The Cutscene

Singleplayer Maps here.

The Cutscene

Postby Prox_y » 12 November 2020, 12:46

So I've been working on this for quite some time after the Abandom Projection map so hopefully my work here is done.

Information below.

Map name: The Cutscene
Map ID: prox_y-pr0a

Votes: 0

Singleplayer plays: 0

Map preview:

Map description: The beginnings of PB: FttP events.

This is a non-canon fan-made cutscene of what could of have happened in the beginnings of PB: FttP events.

A cutscene, no shooting or fighting or any of those things just a watch and read and listening ones.

Ive done quite some research on the lore of PB series and I hope that my work here is exactly what PB series lore is all about, if things dont exactly workout then I need some feedbacks and thanks for reading and good luck!

Walkthrough Video: –
Approved: –

Max Players: 1

Map Designer: Prox_y

Soundtrack: –

Last update: 12 November 2020, 11:25

Map Source: Closed

Instant demo link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=prox_y-pr0a

Thanks and good luck!

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: The Cutscene

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 12 November 2020, 20:11

Yeah, good luck with a cutscene!

Some parts of the dialogue are a bit repetitive. Also, when the Time Machine starts malfunctioning, it would make more sense for the people in the room to start going ballistic. When the time machine first starts to show signs of a problem, the people should start shouting at each other in an attempt to resolve the situation. It's unrealistic for people to not give a damn while a time machine in the same room starts going haywire. At least towards the end we see people making a run for it. Nicely done with that part.

Overall, good job. Would be interesting to see more of these kind of maps.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Prox_y » 13 November 2020, 02:54

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:Yeah, good luck with a cutscene!

Some parts of the dialogue are a bit repetitive. Also, when the Time Machine starts malfunctioning, it would make more sense for the people in the room to start going ballistic. When the time machine first starts to show signs of a problem, the people should start shouting at each other in an attempt to resolve the situation. It's unrealistic for people to not give a damn while a time machine in the same room starts going haywire. At least towards the end we see people making a run for it. Nicely done with that part.

Overall, good job. Would be interesting to see more of these kind of maps.

Yeah, that's probably due to when I first thought of the idea I was going to include some more characters and such but that was before I've done some research on PB lore series which apparently have shown that some characters are unknown and such or simply due to lack of information like where were the origins or other questions that weren't answered and yes I may have encountered them and I also had to answer them on my own ideas and hoping that it made sense as to why since some questions are unanswered.

Luckily I've done some research before I finished the project or should I say when I somewhat started the project but already added some but then left those characters such as Hermes and Hexagon from the cutscene as they were obviously lacking information that I needed to see if it made sense to have them there or not. - I do think that due to the time machine error explosion I'm pretty sure Correction IX will not abandon Marine and Noir Lime like that so they'll most likely fix the time machine and try to have a new volunteers to rescue Marine and Noir Lime which may be those characters Hermes and Hexagon or something but then again since their timeline is towards the end where Usurpations Forces are winning against humanity it may seemed that every other human faction will simply fall to them and lose which may state that it's too late for them to try to rescue Marine and Noir Lime but luckily Marine and Noir Lime were sent back in time but due to the calculations error they were sent at the wrong coordinates which was planet Mars, this also includes their weaponry and their technology being scattered as well, luckily they survived the teleportation otherwise there would be a chance that teleportation could of teared them to pieces but luckily they weren't as well as their equipment but unfortunately their equipment was scattered throughout but luckily they find it on Mars or at least I'm pretty sure that's why shop where you buy equipment is a real thing in PB: FttP but PB2 took note of it and instead of upgrading our armour we only upgrade our already upgraded weapons to make them further stronger however appearance stayed the same on those weapons.

Also when I was making the cutscene and testing how it played out, I did notice that due to how poor PB2 AI is I had to add more explosions in the room and essentially cover them all over the room to make sure that the end of the cutscene didn't took too long due to the AI staying in one spot for too long so I also made them be in investigating mode as well to force them to move around since it would be easier for that instead of individually making them have a path to where they have to go to since that'll take a quite a bit to make it work.

