me. Approving 1 singleplayer map would take them long enough for PB3 to be released.

I believe there was unofficial talk about letting some veteran mapmakers approve maps a while back. I don't think the idea was developed much further though.

The approval process does take some time. I'd say that the main reason for lengthy approval times is because some part of the map was unbalanced or had other issues. Staff would have to notify the mapmaker, and the mapmaker needs to receive and act on the feedback, which takes time. This review process repeats until the map is deemed approvable.

In all honesty Tempest rushed the approval of Eyrie, so no one noticed that a section of the map was unbalanced. The rigorous review process helps eliminate such issues before the map is approved.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: New Rank System for PB2?

Postby Jason Eden » 23 October 2019, 11:34

ditzy wrote:I believe there was unofficial talk about letting some veteran mapmakers approve maps a while back. I don't think the idea was developed much further though.

Good idea. I would take the tool and show you guys how to approve maps properly.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Previous

Return to Website / PB2 Game