New Weapons/Skins Feedback

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: skin editor

Postby Resi » 19 March 2018, 03:36

dixiedog wrote:I think we as the faithful players should be able to go on the website and create our own guns,skins,exct. If you agree please reply.


Easier said than done rookie.

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
kjs brother wrote:This sniper is looks like updated guys but it won't show at map editor i bet is updated now https://i.imgur.com/sEUh5xP.png

How did you get the sniper, and whats the id of sniper?


It's the old usurpation sniper rifle.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Civil security lite 12054 » 21 May 2018, 06:12

Pistols are somewhat much more lethal than SMGs. Unload 10 rounds into 130 hp enemy if you are using SMG. 4 rounds for those who uses C-01P or CS-Pro.

Even in Max teabag-mmo_arena. Ppls can still kill you easily with pistols only.
User avatar
Civil security lite 12054
Recruit
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 July 2016, 12:16
Location: Anywhere and everywhere.

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Resi » 22 May 2018, 01:36

Civil security lite 12054 wrote:Pistols are somewhat much more lethal than SMGs. Unload 10 rounds into 130 hp enemy if you are using SMG. 4 rounds for those who uses C-01P or CS-Pro.

Even in Max teabag-mmo_arena. Ppls can still kill you easily with pistols only.


Good. The pistols still have some value then.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Build » 22 May 2018, 07:56

should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound

Mewwy chwistmas~! UwU
User avatar
Build
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 27 February 2018, 18:18
Location: Philippines - Would be a perfect country without mrblake213

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Resi » 22 May 2018, 11:39

Build wrote:should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound


Why? I'm fine having a similar gun like that one but more unique, and Eric said sounds aren't easy because of critical game size.

Also, guns can have copyright.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Hikarikaze » 23 May 2018, 07:08

Build wrote:should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound

Certain guns have their names licensed, which isn't easy to get for use in a game. Even AAA games sometimes struggle to acquire licensing/permission to use a gun's exact and actual name. It's best for an obscure game like this to avoid getting into copyright troubles even though fairly unknown indie developers won't get targeted as much as a big company would
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 804
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Whyme » 23 May 2018, 11:53

I'm personally unsure what I should think about the weapons or even community-content in general. My personal opinion is this: As long as the community gets involved into the game's development, everything is nice. Mods, own sprites, level editor, character creation... As long as everyone who creates something also gets it into the game in some degree, it's also fine. But if it goes towards competition and exclusion of "bad" designs it simply turns into frustration since people put effort into creating something but not being able to get it into the game. And if I remember correctly the weapons we have now were part of a huge contest.

To the weapons in general I can say I personally like the weapon designs and the weapon ideas. The balance wasn't met too greatly as the Alien sniper rifle as example surpasses the Heavy Rail gun in many aspects. I mean the headshot-damage of the Heavy Railgun is about 300 damage, the Alien sniper rifle was able to kill an enemy with a headshot who had 350 health while wielding a lower recharge rate.

Some Re-Balance should be done, most definitely. But with the fact in the back of my mind that only a bit of the sweat and effort was actually converted into some usable things, I personally prefer using the old weapons and I will continue only using the old weapons. And if there's some old weapons that also were created by the community, then first I wasn't aware of it and secondly I don't really care now anymore anyways.

Whyme
Recruit
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 3 August 2013, 11:43
Location: Germany/Netherlands

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Resi » 23 May 2018, 20:00

Whyme wrote:To the weapons in general I can say I personally like the weapon designs and the weapon ideas. The balance wasn't met too greatly as the Alien sniper rifle as example surpasses the Heavy Rail gun in many aspects. I mean the headshot-damage of the Heavy Railgun is about 300 damage, the Alien sniper rifle was able to kill an enemy with a headshot who had 350 health while wielding a lower recharge rate.


I think this is ok, if you want a weaker and slower slot 4 put the Heavy Railgun, if you want a faster and more powerful one use the Usurpation Sniper Rifle.

