Making a Deathmatch Map

Multiplayer Maps here.

Making a Deathmatch Map

Postby Grav7ty » 21 January 2020, 20:20

I am trying to build a base map, but I'm getting confused about some things.

Does everybody have to be a different team, or can they be all the same team, and if so then what team should I make them?

If everyone does have to be the same team, how do I make a separate teleport for the god?

How do I make a teleport that only lets certain accounts access it? So that if one player with access joins a game, can access teleport, and rejoin and still access.

How do I make it so that players can only spawn in certain areas, and not others? So a non-god doesn't respawn in a god room.

You probably can't do this, but how can you make it so that the god can teleport by pressing E?

Grav7ty
Recruit

Re: Making a Deathmatch Map

Postby Fordex » 22 January 2020, 13:27

Grav7ty wrote:I am trying to build a base map, but I'm getting confused about some things.

Does everybody have to be a different team, or can they be all the same team, and if so then what team should I make them?

If everyone does have to be the same team, how do I make a separate teleport for the god?

How do I make a teleport that only lets certain accounts access it? So that if one player with access joins a game, can access teleport, and rejoin and still access.

How do I make it so that players can only spawn in certain areas, and not others? So a non-god doesn't respawn in a god room.

You probably can't do this, but how can you make it so that the god can teleport by pressing E?

1:Does everybody have to be a different team, or can they be all the same team, and if so then what team should I make them?
Answer:No,dm will automaticly change teams for players,but if you want you can do that.
2:if everyone does have to be the same team, how do I make a separate teleport for the god?
Answer:place acid that kills players,but place god's hp to high (1+23 will be fully good).But make sure acid can't kill god when he enters.Make a teleport to god room.
3:How do I make a teleport that only lets certain accounts access it? So that if one player with access joins a game, can access teleport, and rejoin and still access.
Answer:idk
4:How do I make it so that players can only spawn in certain areas, and not others? So a non-god doesn't respawn in a god room.
Answer:Good question,[quote=]Player will spawn in 2000 random points on map,player will not spawn in: water,acid,push area.He spawns only where he can walk,sit and X.[/quote]I think u can put an push area and make free the places where player must spawn.
5:You probably can't do this, but how can you make it so that the god can teleport by pressing E?[/quote]
Answer:[quote=Fordex]place acid that kills players,but place god's hp to high (1+23 will be fully good).But make sure acid can't kill god when he enters.Make a teleport to god room.[/quote]
If its COOP map,make same or place god to other team.

Fordex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Grav7ty » 23 January 2020, 23:05

Fordex wrote:5:You probably can't do this, but how can you make it so that the god can teleport by pressing E?

Answer:[quote=Fordex]place acid that kills players,but place god's hp to high (1+23 will be fully good).But make sure acid can't kill god when he enters.Make a teleport to god room.[/quote]
If its COOP map,make same or place god to other team.[/quote]

Sorry, what I meant was, for example, the god is trapped by somebody. I want the god to be able to point their cursor outside of whatever they are trapped in, and if they press 'E' they automatically teleport to their cursor. Not as in so that they use an actual teleport on the map.

Grav7ty
Recruit

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 25 January 2020, 01:31

I've seen custom guns that lets you teleport through walls, maybe that will help in your case.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Grav7ty » 25 January 2020, 21:38

Don't worry, I found the answer. A custom gun is a nice idea, I might make a secret one for players to try to get to (my map is base map.).

Create a new trigger, and insert these actions:

ACTION 1: <Move region '1' to player-initiator.>
ACTION 2: <Move region '2' to player-initiator's cursor.>
ACTION 3: <Teleport player-initiator from region '1' to region '2'.>

Then create a large region that covers the whole area you want the character to teleport. Set it to activate only with no button, blue team, and set the activation trigger to the trigger you just made.

Then create two regions, Region 1 and 2. I placed how you need to place them on the map above in the trigger actions. It would be good if you set them as 40x100.

If you want to make a gun with these properties, just make a trigger and timer and have the gun call a trigger with the same actions each time it shoots.

Sorry if I make no sense, but I can make a map to demonstrate.

Grav7ty
Recruit

Postby Fordex » 31 January 2020, 20:43

Grav7ty wrote:Don't worry, I found the answer. A custom gun is a nice idea, I might make a secret one for players to try to get to (my map is base map.).

Create a new trigger, and insert these actions:

ACTION 1: <Move region '1' to player-initiator.>
ACTION 2: <Move region '2' to player-initiator's cursor.>
ACTION 3: <Teleport player-initiator from region '1' to region '2'.>

Then create a large region that covers the whole area you want the character to teleport. Set it to activate only with no button, blue team, and set the activation trigger to the trigger you just made.

Then create two regions, Region 1 and 2. I placed how you need to place them on the map above in the trigger actions. It would be good if you set them as 40x100.

If you want to make a gun with these properties, just make a trigger and timer and have the gun call a trigger with the same actions each time it shoots.

Sorry if I make no sense, but I can make a map to demonstrate.

You dont need spend too many time,just select parameter that moves region with invisible button to god (in parameter you must write #player*(number of player that will be god) and make it with timer and activate timer so it will always move it then select parameter to move region to cursor and select parameter to teleport god to his cursor.
If you need i can make a map with that for you

Fordex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Grav7ty » 19 February 2020, 23:12

I have already tried that, it doesn't work, what I posted above is the only thing that appears to work for me

Grav7ty
Recruit

Return to Multiplayer Maps