Forum Games

Give us your feedback about the forum! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Forum Games

Postby DoomWrath » 7 April 2018, 22:12

Hello Community.

It is time to review the status of forum games on the Plazma Burst forums. Currently, we have a system with two subforums, one for suggesting games, and one to play them once approved by staff members. We could do many things with forum games, including doing nothing and leaving the current system in place, which has mostly been workable so far.

I'd like to know what you as community members think about the matter. Do you play forum games? Do you think any changes to the system are necessary? What would you do?

Currently, I am proposing modification of the area by removing the need for short games to be approved, and playing them in a subforum with a fast automatic thread trim enabled, so once a short game is no longer being played, or a game ends, it is quickly cleaned up and removed. Longer role-playing type games, or games with a host, can be played in a subforum for longer form games. This wouldn't change the number of subforums overall.

Previous thread regarding some ideas: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=21386

Kind Regards,
Doomzerker - Plazma Burst Administrator
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Forum Games

Postby ChemicalX » 7 April 2018, 22:22

I used to visit the forum games section and I liked the idea of having a game-suggestion subforum there for unofficial "test run" games.

I have no issue with keeping the current system.
ChemicalX
Recruit

Postby Protonoid » 8 April 2018, 04:20

I loved to play forum games, back in my time. The current state of forum games section, in my opinion, isn't good enough.

There are only a bunch of games to play around, some of the most famous games aren't visible now. Even my favorite game is locked up i.e Rate the Avatar.

It really needs some firepower
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby lostmydollar » 8 April 2018, 15:03

Adding forum games was a bad idea. Now the most sections are dead. New topics appear very rarely. There is nothing to discuss most of the time, no one to talk to.

I suggest removing forum games or officially rename "Plazma Burst 2 Official Forum" into "Plazma Burst 2 Official Forum Games Center" or something like that
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ChemicalX » 8 April 2018, 17:00

silverteen11 wrote:
ChemicalX wrote:I used to visit the forum games section and I liked the idea of having a game-suggestion subforum there for unofficial "test run" games.

Keep in mind, the suggestions are is NOT a test place, it's a suggestion are alone.

My mistake then; it's been some time since I even went there, to be honest.
ChemicalX
Recruit

Postby Hikarikaze » 9 April 2018, 02:07

The low amount of people and suggested games are the main problems here. Well, that and the way things worked to an extent. Back in the day not every game could be approved at will so decisions had to be made as to which ones had to actually be approved. It'd be easier to move forum games to a place where there's more people active. As far as I can remember, some long term forum games were also being played outside this community/forum so this option is still up. I'm not in the PB2 Discord so I don't have a single clue about how many people are there and are also active usually but I imagine it has some activity compared to the forums even if low. Perhaps moving everything there and making channels for each game under a forum games section could work. A channel dedicated for recommendations/suggestions can also be made

This current system also works fine as it has been. The only reason it's not doing so well is because the things keeping forum games afloat aren't really here anymore (people and games). Have more people come and naturally, more forum games will also be made/suggested because there's more people that can do so

DoomWrath wrote:Currently, I am proposing modification of the area by removing the need for short games to be approved

Not really a good idea. Some short term forum games aren't good enough when they're made that they can immediately be deployed out without serious issues. This also goes for long term games. There needs to be a period of time to allow proper refining of a forum game so that every game can actually be playable on the first day of deployment

A fast automatic thread trim however is a good idea. Automatic clean ups can save time and manual effort and allow more time to focus on game refinement and approvals, the former of which is necessary
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Elitech » 14 April 2018, 10:20

عندما يريد العالم أن ‪يتكلّم ‬ ، فهو يتحدّث بلغة يونيكود. تسجّل الآن لحضور المؤتمر الدولي العاشر ليونيكود ، الذي سيعقد فيSeptember-11 آذار 2001 بمدينة مَايِنْتْس، ألمانيا. و سيجمع المؤتمر بين خبراء من كافة قطاعات الصناعة على الشبكة العالمية انترنيت ويونيكود، حيث ستتم، على الصعيدين الدولي والمحلي على حد سواء مناقشة سبل استخدام يونكود في النظم القائمة وفيما يخص التطبيقات الحاسوبية، الخطوط، تصميم
Last edited by Elitech on 22 April 2020, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
epic
Elitech
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Forum