New Weapons Demo Feedback

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: skin editor

Postby Resi » 19 March 2018, 03:36

dixiedog wrote:I think we as the faithful players should be able to go on the website and create our own guns,skins,exct. If you agree please reply.

Easier said than done rookie.

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
kjs brother wrote:This sniper is looks like updated guys but it won't show at map editor i bet is updated now https://i.imgur.com/sEUh5xP.png

How did you get the sniper, and whats the id of sniper?

It's the old usurpation sniper rifle.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Civil security lite 12054 » 21 May 2018, 06:12

Pistols are somewhat much more lethal than SMGs. Unload 10 rounds into 130 hp enemy if you are using SMG. 4 rounds for those who uses C-01P or CS-Pro.

Even in Max teabag-mmo_arena. Ppls can still kill you easily with pistols only.
Civil security lite 12054
Recruit

Postby Resi » 22 May 2018, 01:36

Civil security lite 12054 wrote:Pistols are somewhat much more lethal than SMGs. Unload 10 rounds into 130 hp enemy if you are using SMG. 4 rounds for those who uses C-01P or CS-Pro.

Even in Max teabag-mmo_arena. Ppls can still kill you easily with pistols only.

Good. The pistols still have some value then.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Postby Build » 22 May 2018, 07:56

should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound
꧁༻๖̶̶̶ۣۣۜۜ͜ζ͜͡ Build๖̶̶̶ۣۣۜۜ͜༻꧂
Build
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Resi » 22 May 2018, 11:39

Build wrote:should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound

Why? I'm fine having a similar gun like that one but more unique, and Eric said sounds aren't easy because of critical game size.

Also, guns can have copyright.
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Postby Hikarikaze » 23 May 2018, 07:08

Build wrote:should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound

Certain guns have their names licensed, which isn't easy to get for use in a game. Even AAA games sometimes struggle to acquire licensing/permission to use a gun's exact and actual name. It's best for an obscure game like this to avoid getting into copyright troubles even though fairly unknown indie developers won't get targeted as much as a big company would
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]

Postby Whyme » 23 May 2018, 11:53

I'm personally unsure what I should think about the weapons or even community-content in general. My personal opinion is this: As long as the community gets involved into the game's development, everything is nice. Mods, own sprites, level editor, character creation... As long as everyone who creates something also gets it into the game in some degree, it's also fine. But if it goes towards competition and exclusion of "bad" designs it simply turns into frustration since people put effort into creating something but not being able to get it into the game. And if I remember correctly the weapons we have now were part of a huge contest.

To the weapons in general I can say I personally like the weapon designs and the weapon ideas. The balance wasn't met too greatly as the Alien sniper rifle as example surpasses the Heavy Rail gun in many aspects. I mean the headshot-damage of the Heavy Railgun is about 300 damage, the Alien sniper rifle was able to kill an enemy with a headshot who had 350 health while wielding a lower recharge rate.

Some Re-Balance should be done, most definitely. But with the fact in the back of my mind that only a bit of the sweat and effort was actually converted into some usable things, I personally prefer using the old weapons and I will continue only using the old weapons. And if there's some old weapons that also were created by the community, then first I wasn't aware of it and secondly I don't really care now anymore anyways.

Whyme
Recruit

Postby Resi » 23 May 2018, 20:00

Whyme wrote:To the weapons in general I can say I personally like the weapon designs and the weapon ideas. The balance wasn't met too greatly as the Alien sniper rifle as example surpasses the Heavy Rail gun in many aspects. I mean the headshot-damage of the Heavy Railgun is about 300 damage, the Alien sniper rifle was able to kill an enemy with a headshot who had 350 health while wielding a lower recharge rate.

I think this is ok, if you want a weaker and slower slot 4 put the Heavy Railgun, if you want a faster and more powerful one use the Usurpation Sniper Rifle.

You have to remember that game balance is also heavily in the hands of map makers, for example, there can be a map where there are 3 Heavy Railguns and 1 Usurpation Sniper Rifle, this adds some kind of fighting over having better weaponry.
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Postby tehswordninja » 17 July 2019, 22:03

Just a reminder that once fan art submissions from the new round are accepted and in the game, users can use this topic to give their feedback on them. No sense in making a brand new thread. Here's hoping to some interesting and well-made designs making their way into the game!
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja

Postby Krutz » 1 August 2019, 03:51

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby AuditorMSP » 1 August 2019, 08:57

This is on the minor side, but the Gauss Rifle could be renamed to its proper nomenclature: Gauss Rifle CS-HalfLife. It plays as an homage to the Gauss Cannon in Half Life 1.

AuditorMSP
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 1 August 2019, 16:45

Incompetence
Falkok [250]

Postby Moonhawk » 2 August 2019, 13:57

- the outlines for the CS-GLHF are way too light and doesn't really fit in at the moment (the design itself is good though). It should also receive a burst mode similar to the grenade launchers on darkstar 1-gl since at the moment it seems too easy to kill or annoy teammates with - edit: red parts of archetype also have too faint outlines

- the blurs on the falkok rocket launcher are ugly - it looks like something a person with astigmatism would see

- CS-RageQuit and falkok rocket launcher should be renamed (at the very least the rocket launcher, why does it have gravy in the name?)

