CITYBASE

Multiplayer Maps here.

CITYBASE

Postby yizhe » 16 November 2020, 11:06

Disclaimer: I am not allied nor affiliated with GTR or any clans in any ways.

This is a base map that I have made upon the request by GTR, im only doing this as a third party map developer. All rights to this map goes to me, not them.

Description:
A large city-base map. City comprise 3 structures with apartments. Keycards are located in the base and only accessible by the GOD. Weapons and props are scattered across ravage, where players can raid the city while players assisting the god can defend, with some players being civilians, etc.

Map has 2603 Objects. However, it runs smoothly for most players. Potato pcs may experience drop in frame rates.

Map page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... id=1001493
Map ID: yizhe-citybase

Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: CITYBASE

Postby xElijah » 16 November 2020, 11:33

Nice details. Very well done. It has some cons though. I think the implementation of keycard system was a mistake because it limits possibilities of players to explore the city freely. I would remove it. I think its removal would encourage players to stay longer on the map and explore it. The map has too many elements. It takes a lot of time to launch a multiplayer match with it and it gives me FPS drops. To fix this I would cut the amount of elements by removing unnecessary objects (like single not important decorations and stairs walls). Pixel art adds more lag to the map than one single decoration so it would be better if you replace some pixel art with decoration/text equivalents. "Less objects = better performance" is the recipe in your case. The base itself looks like a low detailed castle that doesn't match up with the city theme of the map. I would replace the base with some VIP building (like hotel or office) that is only accessible to god and his allies. Its layout has to be redone from scratch in this case.
xElijah
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby yizhe » 16 November 2020, 12:09

check map description as to why the map was designed in this manner.

Also, when the request came in to make this map, lag was always in my mind. But all i can do is minimise the lag. As mentioned before, map has 2603 objects.

Keycards was implemented so that they when GTR make the match, they can determine who gets which room. It focuses more for their play value. However, i do see your point. If this map was not a "clan" centric map, yes, i would concur that keycards to be removed :)
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mohamed2013 » 16 November 2020, 14:22

Dear yizhe, you should know that GTR got nuked; it's now dead and disbanded. The leader himself is leading another clan.
So no point of making this map for a disbanded dead clan.
SIGNATURE test
mohamed2013
Recruit

Postby yizhe » 16 November 2020, 16:02

Sorry mohammed, i dont know much about clans. I get a request, i like it, i do it :)
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Multiplayer Maps