I made the furnitures that were in the room I made them turn black cause I thought it would be unrealistic if they weren't burnt or damaged by the explosions, would be nicer if there were damaged or destroyed versions of these decorations but unfortunately there weren't so I had to be creative and made them turn black to show signs of damage in a way due to the explosions and such and also added random sounds effects as well for more interesting explosions sounds.

I do like the cinematic camera I've made for the end cutscene where it would follow any random alive Correction IX unit in the end cutscene where you get to see where he/her running to as well as her/him dying due to the explosions as well as the exit doors that I have made that works whenever they run into it however I did notice that some units at the time machine won't quite make a run for it unlike the ones that are near the exit doorway but I guess it's due to the investigating mode for AI behaviour, maybe I should've added a custom one but it would mean I would have to individually add them for each character which would already take more time in the project.

Text to speech was an idea that I also added for more interesting listennings or something, I did find it funny at times at how the narrative reads them but it's probably because it was near the end of the project and when I was thinking about adding text to speech I added it cause why not and since I was in a bit of a rush I simply copy and pasted the text display into the text to speech, at first I was going to use a variable that detects any messages in chat but that method only worked whenever I typed something and not the cutscene if only that method worked it would've been easier but since that didn't work I had to use the varspeak to make it use for text to speech to make it work and luckily it did but it also meant that I had to delay the text messages as well to allow narrative to be able to read them fully, I guess somewhere in those developments I ended up making repetitive dialogue and such.

So thanks for your feedback so I'll take a look at what dialogue is repetitive and perhaps improve it to make it sound better but that does mean either I'm going to have to scrap text to speech or simply remake the entire trigger actions for the dialogue perhaps, depends on severity of the trigger systems that I have made.

So adding some dialogue to where time machine goes haywire but due to the text to speech I made have to delay them and making sure they work perfectly, maybe increasing the rate of speech could make it better but i wanted to make it so that you could hear what narrative is saying I do find it funny listening to him but I still kind of wished there was a way to make a variable grab messages that weren't sented by player but by a trigger action and could of have that variable come to text to speech in which it would be easier for it but it only grabs players messages and not the trigger actions ones that make dialogue which is quite unfortunately and obviously delayed my project.

Another disappointing thing is that text to speech doesn't work in standalone of PB2 which is quite sad, I do wish it did work at least somehow but it doesn't, probably due to it being alone from the internet and simply couldn't grab the text to speech which results in it not working but it would be nice if it did so in standalone you do have to read the text instead of listening and due to the delay of it, people might get bored due to how slow it goes perhaps.

Ok, I just made a whole paragraph about the project and how it was annoying of making it. Sorry about that.

Didn't really meant to make a paragraphs but I was just tired at the severity that it was to making of the cutscene and how I had to find some ways to make it work, it was just annonying and tiring but it was at least a short map that didn't really took much but still, it's severity was just too much.

Ok, I can't seemed to find parts of dialogue to be a bit repetitive?

Did you meant time machine system dialogues?

Also I did planned to add some music to it but after doing that they simply didn't seemed fitted and most likely were too loud to hear the narrative of what his reading so I ended up cutting the music off and didn't really brother with it just simply cause it didn't seemed fitted nor was too loud for it.

Ok, so I've added your feedback on adding more dialogues and reactions to time machine system by scientists and guards of course it was quite painful due to severity of bugs but I managed to make it work or at least as well as text to speech capable of reading them and not skipping dialogues.

So thanks and good luck!

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 13 November 2020, 13:08

Another thing. The C9 scientist standing at the time machine entrance should be called C9 Head Scientist, or something like that. Since there are multiple generic scientists in the room, we don't know which one is talking during the start of the dialogue.
Also, the part with the malfunctioning time machine is a bit better with the dialogue, but I think it's a bit too long, and the effect kind of wears off. Have the machine blurt out a few phrases, the personnel try to fix it, and fail, and then have everyone run like hell.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby astrodex pl » 13 November 2020, 15:49

very cool work
My purpose makes more sense when i look at insanity around that world
astrodex pl
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Prox_y » 14 November 2020, 04:52

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:Another thing. The C9 scientist standing at the time machine entrance should be called C9 Head Scientist, or something like that. Since there are multiple generic scientists in the room, we don't know which one is talking during the start of the dialogue.
Also, the part with the malfunctioning time machine is a bit better with the dialogue, but I think it's a bit too long, and the effect kind of wears off. Have the machine blurt out a few phrases, the personnel try to fix it, and fail, and then have everyone run like hell.