You have to remember that game balance is also heavily in the hands of map makers, for example, there can be a map where there are 3 Heavy Railguns and 1 Usurpation Sniper Rifle, this adds some kind of fighting over having better weaponry.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby tehswordninja » 17 July 2019, 22:03

Just a reminder that once fan art submissions from the new round are accepted and in the game, users can use this topic to give their feedback on them. No sense in making a brand new thread. Here's hoping to some interesting and well-made designs making their way into the game!
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
User avatar
tehswordninja
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 706
Joined: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Location: Witty tagline

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Krutz » 1 August 2019, 03:51

  • move psi cutter to slot 7
  • it feels like cr-30 is too small
  • move both raider railgun and vortex to slot 8
  • the held autocannon is braced strangely (shooter's hands are just floating). it would be pretty cool if it were kept the same way, but handles were added above the cannon
  • splash animation of vortex doesnt match its splash radius because the plasmagun's splash radius is like 1/3 of the vortex's, so looks pretty weird. the weapon in general seems awkward and unsatisfying
  • i also feel like the cutter's projectile should be larger or otherwise more distinct

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 161
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby AuditorMSP » 1 August 2019, 08:57

This is on the minor side, but the Gauss Rifle could be renamed to its proper nomenclature: Gauss Rifle CS-HalfLife. It plays as an homage to the Gauss Cannon in Half Life 1.

AuditorMSP
Recruit
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 January 2018, 22:00

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Incompetence » 1 August 2019, 16:45

  • homing rocket launcher is pretty good. personally I like how aggressive the tracking is on the rockets themselves.
  • I don't think the psi cutter's projectile is too small. maybe it'll be hard to notice in combat but can't say for sure yet
  • the raider railgun (?) feels fun to shoot
  • since the archetype is a slot 4 weapon, maybe make the projectiles just a little bit faster so it can compete with other slot 4 weapons a bit better. i personally think it's weird for the projectiles to travel at the same speed as the slot 3 weapon projectiles given it's a shotgun/sniper rifle hybrid. faster projectiles would better lean into the sniper rifle identity of the weapon a little bit more imo.

i'll add more if i can think of anything else
User avatar
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 3 February 2016, 03:55
Location: Definitely not behind you

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Moonhawk » 2 August 2019, 13:57

- the outlines for the CS-GLHF are way too light and doesn't really fit in at the moment (the design itself is good though). It should also receive a burst mode similar to the grenade launchers on darkstar 1-gl since at the moment it seems too easy to kill or annoy teammates with - edit: red parts of archetype also have too faint outlines

- the blurs on the falkok rocket launcher are ugly - it looks like something a person with astigmatism would see

- CS-RageQuit and falkok rocket launcher should be renamed (at the very least the rocket launcher, why does it have gravy in the name?)

- medic pistol should heal like 100 health but have a cooldown of 10 secs or something. the current 10-20 health it gives is pretty useless

- android sniper rifle should have the black line on the cheekrest removed. The magazine and foregrip could also do with being redrawn.
Last edited by Moonhawk on 2 August 2019, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Moonhawk
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 15 March 2016, 02:52

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Incompetence » 2 August 2019, 20:35

Moonhawk wrote:the outlines for the CS-GLHF are way too light and doesn't really fit in at the moment (the design itself is good though). It should also receive a burst mode similar to the grenade launchers on darkstar 1-gl since at the moment it seems too easy to kill or annoy teammates with

CS-GLHF isn't supposed to be burst fire so i disagree. i am however ok with it getting a reduced rate of fire or a tighter grenade trajectory arc. even other ideas like changing projectile speed might help
User avatar
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 3 February 2016, 03:55
Location: Definitely not behind you

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Krutz » 3 August 2019, 23:50

Incompetence wrote:i am however ok with it getting a reduced rate of fire


the GL CS-STB works exactly this way: its firerate is reduced like 4x in multiplayer

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 161
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Incompetence » 4 August 2019, 00:22

Krutz wrote:
Incompetence wrote:i am however ok with it getting a reduced rate of fire


the GL CS-STB works exactly this way: its firerate is reduced like 4x in multiplayer

i'm aware. i meant it in a universal way, fire rate being the same for both SP and MP. however, a slow fire rate like that doesn't fit with the weapon concept. i had designed it to be a grenade launcher that you just unload and suppress a position with. i'd rather not have the gun have two different fire rates across different modes; it'd be inconsistent and won't fit the theme imo

i mean, changing the fire rate isn't the only way to change the weapon either. i'd prefer if something other than fire rate was changed, though i'm also open to a slight fire rate reduction if it's really necessary as long as it's not a painfully slow rate of fire like the CS-STB
User avatar
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 3 February 2016, 03:55
Location: Definitely not behind you

