The Potential Of Forum Games: It Needs A Rework!

Give us your feedback about the forum! Or have an idea? Post it here!

The Potential Of Forum Games: It Needs A Rework!

Postby Resi » 28 April 2019, 14:20

Forum Games, believe or not, can bring up a lot of activity to the forum. Here's an example.

Besides that, Forum Games also has a small yet loyal community in PB2. As seen in this thread.

Now imagine if we gave those users a lot more freedom. They could invite fellow forum game players to PB2 and the activity would grow.

Here's what I propose:

Remove the suggestions area.

The suggestions area isn't needed. It isn't even checked by the staff, and it does no good. I heard from the staff that the only reason that forum games is limited is to reduce rulebreaking. But just like the post edition limitation we had before, it does no good.

Instead, encourage reporting posts by taking care of them faster, don't get mad when people DM you in Discord with reports (Some of the staff have done this, some haven't). And possibly, just possibly recruit forum game moderators.

Categorize forum games.

Separate endless forum games like "Rate the avatar above" from games like "Roll To Dodge". This will make it easier for players to find the kind of forum game that suits them.

When players click forum games, they should be taken to "Hosted Games" which shows Roll To Dodge and every other forum game that requires a host. At the top, there will be the "Endless Games" sub-forum that host games like "Rate The Avatar Above".

Note: Last time I told Doom about a rework for forum games, he said something along the lines of forum games not belonging to PB2 or something, so this idea won't probably make it, so please show your interest.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Re: The Potential Of Forum Games: It Needs A Rework!

Postby ustopable » 13 May 2019, 14:57

As far as categorization it is categorized into “Short Term” and “Long Term”

Short Term means it is not hosted and does not need to wait for other players. So if it is unattended for atleast 5 days I guess it gets removed

Long Term means it needs to wait for other players to act. So if it is unattended for 1month it is removed.
ustopable
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Forum