Ok I've improved on it even more, hopefully it's much better now.

I also made the head scientist speak something about errors as well.

Had encountered so many bugs it was just annoying literally spend hours trying to fix the problems but luckily they should be fixed now.

Also do not press the 'N' key unless you want to skip the event and go to the next. Press twice to skip the entire scene if you wanted but you'll obviously miss all of it if you do that unless you heard it before otherwise if it was updated you probably don't want to skip it. I choose 'N' key as in 'Next event' and yes there are two events in the cutscene, the first one is where head scientist explains to Marine and Noir Lime and the second event is when time machine goes haywire. Plus I made that key so that I could test things more easier and faster that's why it is there now.

Also Marine and Noir Lime might've been sent slightly back in time but not enough to save humanity which explains why Marine and Noir Lime and then later Proxy used another time machine in PB2 campaign level 41 otherwise I don't think it makes sense for them to find another time machine so technically forward to the past basically means either future instead of past or somewhere towards that, I don't know.

Anyway thanks and good luck!

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Prox_y » 21 November 2020, 10:33

Alright!

Finally finished the sequel for this which is more of a PB:FttP styled gameplay except you play as Noir Lime instead of Marine type of perspective...

Also the map has anti-skip but no worries you can skip the cutscene by pressing N key in "prox_y-pr0a" and it'll get you back to "prox_y-pr1a". Maybe I shouldn't have added that system actually and simply allowed for people to skip my previous map "prox_y-pr0a"?

Also I was experimenting with randomized variables so that means that the enemies are actually randomized unlike falkok faction which they are the ones that do not have random but they do have jetpacks referred to "prox_y-temp0a". But at the cost of random enemies it obviously meant more triggers and perhaps bugs maybe even lag perhaps I shouldn't have done that but it's going to be quite tedious anyway which most likely is that the map has stacked triggers on one another that it's essentially impossible for me to fix it, however I did managed to make this level work the way it should be during my testings but it's unknown for what it's going to be for others.

I might've screwed it up, I don't know...

Hope you liked it and good luck!

Map name: The Noir Limes Beginning Adventure [ Level 1 ]
Map ID: prox_y-pr1a

Votes: 0

Singleplayer plays: 0

Map preview:

Map description: After watching the cutscene of my previous map. Prox_y-pr0a

This is the continuation and yes you play as Noir Lime instead of Marine in PB:FttP events, hope you liked it.

I might need feedback on this as well if things arent quite based on lore of PB series.

I wasted an entire night on this and uh, I dont think it is great but Im not sure... And yeah I was quite struggling on it... Sorry and yes it has too many triggers that I dont think its even possible for me to fix if there were bugs either... I just hope the next part would be better perhaps... If this part was bad that is...

Walkthrough Video: –
Approved: –

Max Players: 1

Map Designer: Prox_y

Soundtrack: {Factory} by cornandbeans
{Factory} by cornandbeans

Last update: 21 November 2020, 09:15

Map Source: Closed

Instant demo link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=prox_y-pr1a

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 21 November 2020, 16:39

You should put that in a separate forum thread.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby Prox_y » 21 November 2020, 22:27

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:You should put that in a separate forum thread.

Ok. Doing that now I guess...

Ok done I putten that on another separate forum in singleplayer thread.

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Prox_y » 22 November 2020, 08:18

Hey!

I've added some text that says that you can skip the cutscene by pressing N key.

Also I've added some slight improvements such as little actions such as this which makes it look like they are doing something instead of standing idle.

Also I've added the shortest cutscene ever too. Perhaps, maybe?

I seriously don't know what am I doing right now...

But if I'm turning this into a singleplayer series I gotta say I suck at it, it's eeh... Not good... Like the levels from prox_y-pr0a to pr2a is just not seemed great at all... For more of a bad series...

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Singleplayer Maps