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby AuditorMSP » 8 August 2019, 15:01

Incompetence wrote:
Krutz wrote:
Incompetence wrote:i am however ok with it getting a reduced rate of fire


the GL CS-STB works exactly this way: its firerate is reduced like 4x in multiplayer

i'm aware. i meant it in a universal way, fire rate being the same for both SP and MP. however, a slow fire rate like that doesn't fit with the weapon concept. i had designed it to be a grenade launcher that you just unload and suppress a position with. i'd rather not have the gun have two different fire rates across different modes; it'd be inconsistent and won't fit the theme imo

i mean, changing the fire rate isn't the only way to change the weapon either. i'd prefer if something other than fire rate was changed, though i'm also open to a slight fire rate reduction if it's really necessary as long as it's not a painfully slow rate of fire like the CS-STB

Personally, there are two ways that I can think of for tweaking the GLHF.

1. Give it a RoF delay of 1.0 - 1.5 seconds, but give the grenade explosion a little more 'oomph' to it (around 3.5 in projectile power).

2. Keep the current RoF and its explosion power, but have it behave similarly to the LitBro vehicle rocket cannon. It has to reload after 5 - 6 shots no matter what (unlike the Rocket Launcher CS-Barrage). Also, have it's explosive power affected with upgrades.

It's up to you man.

Also, I think the 'GL' from GLHF should be removed. It seems redundant since the 'grenade launcher' part is already listed.

AuditorMSP
Recruit
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 January 2018, 22:00

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Incompetence » 8 August 2019, 18:57

AuditorMSP wrote:Personally, there are two ways that I can think of for tweaking the GLHF.

1. Give it a ROF delay of 1.0 - 1.5 seconds, but give the grenade explosion a little more 'oomph' to it (around 3.5 in projectile power).

2. Keep the current ROF and its explosion power, but have it behave similarly to the LitBro vehicle rocket cannon. It has to reload after 5 - 6 shots no matter what (unlike the Rocket Launcher CS-Barrage). Also, have it's explosive power affected with upgrades.

It's up to you man.

Also, I think the 'GL' from GLHF should be removed. It seems redundant since the 'grenade launcher' part is already listed.

i'd rather tweak its blast radius rather than damage directly. perhaps reduce the blast radius considerably so the grenade has to be closer to the target and prioritize better aiming. let the grenade impact do the most damage instead of having the splash damage do most of the work. personally i like the RoF as it is. you can blanket a specific area in grenades but atm the grenades have a blast radius that makes that intended strategy a little too strong.

also GL doesn't stand for grenade launcher. GLHF = good luck have fun. it's just another one of those cheeky names CS weapons normally have, like "spam them baby" and "yippee ki yay." fun fact, i had designed the weapon around the name rather than the other way around. i don't feel as though any other name would fit the weapon in all honesty.

now on the other hand, the archetype 27XX needs serious re-tuning. idk why it's behaving like a shotgun when it's not supposed to be a shotgun primarily. the changes it's received since i made my last post here don't make sense nor do they fit the weapon and should be reverted. all it needed was slightly faster bullets that are still slower than sniper rifle bullets and zero penetration. it's a slot 4 weapon able to be used as a shotgun, which is why it also has a weak spot in slot 3; that's its intended purpose, a precision sniper rifle that can also double as a shotgun due to its multi-shot. rn, it's too much like a slot 3 and directly competes more with that slot instead of directly competing with slot 4. it needs to revert and add all of these changes it's received:

  • damage needs to be reverted back to its original iteration if the weapon atm doesn't have a damage profile similar to other slot 4s (by that, i mean it's supposed to have a competing TTK with other slot 4s instead of any other slot). personally i found the damage to be fine at longer ranges where this weapon is intended to be used. unlike other slot 4s that pack all its high damage/DPS in one bullet, archetype divided its damage into each projectile which I thought was fair enough to me. during playtests, i had also found single shot slot 4s to be much more consistent in damage than the archetype at longer range.
  • projectile spread needs to be much more tight again. why it's worse is beyond me and is completely against the point of the weapon. this change skews it too much towards the shotgun half of its identity and ignores the more important and primary sniper rifle half. again, this is a precision weapon that's supposed to compete directly with other slot 4s while having a weird and weak spot in slot 3, not the other way around. higher spread makes damage inconsistent at long range and makes it harder to kill at longer ranges compared to other slot 4s
  • projectile speed needs to be faster than other weapons that shoot bullets but slower than sniper rifles. let sniper rifles have the advantage of faster projectiles while the archetype's bullets are faster than other weapons. it has the same speed as shotgun projectiles which doesn't really fit.
  • projectiles need to have zero penetration. this is something i also wanted the weapon to have. it was supposed to be a line of sight weapon; whatever its laser picks up is what you can kill. sniper rifles should be able to counter the archetype by piercing through cover. wall penetration is something i don't envision the archetype having. hiding behind cover would instantly shut down the archetype's high damage and decent rate of fire which i think is a fair counter-strategy that makes sense. behind cover, you'd be able to track the sniper's location as well through its laser while the sniper wouldn't be able to get a hit on you despite the weapon's power (referencing its original damage values)

ideally, its damage problem can be fixed through reverse damage falloff but i'm not sure if such a thing exists. currently its current iteration is not what the archetype is meant to be. it's just a glorified shotgun with a threat detector atm and that's far from what it's supposed to be. i hope people realize that balancing the archetype is much harder than it looks because it's incredibly easy to ruin the weapon by focusing on one half of its identity. these changes treated the gun as a shotgun and thus ruined its role as a sniper rifle. increase the spread for instance and it's terrible as a slot 4 precision rifle. make the damage too high and it's a much more powerful slot 3 without even being a slot 3 while it does fine as a slot 4 at longer ranges. the original iteration was close to perfect aka how the weapon was supposed to behave and just needed to add in the faster bullets + 0 penetration. damage is a different story but these changes are supposed to fix how the weapon feels and behaves.
User avatar
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 3 February 2016, 03:55
Location: Definitely not behind you

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby AuditorMSP » 9 August 2019, 11:31

Incompetence wrote:i'd rather tweak its blast radius rather than damage directly. perhaps reduce the blast radius considerably so the grenade has to be closer to the target and prioritize better aiming. let the grenade impact do the most damage instead of having the splash damage do most of the work. personally i like the RoF as it is. you can blanket a specific area in grenades but atm the grenades have a blast radius that makes that intended strategy a little too strong.

also GL doesn't stand for grenade launcher. GLHF = good luck have fun. it's just another one of those cheeky names CS weapons normally have, like "spam them baby" and "yippee ki yay." fun fact, i had designed the weapon around the name rather than the other way around. i don't feel as though any other name would fit the weapon in all honesty.

Ahh, so that's what that acronym meant. Not that I have anything against 'GLHF', but how about 'KnockYsOut' as an alternative name?

Gahhh, having too much fun thinking up some names for these.

AuditorMSP
Recruit
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 January 2018, 22:00

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Incompetence » 10 August 2019, 00:39

AuditorMSP wrote:Ahh, so that's what that acronym meant. Not that I have anything against 'GLHF', but how about 'KnockYsOut' as an alternative name?

not sure how that name would fit. personally GLHF is meant to poke fun cheekily at both the shooter and its target: "good luck" to whoever's getting bombarded by grenades, and "have fun" for both the person shooting and getting shot (it's a game after all). automatic weapons that you can just unload and blast people to pieces with are always fun to use hence why that specific phrase was chosen as its name, much like the other grenade launcher's name "spam them baby."

a silly fun little name for a silly fun little weapon basically. there's always a reason as to why i name my weapons a certain name; it often ties in with the lore i write for those weapons as well. in this case, i only made the CS-GLHF an automatic impact-based grenade launcher because it was a fun idea that fit the name. honestly i can't see the GLHF with a different name, it was pretty much designed to embody that phrase specifically only. i can't see it belong outside of the CS faction either because the only faction to use silly and cheeky names like this is CS lol. renaming it would be like calling an apple an orange imo, wouldn't feel right calling it something else unless the whole weapon and its concept got changed
User avatar
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 3 February 2016, 03:55
Location: Definitely not behind you

PreviousNext

Return to Website / PB2 Game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



cron