New Weapons/Skins Feedback

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby Roxxar » 4 February 2018, 01:17

hello, creator of falkok guns here

i'm not entirely satisfied with how they play right now. at the moment, they kinda just seem like Pistol C-01p/Rifle C-01r/Shotgun C-01s/CS-Sniper copies. at the same time, i didn't really want them to have the same bullet and sounds, but i guess i didnt specify that myself to begin with

i would like the pistol to be slightly slower, but a tad stronger. i intended it to be a sort of magnum pistol, which pb2 lacks at the moment.

i would like the rifle (which i initially intended to be a shotgun, but thats okay) to fire in bursts or in slow multishot (like the alien shotgun).

i would like the shotgun (which i initially intended to be a sort of plasma/grenade launcher) to be a plasma/grenade launcher, because thats how i intended it to be. a plasma/grenade launcher.

i'm kind of okay with the DMR as it is, i would just like for the model to be slightly larger and to fire a little bit faster while being a little bit weaker. it's not exactly a sniper rifle, but a DMR (reference: Halo 4 sniper rifle vs DMR)
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: My Opinion On Pb2's Feb 2 Update

Postby tehswordninja » 4 February 2018, 04:22

Sasage, merged your post with this topic for obvious reasons.

Overall my feedback from the original post hasn't changed much. Most of the weapons aren't held quite well, name changes should be put into play, and a rework of all or most of the stats of the weapons to make them more unique from one another. A few new sounds couldn't hurt, either.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby wreak » 4 February 2018, 05:11

Where is the naked proxy skin?

But in all honesty I love the update, a whole bunch of map makers are going to add these guns into their maps so that way they get all the rates.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Fish 20 » 4 February 2018, 06:17

wreak wrote:Where is the naked proxy skin?

BOI

On Topic: IMO, I'm very excited for the new skins (especially dat Falkok Boss and the FTTP soldiers)
The weapons themselves could use a bit of editing (Falkok Shotgun on leg lol) but overall, me likey. :D :D :D
Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 300 character limit.
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is OFF
Smilies are OFF
OPTIONS
Disable BBCode
how do i put an image in my signature
Fish 20
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Eric Gurt » 4 February 2018, 14:37

Did some updates.

Your message contains 8 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 30.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Moonhawk » 4 February 2018, 14:41

Eric Gurt wrote:Did some updates.

the needle's new sound sounds like a duck or a swan or something. doesnt sound like a gun, let alone a silenced one

EDIT

also if the gun's silenced, it would be better to remove the muzzle flash or make it only slightly noticable

EDIT 2

finally
Last edited by Moonhawk on 4 February 2018, 15:40, edited 2 times in total.
Moonhawk
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Alien security heavy » 4 February 2018, 15:03

The falkonian weaponry seems fine. There's a triple grenade launcher, a burst fire shotgun and pistol and marksman rifles got changed... to a good way IMO.
Minigun LMG got different sound... Which is okay.
Usurpation sniper feels good now. Shooting rails makes it different than CS Sniper.
Needle now has supressed sound. Good.
RMK-36 shoots mini BNG's. Glad that green bullet was a placeholder since of the gun's behaviour.
CP-rifle is now a mix of C-01r's firerate and CS-RC's accuracy. I think it's good middle ground.
Act like you know me, but do you even know yourself?
When you got nothin’, you got nothin’ to lose.
I may have no one else to blame, but listen to me.
You and I, we were once the same.
Alien security heavy
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Civil security lite 12054 » 4 February 2018, 15:23

Hoping there will be new vehicles soon. Maybe a flying helicopter ?
Civil security lite 12054
Recruit

Postby unknown 1 » 4 February 2018, 16:02

The changes really fix a lot of problems, like making a lot of guns more unique, making some underpowered guns good or even great, changing some gun skins entirely. But the usurpation sniper rifle should be a darker shade of yellow, to match the other usurpation guns and characters. And the minigun, smg are still held weirdly.

unknown 1
Recruit

Postby Max teabag » 4 February 2018, 16:15

Awesome update... and thx for the categories... the guns are sweet now, but the automatic bng gun has an overwhelming sund and still like to see a "search" function for triggers xD
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Stryde » 4 February 2018, 16:22

Falkok guns need their title to be updated
I'm pretty sure the launcher reads as the shotgun and the assault rifle should be renamed to the shotgun

I still feel there was an overwhelming amount of slot 2 guns added, and the easiest to remove from slot 2 and switch to another slot, like slot 8, would be the alien laser rifles because they also have no penetration value (closer to slot 8 weapons than slot 2 weapons). Would also balance out the upcoming update

The usurpation sniper rifle didn't really have its issue fixed, in that its still just as big as before. The color isn't accurate now either, and it's more bulkier (bigger than the character model). Also, does it have 2 projectiles, because I saw it once penetrate a wall and didn't the next time?