- medic pistol should heal like 100 health but have a cooldown of 10 secs or something. the current 10-20 health it gives is pretty useless

- android sniper rifle should have the black line on the cheekrest removed. The magazine and foregrip could also do with being redrawn.
Last edited by Moonhawk on 2 August 2019, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

Moonhawk
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Incompetence » 2 August 2019, 20:35

Moonhawk wrote:the outlines for the CS-GLHF are way too light and doesn't really fit in at the moment (the design itself is good though). It should also receive a burst mode similar to the grenade launchers on darkstar 1-gl since at the moment it seems too easy to kill or annoy teammates with

CS-GLHF isn't supposed to be burst fire so i disagree. i am however ok with it getting a reduced rate of fire or a tighter grenade trajectory arc. even other ideas like changing projectile speed might help
Incompetence
Falkok [250]

Postby Krutz » 3 August 2019, 23:50

Incompetence wrote:i am however ok with it getting a reduced rate of fire

the GL CS-STB works exactly this way: its firerate is reduced like 4x in multiplayer

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Incompetence » 4 August 2019, 00:22

Krutz wrote:

the GL CS-STB works exactly this way: its firerate is reduced like 4x in multiplayer

i'm aware. i meant it in a universal way, fire rate being the same for both SP and MP. however, a slow fire rate like that doesn't fit with the weapon concept. i had designed it to be a grenade launcher that you just unload and suppress a position with. i'd rather not have the gun have two different fire rates across different modes; it'd be inconsistent and won't fit the theme imo

i mean, changing the fire rate isn't the only way to change the weapon either. i'd prefer if something other than fire rate was changed, though i'm also open to a slight fire rate reduction if it's really necessary as long as it's not a painfully slow rate of fire like the CS-STB
Incompetence
Falkok [250]

Postby AuditorMSP » 8 August 2019, 15:01

Incompetence wrote:
Krutz wrote:

i'm aware. i meant it in a universal way, fire rate being the same for both SP and MP. however, a slow fire rate like that doesn't fit with the weapon concept. i had designed it to be a grenade launcher that you just unload and suppress a position with. i'd rather not have the gun have two different fire rates across different modes; it'd be inconsistent and won't fit the theme imo

i mean, changing the fire rate isn't the only way to change the weapon either. i'd prefer if something other than fire rate was changed, though i'm also open to a slight fire rate reduction if it's really necessary as long as it's not a painfully slow rate of fire like the CS-STB

Personally, there are two ways that I can think of for tweaking the GLHF.

1. Give it a RoF delay of 1.0 - 1.5 seconds, but give the grenade explosion a little more 'oomph' to it (around 3.5 in projectile power).

2. Keep the current RoF and its explosion power, but have it behave similarly to the LitBro vehicle rocket cannon. It has to reload after 5 - 6 shots no matter what (unlike the Rocket Launcher CS-Barrage). Also, have it's explosive power affected with upgrades.

It's up to you man.

Also, I think the 'GL' from GLHF should be removed. It seems redundant since the 'grenade launcher' part is already listed.

AuditorMSP
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 8 August 2019, 18:57

Incompetence
Falkok [250]

Postby AuditorMSP » 9 August 2019, 11:31

Incompetence wrote:i'd rather tweak its blast radius rather than damage directly. perhaps reduce the blast radius considerably so the grenade has to be closer to the target and prioritize better aiming. let the grenade impact do the most damage instead of having the splash damage do most of the work. personally i like the RoF as it is. you can blanket a specific area in grenades but atm the grenades have a blast radius that makes that intended strategy a little too strong.

also GL doesn't stand for grenade launcher. GLHF = good luck have fun. it's just another one of those cheeky names CS weapons normally have, like "spam them baby" and "yippee ki yay." fun fact, i had designed the weapon around the name rather than the other way around. i don't feel as though any other name would fit the weapon in all honesty.

Ahh, so that's what that acronym meant. Not that I have anything against 'GLHF', but how about 'KnockYsOut' as an alternative name?

Gahhh, having too much fun thinking up some names for these.

AuditorMSP
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 10 August 2019, 00:39

AuditorMSP wrote:Ahh, so that's what that acronym meant. Not that I have anything against 'GLHF', but how about 'KnockYsOut' as an alternative name?

not sure how that name would fit. personally GLHF is meant to poke fun cheekily at both the shooter and its target: "good luck" to whoever's getting bombarded by grenades, and "have fun" for both the person shooting and getting shot (it's a game after all). automatic weapons that you can just unload and blast people to pieces with are always fun to use hence why that specific phrase was chosen as its name, much like the other grenade launcher's name "spam them baby."

a silly fun little name for a silly fun little weapon basically. there's always a reason as to why i name my weapons a certain name; it often ties in with the lore i write for those weapons as well. in this case, i only made the CS-GLHF an automatic impact-based grenade launcher because it was a fun idea that fit the name. honestly i can't see the GLHF with a different name, it was pretty much designed to embody that phrase specifically only. i can't see it belong outside of the CS faction either because the only faction to use silly and cheeky names like this is CS lol. renaming it would be like calling an apple an orange imo, wouldn't feel right calling it something else unless the whole weapon and its concept got changed
Incompetence
Falkok [250]

PreviousNext

Return to Website / PB2 Game