The needle is still seems broken to me
The needle is a workup on the sniper rifle and is still 1 shot to die, but has higher rate of fire over sniper rifle and can still penetrate 4 pixel walls just like sniper rifle. Either penetration should be reduced to compensate to say 2 pixel walls, or damage/rate of fire brought down by a lot. It will end in same fate of lite/heavy railguns, where the lite railgun is nearly always prefered over what would be a more efficient firing gun

The RMK is also broken and much worse than BNG. It doesn't have nearly as high damage, but it feels more accurate and has an extremely high rate of fire, causing it to be easily spammed, and much worse than BNG. Instead of decreasing the rate of fire, maybe decrease the damage done and make it near a plasmagun in terms of damage, as a suggestion?
Last edited by Stryde on 4 February 2018, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.

Stryde

Postby tehswordninja » 4 February 2018, 16:27

The changes to the weapons were certainly all good.

The CP-Assault Rifle now has a much better feel to it.

The RPG, while still in need of a better name (something like RPG-94 would work fine), is a lot more different from the CS-LitBro now. Slower fire rate, more damage and accuracy. I like it.

The Smgs feel a bit more toned down, and are much more inaccurate. I don't mind this.

The RMK feels a lot nicer as well. It's kinda overpowered now, though. Damage needs to be toned back slightly.

Now that the vehicle gun actually works, it doesn't look that bad on the Mobile, but I doubt it'd look very nice on other vehicles. Still, variety is variety.

The "Minigun" C-01m still feels like a copy of the actual Minigun, but with a different sound it distances itself a bit more. I still think the weapon needs a name change, something like Machine Gun C-01m would be easily enough. I also wonder if using its current sound, but modified to be a bit more deeper would work?

I do feel like the Needle's sound could be improved, but it is much better than before. EDIT: The needle completely stomps in lower health maps. Damage may need to be tweaked.

The Alien Sniper Rifle is pretty awesome now. I think its color is also slightly off from the Alien Rifle and the Alien Laser Rifle, but it's not that much of an issue.

Some further changes: The AV-135 could do a bit more damage, but be a bit more inaccurate. Give it that real heavy hitting damage for that heavy sound.

The laser rifles still should be placed in slot 8, and be renamed to simply Alien Laser Rifle and Advanced Laser Rifle. Otherwise, the cooldown was definitely a good idea. Major props on that one, I didn't even think that was possible tbh.

The Energy rifle still feels a bit out of place. Perhaps giving it two projectiles would help? I also think it could honestly work as a Usurpation weapon with a simple color change.

The Gauss Rifle still needs a better name, but I think otherwise it is in a good place. Something related to the Civil Security, as it's obviously a Civil Security design. I've noticed the reload is a bit longer (that could just be me though), it seems to fit its reloading animation better.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby lostmydollar » 4 February 2018, 16:32

Stryde wrote:The needle is a workup on the sniper rifle and is still 1 shot to die, but has higher rate of fire over sniper rifle and can still penetrate 4 pixel walls just like sniper rifle. Either penetration should be reduced to compensate to say 2 pixel walls, or damage/rate of fire brought down

tehswordninja wrote:The needle completely stomps in lower health maps. Damage may need to be tweaked.

alien rifle has the same damage, fire rate and penetration factor but no one complains about it

tehswordninja wrote:The AV-135 could do a bit more damage, but be a bit more inaccurate. Give it that real heavy hitting damage for that heavy sound.

no one likes inaccurate weapons
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby DoomWrath » 4 February 2018, 16:58

To those discussing balance and damage - have you considered that perhaps it's fine to leave certain weapons weak and certain weapons powerful?

In my opinion making everything "balanced" may have the negative impact of just making all the guns handle too similarly. If a gun is powerful, just don't use it in your map, or change other aspects of the map such as HP, or only give the gun to characters sparingly.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Zufix » 4 February 2018, 17:49

All the guns are good in the new demo update. Would be nice to have a Falkonian assault rifle but that's only just my opinion. The new Usurpation sniper sometimes shoots fine, but sometimes it kills you when you shoot it.
Zufix
Recruit

Postby gani » 4 February 2018, 19:03

My rating:
That new minigun should renamed as machine gun, btw it looks like mg-42
8 of 10
New alien sniper rifle, good job.
10 of 10
That little bastard is ugly, not pb2 style, very fast, old sounds
2 of 10
Falkok weaponry perfectly replaces red guns
10 of 10
Rpg should bit follow mouse cursor
9 of 10
Avr-135 its chinese ak-74 with unused minigun sunds.
9 of 10
Needle - pb2 styled Dragunov
9 of 10
Laser rifles well designed, but glitch when ping is high.
6 of 10
Cp Assault rifle is cool, similiar to default rifle but with new sounds, cp skin also cool
10 of 10
Cs autocannon is good alternative to default vehicle cannon, but color is not.
8 of 10

And now guns that don't have any special:
Energy rifle 8 / 10
Phanx-92 7 / 10
RMK-36 6 / 10
CR-45 6 / 10
Gauss rifle 6 / 10
Smg 5 / 10

Guns that should not be in game:
Cr-45 (no pb2 style, nothing new except skin)
Little bastard (no pb2 style, worse smg, ugly name)
Laser rifles (don't fits in approved maps, don't working on high ping)

Bonus:
CS-Oicw good rifle, shoot a burst of 3 bullets, oicw exist in real life and used in beta version of half life 2 and in other games, but it has bad accuracy and low texture.
8 of 10

I made map for 1.28 ID: gani-war
Last edited by gani on 4 February 2018, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

2000-2018
gani
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Moonhawk » 4 February 2018, 19:10

gani wrote:maybe add cooldown?

maybe test it properly? pretty sure that it already has a cooldown.
gani wrote:That little bastard is ugly, not pb2 style, very fast, old sounds 2 of 10

sure, you can call it ugly if you really want, but i dont understand how it isnt pb2 styled. i dont see how it being very fast is a bad thing either. and half of the guns share sounds with other guns.
Moonhawk
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby gani » 4 February 2018, 19:18

Moonhawk wrote:
gani wrote:maybe add cooldown?

maybe test it properly? pretty sure that it already has a cooldown.
gani wrote:That little bastard is ugly, not pb2 style, very fast, old sounds 2 of 10

sure, you can call it ugly if you really want, but i dont understand how it isnt pb2 styled. i dont see how it being very fast is a bad thing either. and half of the guns share sounds with other guns.

Well they add cooldown so i edit my message, little bastard still worst gun, its useless.

2000-2018
gani
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 4 February 2018, 20:55

gani wrote:Well they add cooldown so i edit my message, little bastard still worst gun, its useless.

Yet the SMG isn't? It performs literally the same way yet you rated it higher.

gani wrote:That little bastard is ugly, not pb2 style, very fast, old sounds

It's better to recycle already used sound assets than to make new ones in order to reduce game file size, hence why 99% of the game's assets use Half Life 2 sound effects.

gani wrote:Cr-45 (no pb2 style, nothing new except skin)
Little bastard (no pb2 style, worse smg, ugly name)

If those weren't in the PB2 art style then those guns wouldn't have been added at all so surely they clearly must be in PB2's style if Eric himself added them in the game

Also, worse than what? The SMG that performs exactly the same or every other weapon that can't be fully compared with this gun?

gani wrote:Laser rifles (don't fits in approved maps, don't working on high ping)

That's not a good reason why any gun shouldn't be in the game. There's quite a few weapons that don't "fit" in approved maps but are still around in the game. Laser rifles have their place outside of approved maps too.
---
Speaking of laser rifles, I forgot to mention that the laser should actually resemble a laser.

Like this: http://prntscr.com/ia2r7h

The laser rifles having a cooldown is a good balance considering its stats as a constant beam weapon. It doesn't hinder the weapon's performance in any way aside from keeping people from spamming the weapon which is nice.

At least the Usurpation sniper rifle fits in with the design now. The RMK also having bullet impacts is also nice but I'm not sure if the BNG bullets fit. The Needle sounding suppressed is also a nice touch too as well as the LMG having the CS-RC firing sound but the red tracers make it all too weird. Having it shoot yellow tracers like the CS weapons might fix that. Also the SMG having a name now gives the weapon a little more personality and identity which is always welcome.

The Falkok shotgun being burst definitely makes it unique in its class now, along with its higher RoF. It could be fun to use in MP. The grenade launcher functioning like a shotgun places itself above the other grenade launcher by default since it fires 3 at a time as opposed to the CS launcher's 1 grenade. This one could definitely be fun in custom maps.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby 49er » 4 February 2018, 23:33

The only gun that still seems out of place is the RMK. It should look like a rifle version of the BNG with green coloring and everything, right now it looks like a basic machine gun. The ray rifle has the style of the ray gun so this would make sense.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

PreviousNext

Return to Website / PB2 Game